Jelly's Farm Fresh Trophies

Jelly Soup

ZyIKETP.png

I love the original Harvest Moon. I consider it one of the best SNES titles.

Thought about making one of these for a while. What really prompted me was general complaining about the supposed point of them from a few particular users. Some people around here just love making this forum a hostel place to post, so I'm doing my part to contribute something not that to the community. The Checklist board allows for a more hands-on approach to documenting progress outside of the plat & 100% posting threads. Couple years ago I used to keep track of how many games I started and completed every year, but quit for no particular reason.

My general achievement hunting focus is my AGC%. This involves finishing games I've started as the first goal and then playing games I've payed for but never started as a second goal. I see not at least attempting to do either as a form of waste and I dislike waste. I'm also highly susceptible to sunk cost fallacy. Rarity and ranking doesn't bother me much. More something I look at periodically as a kind of novel 'that's neat' statistic. But I do admit it's sometimes nice to see a sudden noticeable jump in rank. Perhaps this will all come together to curb further spending, outside of some long awaited titles and, of course, PSN+.

The main things holding me back from making more consistent progress:

• I hunt on multiple platforms. Normally limited to Steam & PSN, I also have access to XBox & Switch. With the inclusion of the odd RetroAchievements set, my focus is split in several directions at once.
  • Got a kid now. Not a huge distraction as it turns out. We spend time together while I play games and stuff. She seems to like open-world titles, lots of things to look at.
  • Starting a game. Always been a problem with me. Just getting around to pressing start takes some force. To combat this, I sporadically stream. This helps set me on a schedule and puts some time aside specifically to file down the pile. The social aspect of a thread like this will help as well. When I was still actively keeping track of my completion habits, I was much more productive in my gaming.
  • Being an MMO addict. I play several at differing frequencies.
  • Impulse buying from sales. Not just PSN either, my Steam library is a mess. Outside of specific anticipated titles and the occasional $1 bundle, this has calmed down quite a bit over the last year.

I don't know that I want to go through all the rigmarole of adding platinum/100% icons here in the first post, so instead here are my current stats, updated as I remember.

504 Games Played, with an AGC% of 64.44%
258 Game Completed
178 Platinum
76 100%, No Platinum Titles (need to double check math)
5 Platinum, Not 100%
(Last updated 9/24/2023 @ 8:18 AM PST)

Let's see where this takes me.

Edited by Jelly Soup
  • Like 3

33 minutes ago, Aerith Gainsborough said:

Great to see you making a debut on trophy checklist Jelly. So what is your next plan on your platinum hunt? :)

Have a small selections set aside for MidnightDragon's Spring Backlog Challenge next week. Outside of that, I'm right on the edge of my 150th platinum. Initially wanted it to be Sonic Forces, but now I'm eyeing the Dauntless platinum since it went way faster than I thought it would. Would like to try and get my completion rate as close to 75% as possible before the end of August, as my free time is going to start being harshly limited around that time.

3 hours ago, Wild-Arms-R said:

No need to call me out man. 1f605.png

But it’s cool do your thing I won’t judge(in this topic of course.)

I was actually only talking about Spaz, but he has a bloodhound like skill for sniffing out digs against him. So I figured some cheek might be good here. :D

But then you outed yourself there, so:
trapcard-yugioh.gif

Edited by Jelly Soup
  • Like 1

Platinum #150 - Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart

1L5e6600.png

This was a real treat. It was so nice to have another game in this series. The game is beautiful, the OST is magnificent (still think Up Your Arsenal has a better OST, but) and the story was fun. If was a bit bummed that Challenge Mode wasn't required for platinum beyond just getting the final weapon. Story closes out with some interesting implications, really hoping for some follow up DLC or better yet another game. This is one of those series that I will greedily ask for endless iterations and be happy to sit down with them all.

Fun story, I initially got my PS3 and PS4 so as to play the then new or upcoming Ratchet & Clank. I decided that I wasn't going to do that for the PS5. So:

Me: Hey dear, I was able to get a PS5 from that e-mail thing.

Him: Nice. Pick out some games?

Me: They only had a few, so I had to pick from what they had.

Him: Right, right. You didn't want to get the PS5 just for R&C like the previous two systems. So...what game did you get?
Me: Ratchet &.....oh son of a bitch...

