Devil May Cry 2 Cheats Help

Xionzenn

Combining the guides and every forum I've read, it's just annoying me. So in short, I'm trying to plat every game on the HD collection, next up is Dmc2, I want to make this plat as fast as humanely possible because its a terrible game but the use of cheats isn't clear to me.

1. Do I need to complete normal mode legitimately before I can make use of the cheats (infinite trigger, unlocking/using trish). 

2. Does me using a PS5 inflict with anything? Because I can't unlock really get the infinite trigger cheat to work even on Chinese traditional, I'm doing this on my first playthrough as well which reverts back to question 1. 

3. I can unlock all costumes now, but and mission select missions I've done (only went far as mission 4). So does this mean I can enable the other cheats?

4. For the Infinite Devil Trigger cheat, the cursor keeps moving, do I need to hear a sound even if it takes me to the loading screen to safely assume it works? This is the only code that's not really giving me the sound. 

If anyone can advise what order I can take with the use of cheats then I'll appreciate it, because I'm confused..

Edited by Xionzenn
Missed out

You'd think being someone who actually likes DMC2 I'd know this, but surprisingly I do not. lol

Only thing I could find on the Unlimited Devil Trigger is from the wiki, which states;
"In the 2018 HD Collection (PS4/Xbox One/PC) version, this code can be used if any option other than English or Japanese is selected in HDC language settings"

I'd assume you've likely already seen this, and it doesn't really sound like it'll be of much help based on what you said, but just in case... Kind of curious myself now, ngl. :P

Edited by Zephrese

I've already applied multiple languages, even on the current one I'm using (English UK), the codes appear to work except the infinite trigger for me. All I want to know is do I need to complete a regular playthrough on normal first before everything is used in effect. So nope, it didn't help but appreciate the effort. 

I got this plat in PS3 but I forgot, but what I remember is I played more playthrougs than I needed to because I didn't know how to go about using the cheats. It's even more confusing when you have two different players to go through.

So I got this game platinum last night, with the Infinite Trigger on BP. (I got an US copy) How I got this:

1.Finish the game on Must Die Mode. 

2. Change your system language to French(I had mine on Dutch, but apparently only French works for this)

3. Load the game, select Trish

4. Hop over to BP mode, and hold all triggers. (L1,R1,L2,R2) Now press and Hold X. BP will start, now keep holding until you hear the Devil Trigger sound. 
5. Now you got Infinite Trigger with Trish. 

Hope this helped!

• Like 3

Thank you, I was hoping I wouldn't need to finish the game on Must Die without cheats but that's fine. I'll most likely skip Hard and go straight onto Must Die, thank you for clearing it up. There was so much confusion..

• Like 1