Help with getting Epic Gems

Murdermanzz

I've been getting legendary, rare, common etc gems for what seems like forever, but I never get given or acquire epic ones. These are the last 3 trophies I need so it's getting a bit frustrating. 

Is there a level cap you need to hit before you start unlocking epic ones? My Ma Chao is level 52 and I'm still only getting legendaries, despite having epic titles and secret plans, having dozens of S rank relationships, being emperor/ruler, having every territory bar one and being maxed on the majority of characteristic stats. 

Any help would be appreciated! I've looked around online but not had any luck finding out what I'm missing or doing wrong. I'm drawing out the scenario I'm in to level up in the hope that's the issue but don't want to waste my time if it's not. 

6 hours ago, Nameless600 said:

That worked for gems, I was about level 25 when they started dropping like crazy.

However, still can't find an epic artifact. Been given a few legendaries, but no epics.

Any advice or just keep playing on hard?

Yeah playing on hard got me an epic gem after my first battle. No sign of an epic artifact either after a few fights and spouse/sibling gifts. 

Wondering if maybe going up to the hardest difficulty makes the difference for the artifact... 

Just got my artifact on hard difficulty. Here is where I was at. I did only get 1 but stopped playing that campaign once I did. I'm not sure if any, or all has to do with this or if its completely random, but if you want to recreate this is where i was.

Scenario - Gathering of Heroes

Character - Lu Bu

Approximate Merit level - 25

Approximate Turn - 75

Rank - Officer

Faction - Diao Chan (who was Prime Minister)

Title - Lu Bu "epic" title (requires lvl 10 bravery)

Artifact in battle - Legendary with all legendary gems (matching element as well)

Was Married, did not have any sworn siblings.

Got it on a defensive battle, I never got a single artifact from a "gift" over the two campaigns i played (went through about 100 turns on a Zhang Fei campaign where I had 3 sworn siblings, married, and had Zhang Bao (son) in my army). To be honest, i was never gifted an epic item at all. They all came from battle. The one exception i know are horses, but those require you to be married or sworn siblings with specific people (i.e. liu bei for hex mark, lu bu for red hare, etc.)

Once you have this, you can win a battle with the "max element level" by equipping all gems to match whatever the artifact is, even if they are rare or uncommon level gems and winning a battle. Remember this transfers over to all other characters so you don't have to do it on hard.

Hope this helps!

Edited by Nameless600
  • Like 2

On 18/02/2022 at 5:20 PM, Nameless600 said:

Just got my artifact on hard difficulty. Here is where I was at. I did only get 1 but stopped playing that campaign once I did. I'm not sure if any, or all has to do with this or if its completely random, but if you want to recreate this is where i was.

Scenario - Gathering of Heroes

Character - Lu Bu

Approximate Merit level - 25

Approximate Turn - 75

Rank - Officer

Faction - Diao Chan (who was Prime Minister)

Title - Lu Bu "epic" title (requires lvl 10 bravery)

Artifact in battle - Legendary with all legendary gems (matching element as well)

Was Married, did not have any sworn siblings.

Got it on a defensive battle, I never got a single artifact from a "gift" over the two campaigns i played (went through about 100 turns on a Zhang Fei campaign where I had 3 sworn siblings, married, and had Zhang Bao (son) in my army). To be honest, i was never gifted an epic item at all. They all came from battle. The one exception i know are horses, but those require you to be married or sworn siblings with specific people (i.e. liu bei for hex mark, lu bu for red hare, etc.)

Once you have this, you can win a battle with the "max element level" by equipping all gems to match whatever the artifact is, even if they are rare or uncommon level gems and winning a battle. Remember this transfers over to all other characters so you don't have to do it on hard.

Hope this helps!

Thank you so much man. Knowing I can get it on hard gives me a bit more motivation to keep going. Didn't want to waste my time on it if it wasn't gonna happen. Appreciate the confirmation and info!

I got to turn 120 but didn't have any artifacts. They never gave it to me, I don't even have a purple one. I have half the territories conquered, I can't go further because I have to think about defending mine. It should be random right? So should it come to me in defensive battles or some conquest when they take my territory (damned renegade officers), I'm about to give it up. It is too rare.

