Co-op question - How to ensure all teammates receive trophies?

dieselmanchild

Hi. I’m hoping that anyone with experience playing this game in multiplayer and with friends could answer a few questions. ?

The guide recommends playing in co-op but isn’t very clear on how the trophies actually work when playing in multiplayer, it merely states that only the host player will receive the trophy for beating the campaign after killing the final boss.

In order to get around this do you simply have to swap hosts and replay the last chapter again to get the trophy, or is an entire playthrough required after swapping hosts?

I’m also wondering about all the other trophies related to story situations, collectibles, miscellaneous actions etc. Is the progress towards these achievements shared and these trophies will unlock for both players?

Thanks!

• Like 1

Yep only host got the campaign trophy when I played with a friend. You only have to replay chapter 9, assuming you both have played chapter 1-8. I joined a lobby on chapter 9 while i had only beaten the first 5 chapter and i was hoping to get the chapter 9 trophy but i didn't. So you can't cheese it since you need to have done all prior 8 chapters before you get the trophies for beating the campaign.

Some chapter specific trophies also only unlocked for host, but all those are easy to replay in case someone does not get it. Trials and challenges trophies will for sure be awarded to all players. But a lot of them are easier on your own. With the exception of the 3 challenges that have 20 waves of enemies.  

Tip: rush through campaign on bananas asap so you can do chapter specifics easier with immortality and 300% speed. Do chapter 1-7 on normal to get the Wuxia Robe (Gives you 20% movement speed, best robe in the main game, some DLC robes are better but not needed) and when you have Wuxia robe you should start Bananas. You can also join randoms for Bananas trophy. A lot of veterans still play the game and can carry entire teams.

Helpful link: http://undeniable.info/magicka2/UnlockLocations.php

Edited by Quink666
  • Like 3

Ok, that doesn’t sound too bad, replaying the final chapter shouldn’t be a problem. I am wanting to run through this game with a friend and I think we were planning on doing 2 runs, one on Normal and then Bananas. I don’t even think about playing with randoms but that sounds great, perhaps we can link up with a couple more players for our Bananas run. 

Thanks for that extra information + the link, that looks super helpful! I’ll be looking out closely for those Wuxia robes. ?

edit: it’s official, Wuxia robes are the tits

Edited by dieselmanchild
  • Like 1