Is 404 Related to Resident Evil?

xBenlander

**Warning! Possible spoilers ahead!**

I came across a Resident Evil easter egg where I find Leon and Chris Redfield. They were part of a group called Unit 404. I was curious if 404 had anything to do with Resident Evil but my google searches do not give me any definite answers. Is 404 or Unit 404 related to Resident Evil in any way? 

Ah you must be talking about the Wall of Valor quest I presume. I believe its both an Aliens and a resident references, the names of the dog tags "Wierzbowski, Hudson, Hicks, Ramirez,  and Frost" i think are all marines in the Aliens franchise. Also there is line "Chris punch through" (for the Chris boulder punching meme) and I think 404 refers to the STARS team. but someone correct me if im wrong.

404 could also be a reference to "error 404, the webpage you're trying to reach cannot be found"

Edited by wackt1
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, wackt1 said:

Ah you must be talking about the Wall of Valor quest I presume. I believe its both an Aliens and a resident references, the names of the dog tags "Wierzbowski, Hudson, Hicks, Ramirez,  and Frost" i think are all marines in the Aliens franchise. Also there is line "Chris punch through" (for the Chris boulder punching meme) and I think 404 refers to the STARS team. but someone correct me if im wrong.

404 could also be a reference to "error 404, the webpage you're trying to reach cannot be found"

oh wow I haven't seen Alien in so long I forgot the names! That is so awesome! And now that you said that about error 404, it kind of makes sense how 404 is related to S.T.A.R.S. and being a secret group that can't be found.

I might be off on some accounts tho 

12 hours ago, HeyaBen said:

oh wow I haven't seen Alien in so long I forgot the names! That is so awesome! And now that you said that about error 404, it kind of makes sense how 404 is related to S.T.A.R.S. and being a secret group that can't be found.

(also small correction Ramirez and Frost might be a nod to Modern warfare, also S.T.A.R.S is not a secret group, I just find it interesting as most of S.T.A.R.S and 404 are dead)

Ye, basically im pretty sure Unit 404 itself has no connection to Resident evil, but the members are a nod to several characters from other Franchises with 404 potentially being a nod to how most of them are dead.