The thing that makes me strange is that the trophy of the artifact has a percentage of about 18%, it is high if we consider that it is a thing to do in hard or chaos plus the luck of having it. So either I'm wrong or I'm very unlucky xD
Maybe you have to finish a hard game and make a new one? (but I'll never make it xD )

Edited by Siriodorione

7 hours ago, Siriodorione said:

I got to turn 120 but didn't have any artifacts. They never gave it to me, I don't even have a purple one. I have half the territories conquered, I can't go further because I have to think about defending mine. It should be random right? So should it come to me in defensive battles or some conquest when they take my territory (damned renegade officers), I'm about to give it up. It is too rare.

The thing that makes me strange is that the trophy of the artifact has a percentage of about 18%, it is high if we consider that it is a thing to do in hard or chaos plus the luck of having it. So either I'm wrong or I'm very unlucky xD
Maybe you have to finish a hard game and make a new one? (but I'll never make it xD )

Are you playing on normal? I had the exact same problem as you and couldn't get an epic item for love or money. 

On the advice of the person above I started up a new campaign with a custom character on hard, got an epic gem after my first battle. Got my epic gem artifact today, from a defence battle, probably played about 10 or so battles in total. Was only level 30 but I'd started my own kingdom and had epic titles equipped. On the battle I got the artifact I'd also changed my unit type to Bandit to acquire more items from each fight, which may help too potentially. 

If you're playing on hard just keep persevering and you'll get there mate! If you're on normal I'm 99% sure you need to bump up to hard on a new campaign to have a chance of getting it. 

Good luck dude! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Murdermanzz said:

Are you playing on normal? I had the exact same problem as you and couldn't get an epic item for love or money. 

On the advice of the person above I started up a new campaign with a custom character on hard, got an epic gem after my first battle. Got my epic gem artifact today, from a defence battle, probably played about 10 or so battles in total. Was only level 30 but I'd started my own kingdom and had epic titles equipped. On the battle I got the artifact I'd also changed my unit type to Bandit to acquire more items from each fight, which may help too potentially. 

If you're playing on hard just keep persevering and you'll get there mate! If you're on normal I'm 99% sure you need to bump up to hard on a new campaign to have a chance of getting it. 

Good luck dude! 

I'm playing "hard", I'm on round 180 and still nothing. I too had a gem immediately but no artifacts. Not even one of purple quality at least to be a bit stronger :(
Now I will try to conquer more territories, I have a wife, I have 3 fraternal ties, I am every month going to talk to those who have an event to see if they give me the artifact but nothing (then I reload the game XD). I'm trying them all.

10 hours ago, Siriodorione said:

I'm playing "hard", I'm on round 180 and still nothing. I too had a gem immediately but no artifacts. Not even one of purple quality at least to be a bit stronger :(
Now I will try to conquer more territories, I have a wife, I have 3 fraternal ties, I am every month going to talk to those who have an event to see if they give me the artifact but nothing (then I reload the game XD). I'm trying them all.

Ah dude that is rough. Keep going though, it must just be an RNG thing! Battles are definitely the way to go, I only got like two legendary items gifted to me from other officers, whereas battles seem to be much more generous with items. 

You got this, keep plugging away and it'll pop up eventually! 

4 minutes ago, Murdermanzz said:

Ah dude that is rough. Keep going though, it must just be an RNG thing! Battles are definitely the way to go, I only got like two legendary items gifted to me from other officers, whereas battles seem to be much more generous with items. 

You got this, keep plugging away and it'll pop up eventually! 

I also equipped the pre-order gem, 35% item drop xD

I hope it arrives sooner or later.

• 2 weeks later...

I now got the platinum in both (did it backwards so couldn't transfer save at all), and I've learned a few things.

I got my first artifact as an officer, turn 75, on a defensive battle, and my second as a ruler, turn 150, on a vanguard defensive battle.

It comes down to 3 things, Difficulty, Title, and type of battle.

1) Difficulty for epic gems & artifacts has to be on Hard or Chaos. I recommend Hard as Chaos difficulty takes FOREVER as enemy officers are giant sponges, specially early on. I also recommend playing the scenario "Gathering of Heroes" if you are focused on going for these two trophies as Musou officers take fairly long to kill even on Hard. Gathering of Heroes is littered with generic officers and its not until the end that it starts to lean more towards Musou characters.

