Crushing difficulty and checking chapters in the menu

djippps

Hello everyone, 

I am encountering a really weird issue. I am in my third playthrough (the first was on medium and full, the second one was on explorer and I went till the beginning of chapter 5 for “the way of the warrior”), which is my crushing playthrough using perks like golden weapons and infinite ammo. 

•  I am currently in chapter 7
  • I have never changed in the options (pause menu) the level of difficulty. It always give “crushing” if I am checking there.
  • Now is the issue: As in all Uncharted games, I am used to check in the main menu (“chapter select”) the maximum level of difficulty reached for each chapter. I have “crushing” for prologue, chapters 1-4 but only “medium” for chapters 5-6. ?

Have I done something wrong? Is that only a minor standard screening bug in the menu or is it going to block the trophy?

Of course, I am not so far of the end of the game but always better to know if I will have to go for run #4 or replay chapters.

PS: @MECHnation are you aware of that? (You get a ping as guide writor, I thought you could interested in the subject?)

Just a short update if someone encountered the same issue. 

I finished my run on Crushing. As weird as hell : 

- Chapters 1 to 4  were validated on crushing difficulty

- Chapters 5 and 6 were validated on medium difficulty

- Chapters 7 to the end were validated on crushing difficulty

This is definitely absurd, but I just have a priori to replay only two chapters in the game and they are definitely not the hardest, so I should be fine. 

As I said in the previous message, I only used perks and infinite ammo but never changed the difficulty. 

Edited by djippps

• 1 year later...

As a general rule I would recommend always to start a new game save and go to the end for the difficulty trophies like "Hard/Brutal/Crushing" and never chapter select on any game that allows this, it will help with not glitching out and having to do additional runs.

• 1 month later...
33 minutes ago, deldoomgun said:

This is definitely the easiest Uncharted game to be completed on Crushing due to the new Auto Aim options under Accessibilities. Silenced Pistol + Auto Aim makes every combat encounter a joke.

love the one shot headshots with aimbot

• Like 1