Gamefly pc game renting beta

Kirbz

if anybody wants a beta key to this thing http://www.gamefly.com/download-games/ let me know and ill message you a code, since i got 2 of those. also, i believe you need to be a gamefly subscriber in order to use the downloading thing.

so if you would like a beta code message me. first person to message me gets the code.

i just got on this thing, its pretty much like steam, but you can add games to your gamefly gameq, and there are some games you can download and theyre yours to keep, such as assassins creed 1 and saints row 2.

Wait... watching that little promo video it says "All titles, all platforms, instantly on your Mac or PC".

So you can play Uncharted and Little Big Planet 2 on the PC now? :unsure:

meh i dont know. the downloading is very slow, thats all ill tell you. it takes 15 minutes to download a 25 MB game... :\

Far from. It's really a desktop client for GameFly, not a stream service. There are a few games that you can play on PC, such as Prince Of Persia or Assassin's Creed I.

Steer clear of it Dreakon. It's worthless.

Haha, I didn't actually think that you could play PS3 games on the PC. If anything would be capable of that, it would be OnLive... I was more or less pointing out the misleading advertising. :P

• 2 weeks later...

meh i dont know. the downloading is very slow, thats all ill tell you. it takes 15 minutes to download a 25 MB game... :\

Seriously?! Granted you have to purchase games on Steam but a game of that size downloads in a matter of seconds. While cool that I can rent PC titles it seems like it will be a hassle and take a LONG time to download the game.

Seriously?! Granted you have to purchase games on Steam but a game of that size downloads in a matter of seconds. While cool that I can rent PC titles it seems like it will be a hassle and take a LONG time to download the game.

when i first downloaded the steam thing, i saw they had some free games to keep. i thought it was great, so i started to download a 2GB game... it said it would download for 3 days, i ended up uninstalling the steam thing.

torrenting a 2GB game would be faster, as it would be completed in 30 minutes to an hour.

when i first downloaded the steam thing, i saw they had some free games to keep. i thought it was great, so i started to download a 2GB game... it said it would download for 3 days, i ended up uninstalling the steam thing.

torrenting a 2GB game would be faster, as it would be completed in 30 minutes to an hour.

Must be your connection. I download a 2GB game in 10 minutes. By that logic the Gamefly rentals should download quickly for me as well. Jolly good!

Must be your connection. I download a 2GB game in 10 minutes. By that logic the Gamefly rentals should download quickly for me as well. Jolly good!

i dont have the best internet on earth, but im not willing to spend 3 days downloading a 2gb game. every time i try to torrent something that is 2GB, it takes about an hour. for 100MB CD's it takes about 3 minutes.

i dont have the best internet on earth, but im not willing to spend 3 days downloading a 2gb game. every time i try to torrent something that is 2GB, it takes about an hour. for 100MB CD's it takes about 3 minutes.

And that's your choice and I understand why, I wouldn't want to wait half a week for a game to download.