2) Your title is the second most important thing. It needs to be an epic title for any reasonable chance to get an epic artifacts. Epic gems will start dropping pretty rapidly even with a legendary title on. You can get this by maxing out the stat that is most reasonably associated with the officer of choice (Bravery for Lu Bu, Ingenious for Sami Yi, etc.). Once obtained, make sure its equipped.

3) The last important part is type of battle. It seems that defensive battles have a higher chance of giving you artifacts where as offensive battles give secret plans. More specifically, after digging around, it sounds like vanguard defenses (so when a vanguard group appears and attacks your territory) is the best chance, followed by normal defense, followed by offense. I'd recommend conquering 3/4 of the map (leave a corner) and just sit playing defense. If you are ruler, you will not gain ANY territory until you go on the offense, so theoretically, the game could go on forever.

Bonus 4) - For gems - If you have the pre-order bonus gem, it is super helpful, it increases drop rates. You can also use "Bandits" as your units which have a better chance to drop items. With this, basically every officer will drop a gem. Even without, they should drop them FAIRLY frequently as long as you are focused on killing them instead of bases.

Things like turn counter, specific territory, "officer" position, scenario, and sworn sibling/marriage doesn't seem to matter in any way. As those will never give you artifacts.

Hope this helps!

On 9/3/2022 at 10:53 PM, Nameless600 said:

I now got the platinum in both (did it backwards so couldn't transfer save at all), and I've learned a few things.

I got my first artifact as an officer, turn 75, on a defensive battle, and my second as a ruler, turn 150, on a vanguard defensive battle.

1) Difficulty for epic gems & artifacts has to be on Hard or Chaos. I recommend Hard as Chaos difficulty takes FOREVER as enemy officers are giant sponges, specially early on. I also recommend playing the scenario "Gathering of Heroes" if you are focused on going for these two trophies as Musou officers take fairly long to kill even on Hard. Gathering of Heroes is littered with generic officers and its not until the end that it starts to lean more towards Musou characters.

2) Your title is the second most important thing. It needs to be an epic title for any reasonable chance to get an epic artifacts. Epic gems will start dropping pretty rapidly even with a legendary title on. You can get this by maxing out the stat that is most reasonably associated with the officer of choice (Bravery for Lu Bu, Ingenious for Sami Yi, etc.). Once obtained, make sure its equipped.

3) The last important part is type of battle. It seems that defensive battles have a higher chance of giving you artifacts where as offensive battles give secret plans. More specifically, after digging around, it sounds like vanguard defenses (so when a vanguard group appears and attacks your territory) is the best chance, followed by normal defense, followed by offense. I'd recommend conquering 3/4 of the map (leave a corner) and just sit playing defense. If you are ruler, you will not gain ANY territory until you go on the offense, so theoretically, the game could go on forever.

Bonus 4) - For gems - If you have the pre-order bonus gem, it is super helpful, it increases drop rates. You can also use "Bandits" as your units which have a better chance to drop items. With this, basically every officer will drop a gem. Even without, they should drop them FAIRLY frequently as long as you are focused on killing them instead of bases.

Things like turn counter, specific territory, "officer" position, scenario, and sworn sibling/marriage doesn't seem to matter in any way. As those will never give you artifacts.

Hope this helps!

Hello!
Do you have any advice on how to become a "great general"? I read that you need to increase the symbols of the sword and flag, but even having those at level 10 and others below 5, they always promote me to "strategist". 

15 hours ago, Siriodorione said:

Hello!
Do you have any advice on how to become a "great general"? I read that you need to increase the symbols of the sword and flag, but even having those at level 10 and others below 5, they always promote me to "strategist". 

Its funny you say that, i've read online (and experienced myself) that strategist is alot harder to get instead of grand general.

1st step is to make sure you are a "General", you can skip this step if you choose a character that is already a general, however, I did it the long way where I started as an officer on "gathering of heroes". You can become a general by doing the tasks given to you after the war council. You will also want to participate in any battle you are offered. This should come around once your kingdom reaches about 4 territories.

2nd step is to try to get Grand General. I would still continue to do the war council tasks and participate in any battles you are offered. including any defensive ones. Try to focus on officers and having a total victory (i.e. make the enemy troop count down to 0). In any freetime, make sure to talk to your ruler, and get them up to S rank, try to sworn sibling/marriage them as well. I would also try to be friend as many officers as you can. After your kingdom has about 8 territories you should be offered one of the higher positions. If you are offered the strategist just deny the position.