I went back and forth on what I wanted to be my 150th platinum. Was going to be Sonic Forces or Dauntless. But I looked at this on the shelve and decided on a whim to finish it off. Hoping for more from this series. Been planning on going back to finish the two games I never got to.

#151 - Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered

1Lc59783.png

&

#152 - Energy Cycle (PS5)

1L567ac3.png

Nothing super duper here, just cashing in some free PS5 upgrade auto-pops I had sitting around. Spider-Man is going to need a little more attention to 100% since there are a few new trophies. This version of Energy Cycle has all the trophies from anything other than puzzle mode. That's a quick way to fix errors, I guess, just remove the most noticeably offending part.

Bunch of junk out of the way, guess I'll start work on that event now.

• 5 weeks later...

#153 - Control (PS5)

1L99c299.png

I had this as a free upgrade, but decided to not auto-pop it. I enjoyed the game enough the first time that I chose to playthrough it again. I forgot how annoying some of the more fiddly trophies are. This game has a problem with suddenly spawning a lot of difficulty mobs all at once in multiple waves......until you need it to do that. Then you're stuck running between rooms and load/reloading until the encounter bongos start playing. Replaying, already knowing the story makes certain things from the first half of the game make more sense and the foreshadowing all the more surprising.

Can't recommend this game enough, the sound direction alone is worth the price of entry.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

#154 (PS4) & #155 (PS5) - Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales

1L954d81.png

More of the same from the main game. And yes I said main game, this is glorified DLC. Side missions are gimmick, combat takes twice as long and the story just isn't interesting. Same music, same map, same everything except with a whinny Spider-Man. If you really liked the combat from the main game, it's still here, just drawn out.

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe I should recopy the posts I make in other threads about game completion and only post here when I have a few saved up.

The Last Tinker: City of Color
La0665f.png

Finished as far of MidnightDragon's Spring 2022 challenge.

Sound design with this one is amazing. The music is much more involved than I was expecting and not a bad track to be found. Obvious amount of care went into placement and theme. Combat is a bit dull and in some places drawn out, but not what I'd call terrible. Only real issue is the visuals. Generally vibrant and pretty, but this comes at the cost of being able to see where the hell I am. Piercing white attacks on a piercing white background wasn't a great idea.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Quick batch update. Last post was in May, since then:

Six platinum trophies

Seaed76.pngS234be6.pngS7c5221.pngSfe5e18.pngSa8861c.pngS90f627.pngSecd80d.pngS7d5204.pngS896c74.png

And one 100% no platinum

S108bf6.png

My time is more limited now than in the last year, so I have to plan out progress. My intention is to participate in a few completion events and see if I can push up that AGC%.

Edited by Jelly Soup
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...

Batch update since last December:

13 Platinum

-Dauntless (PS5)

-Skyrim (PS5)

-Syphon Filter 3

-Omno

-Pinball Heroes (PS4)

-Pinball Heroes (PS5)

-Farming Simulator 17

-Burly Men At Sea

-Beyond Blue

-Deliver Us The Moon

-My Little Pony: A Maretime Bay Adventure (PS4)

-My Little Pony: A Maretime Bay Adventure (PS5)

-Paradise Killer (PS4)

1 100%

-Dauntless (PS4, which doesn't have a platinum)

Edited by Jelly Soup
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So. Hear me out.

:platinum:#178 - Paradise Killer (PS5)

Lafa5ba.png

I couldn't get this fucking game out of my head, so I quickly did the PS5 release as well. Taking it at a sprint, already knowing which talking points are actually are useful for the end trial, the experience was different. Not going at it for hours on end due to OCD fueled with sleep deprivation really helped the ending experience. It's still overly unsatisfying that a final straight answer is more or less us to the players whims, but the epilogue does make up for it. Still tasted sour, but I can live with it. Wouldn't mind a follow up, actually.

A reminder to myself here to look up some speedruns. Having the game fresh in mind, I figured it would be pretty straightforward. But even with all the upgrades (which I got first, this time), it's still a busy map to fill. Trying to remember where easy to miss stuff is and ration out blood crystals until I've got a healthy surplus was a surprising challenge. Even knowing which Shinji I got hung up on finding the first time, I still got hung up finding that specific Shinji the second time. Which was frustrating, I made a point to get it and mixed it up with a different one.

I don't really having anything new or ground breaking to add. Just wanted to make a few extended notes as I finally attempt to purge this game from my short term memory.

• Like 1