Can you use chapter select to collect lives?

CyberLance

Im having an extremely hard time beating the quick time event levels on hard so im wondering is it possible to replay a chapter with an extra life over and over to get more lifes so i can make the quick time events easier?

In some games with chapter select if you go back to a previous chapter everything goes back to the way it was when you played it so if its like that on this game it wont save the lifes for me when i go back to the level im stuck on.

Also the trophy for beating the game on hard is apparantly buggy so im worried that if i use chapter select i wont be able to get the trophy when i beat the game so im not sure if i should use it or not.

• 3 weeks later...

I don’t think you can use chapter select to pick up crucifixes… unless you play from that point back up to where you were when you got stuck. But no I don’t think you can farm the same crucifix over and over. I just finished on hard after using chapter select quite a bit and neither the hard trophy or the tarot card trophy popped for me, so I recommend avoiding chapter select if possible.