Challenge Mode

• 1 month later...
On 4/9/2022 at 1:53 PM, Sicho said:

Holy Moly, I am really struggling with Challenge Mode, even with the very first challenge.

Are there any good Challenge Mode guides out there? I don't seem to be able to find any :(

I am quite late to your question, and as far as I could find there are no guides online. Although, if you are still struggeling, I can give you pointers as I finished them all now. Which ones do you need help with?

• 2 months later...
On 27-5-2022 at 8:59 AM, SacredSerenity said:

I am quite late to your question, and as far as I could find there are no guides online. Although, if you are still struggeling, I can give you pointers as I finished them all now. Which ones do you need help with?

do you maybe have some pointers for the unsuitable terroir challenge? I tried several strategies (improving production in the hopes of getting better quality, but i end up going bankrupt bc the wines keep being of very poor quality and won't sell; versus uprooting the vineyards and planting suitable grapes, which also results in bankruptcy bc of how expensive that process is and the other wines don't sell well enough to fund it). not sure what else to try ? i did manage to complete the other challenges ??

15 hours ago, nycxi said:

do you maybe have some pointers for the unsuitable terroir challenge? I tried several strategies (improving production in the hopes of getting better quality, but i end up going bankrupt bc the wines keep being of very poor quality and won't sell; versus uprooting the vineyards and planting suitable grapes, which also results in bankruptcy bc of how expensive that process is and the other wines don't sell well enough to fund it). not sure what else to try 1f914.png i did manage to complete the other challenges 1f4aa-1f3fc.png

Well done on finishing the other challenges!

What worked best for me with unsuitable terroir was to uproot two vinyards immediatly (or if you start mid season, after the first harvest) and as soon as they make money, uproot the rest. Take the maximum loan you can support to do this, and do not spend money on too many upgrades just yet.

It took me 2 or 3 times playing the first few years, but eventually got it quite comfortably!

• Like 1

On 29-7-2022 at 2:58 PM, SacredSerenity said:

Well done on finishing the other challenges!

What worked best for me with unsuitable terroir was to uproot two vinyards immediatly (or if you start mid season, after the first harvest) and as soon as they make money, uproot the rest. Take the maximum loan you can support to do this, and do not spend money on too many upgrades just yet.

It took me 2 or 3 times playing the first few years, but eventually got it quite comfortably!

i finished it ?????? thanks for the advice!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 11/30/2022 at 7:35 PM, blondieFost85 said:

Does anyone have any tops for the Master Winemaker challenge?

Master Winemaker (400 turns)
Objectives

€300,000

Barbera 75+

Chardonnay 75+

Nebbiolo 75+

Dolcetto 75+

Arneis 75+

Cortese 75+

Get yourself on solid footing and make money. Your goal is to balance making money with 2 solid wine varieties and invest in what you need to experiment with a third or fourth in the early mid game.

Do you have your starter set up tactics laid out?

I remember focussing om getting 2 excellent wines as soon as possible, all while keeping loans, though never with a too high interest rate.

I remember spending my first money a second tank, and only a barrel for the second harvest.

I remember keeping notes om what fields I needed for what wines, and am not afraid to uproot later for higher quality. Also, I only sell to highest profit per bottle.

Because you are on a time limit, I think I only worked with 3 or 4 wines at a time. Once I reached the 75 mark I'd plan out which wine I needed and then uproot the best field.

Hope this helps!

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/12/2022 at 8:06 PM, SacredSerenity said:

Master Winemaker (400 turns)
Objectives

€300,000

Barbera 75+

Chardonnay 75+

Nebbiolo 75+

Dolcetto 75+

Arneis 75+

Cortese 75+

Get yourself on solid footing and make money. Your goal is to balance making money with 2 solid wine varieties and invest in what you need to experiment with a third or fourth in the early mid game.

Do you have your starter set up tactics laid out?

I remember focussing om getting 2 excellent wines as soon as possible, all while keeping loans, though never with a too high interest rate.

I remember spending my first money a second tank, and only a barrel for the second harvest.

I remember keeping notes om what fields I needed for what wines, and am not afraid to uproot later for higher quality. Also, I only sell to highest profit per bottle.

Because you are on a time limit, I think I only worked with 3 or 4 wines at a time. Once I reached the 75 mark I'd plan out which wine I needed and then uproot the best field.

Hope this helps!

Thank you so much for all your help in getting this trophy.

I would additionally add to this that it is key to upgrade the warehouse with the guided tours and wine tasting to help build your money.  Don't be afraid to afraid to invest and buy the Castelletto field for Cortese otherwise you will be wasting time trying to get it to 75+ on any other field. ?

• Like 2