Question about the collectibles

Hey guys, I hope there's someone out here who can help me out with some info. I'm a little confused on when exactly I can start cleaning up the collectibles in this game. In the first game we could go just to chapter select to clean collectibles of. But since this is an open world with a New Game+ option I was wondering when the best moment to clean up everything is. Is there a free roam after the final boss or is my only option after clearing the campaign to straigth to New Game+? I'm currently on my first playthough on normal and I would really like to clean everything up right now if possible. But I don't know when the best time to do so would be. Anybody able to provide some info here?

Thank you very much. That surely helps a lot. Yeah, I would definitely like to master my weapons in this run because trying to focus on mastery when fighting on the highest difficulty is something that would drive me crazy I think.^^

Btw, I've got another question. I've read somewhere that to get 110% I have to collect everything in the game. Like those scrolls and whatnot, which is a lot more than in the first game. But in the first game you could only get 110% after clearing everything on Paladdin difficulty meaning only after the second run. Can I get 110% in my first normal run or not? If yes, what would be necessary before moving on to Prince of Darkness difficulty?

7 minutes ago, EthereallSun said:

you can be able to get 110% in 1 playthrough by doing challenges on an easier difficulty however since the plat requires you do to them on P.O.D. difficulty might as well wait till after your second playthrough.

Thank you for the info. Unfortunally that's terrible news for me as I really don't like doing collectible runs on a high difficulty. I'm currently doing my collectibles now after clearing the game on normal and that's already a drag as the enemy design is not really well done in this game. Guess I will have to do the challenges twice then. :(

Sorry for the doulbe post. Got another question. I'm halfway through cleaning up my collectibles in my free roam on normal difficulty. I decided to find all collectibles possible now but not purchase the gems and artwork from the shop in this playthrough. My question would be if I can get those in the Chupacabras shop on my New Game+ playthroug or do they have to be bought now?

In case you wonder why I would do this. It's kind of a silly reason really. I tend to take a video of when I unlock my final trophy and the platinum. Usually I keep my final trophy something easy where I can determine exactly when I unlock it. And I would like to keep it that way because except for the collectibles trophies the only other trophy likely to be my final one is the one for beating the challenges on PoD difficulty trophy. And that one will take a lot of retries which I really don't want to hold down on camera.^^'