Now, you'll notice that a grand general and strategist positions are given out, but don't panic. You can still become grand general even if someone else has the position. Just keep rolling and about once a year you'll be offered a position, eventually, it should be grand general.

And boom, trophy!

Hope this helps!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nameless600 said:

Its funny you say that, i've read online (and experienced myself) that strategist is alot harder to get instead of grand general.

1st step is to make sure you are a "General", you can skip this step if you choose a character that is already a general, however, I did it the long way where I started as an officer on "gathering of heroes". You can become a general by doing the tasks given to you after the war council. You will also want to participate in any battle you are offered. This should come around once your kingdom reaches about 4 territories.

2nd step is to try to get Grand General. I would still continue to do the war council tasks and participate in any battles you are offered. including any defensive ones. Try to focus on officers and having a total victory (i.e. make the enemy troop count down to 0). In any freetime, make sure to talk to your ruler, and get them up to S rank, try to sworn sibling/marriage them as well. I would also try to be friend as many officers as you can. After your kingdom has about 8 territories you should be offered one of the higher positions. If you are offered the strategist just deny the position.

Now, you'll notice that a grand general and strategist positions are given out, but don't panic. You can still become grand general even if someone else has the position. Just keep rolling and about once a year you'll be offered a position, eventually, it should be grand general.

And boom, trophy!

Hope this helps!

At the moment I have a game in progress where I am about the hundredth month, I only have 5 territories and he has offered me the "strategist" role twice. I'm not winning "0" battles like you told me, I'll try.

How do you start as a general anyway? I always start as an officer. Could you tell me the character and the campaign? The initial options that have "yes" and "no" should I put everything on "no"? After this trophy I will only miss the events, I hope they are easy to do xD 

EDIT: I've done it! Thank you :) 

Edited by Siriodorione

3 hours ago, Siriodorione said:

At the moment I have a game in progress where I am about the hundredth month, I only have 5 territories and he has offered me the "strategist" role twice. I'm not winning "0" battles like you told me, I'll try.

How do you start as a general anyway? I always start as an officer. Could you tell me the character and the campaign? The initial options that have "yes" and "no" should I put everything on "no"? After this trophy I will only miss the events, I hope they are easy to do xD 

EDIT: I've done it! Thank you :) 

Congratz!

The events are super easy

just google the scenarios/events, spam a basic action to make the time pass. Don't invade anyone incase that screws with things, and play the battles, doesn't matter which side your on.

If i remember correctly its.

1) Coalition against Dong Zhou - Be on Dong Zhou, Cao Cao, or Sun Jians army

2) Battle of Guan Du - Be on Yuan Shao or Cao Cao's army

3) Battle of Chibi - Be on Cao Cao, Liu Bei, or Sun Quans army

4) Battle of Wu Zhang Plains (In the "Northern Campaign scenario) - Be on Cao Rui or Liu Shan's army.

Early congratz on the plat!

• Like 1

On 11/3/2022 at 9:05 PM, Nameless600 said:

Congratz!

The events are super easy

just google the scenarios/events, spam a basic action to make the time pass. Don't invade anyone incase that screws with things, and play the battles, doesn't matter which side your on.

If i remember correctly its.

1) Coalition against Dong Zhou - Be on Dong Zhou, Cao Cao, or Sun Jians army

2) Battle of Guan Du - Be on Yuan Shao or Cao Cao's army

3) Battle of Chibi - Be on Cao Cao, Liu Bei, or Sun Quans army

4) Battle of Wu Zhang Plains (In the "Northern Campaign scenario) - Be on Cao Rui or Liu Shan's army.

Early congratz on the plat!

Platinum!
Thank you very much for the advice :) 

On 09/03/2022 at 9:53 PM, Nameless600 said:

Hope this helps!

Is it possible to transfer save data and auto-pop trophies on PS5 if you have the platinum for the PS4 version?

RobOfLeeds.png

1 hour ago, RobOfLeeds said:

Is it possible to transfer save data and auto-pop trophies on PS5 if you have the platinum for the PS4 version?

RobOfLeeds.png

There is an upload/download feature from PS4 to PS5 (you cannot downgrade). But I have no idea on the auto pop, I did it backwards so I had go do the whole thing twice.