Tips and Thoughts on the Platinum After Just Finishing

cobaltTangerine

Very easy Platinum, though some grinding for the crystals is required, as you get to a point where you realize this is a numbers and perks rather than a skill game in terms of difficulty. The DLC makes the game much easier, as you have 3 rather than 2 perks to choose from, as well as a number of the most important perks in the game. The epic weapons that come with the DLC are powerful, are not necessary and really don't drop that often. Maybe one every 3ish rounds. Spend your crystals on the teleport and perk shuffle first. You can farm the 100 crystal epic perk (from the DLC) very easily and is by far the most effective way to farm the crystals once you upgrade the shuffle and epic perk chance. I got all the epic perk upgrades as well and essentially went the crystal grind OP route. Before I got the DLC, I farmed crystals by setting my console clock ahead and doing the daily challenges. You can have 6 at a time. The regenerating shield perk is incredibly helpful on the high difficulty, as well as health regen. After that, just go for damage output. The UZI and grenade launcher were my go to weapons. If you like twin stick arena shooters with some rogue lite elements, grab this one on sale, as it is a well made game and an easy Platinum. It can get repetitive and really doesn't have much replay value outside of the 7ish hours it takes to Platinum. But well made and worth the $8 with the DLC if you get it on sale.

Edited by cobaltTangerine
  • Like 1

• 10 months later...

I wouldn't say this is very easy platinum that gives people the wrong impression going into the game. takes some skill, mastering game mechanics, persistence and grind time especially if you don't buy the DLC. Then it's more a 4 / 10 difficulty.

That said the DLC is highly recommended to buy as it makes the game much easier. Probably drops it down to 3/10. With new weapons, BFGs, epic perks it brings to the RNG pool.

Once you have the DLC you just need to keep replaying levels until the RNG is kind then it becomes easy. But this requires persistence and could take 3 or 4 goes on eldritch difficulty. Even when RNG works for you, you can still die pretty quickly if you are unlucky. The early difficulties are a cake walk however.

Edited by SlippingJimy
  • Like 1

On 2/23/2023 at 6:07 PM, SlippingJimy said:

I wouldn't say this is very easy platinum that gives people the wrong impression going into the game. takes some skill, mastering game mechanics, persistence and grind time especially if you don't buy the DLC. Then it's more a 4 / 10 difficulty.

That said the DLC is highly recommended to buy as it makes the game much easier. Probably drops it down to 3/10. With new weapons, BFGs, epic perks it brings to the RNG pool.

Once you have the DLC you just need to keep replaying levels until the RNG is kind then it becomes easy. But this requires persistence and could take 3 or 4 goes on eldritch difficulty. Even when RNG works for you, you can still die pretty quickly if you are unlucky. The early difficulties are a cake walk however.

I posted a few tips on how to grab the Platinum as efficiently as possible after I finished the game. With the DLC, it was a breeze and made it much easier.

Edited by cobaltTangerine