Some Helpful Tips, Drop & Trophy Information

I was waiting for the game since the day its Twitter account opened with a little info that didn't even show the art, yet due too many figure pre-orders I had to delay it. Today, I've recieved a sad new, my swimsuit Lila goddess delayed to April, but as always there tends to be a bright side to things, and I immediately realized this meant I could already get the game I was looking forward to so much~

I've done some illustration drop fragment testing on the levels, I was doing it for myself as I just like to test this kind of stuff, so It might be messy as I switched levels a lot, but still you can ignore when I say I switched and just see the info by the level as a whole.

The first digit is the stage number (1 being Fin Fantasy, 2 Sugar Sports, 3 Gothic Nightmare and the last 3 are fixed) the second digit is the difficulty and the third the risk rate. so 5-5-1 is Monster Crysis on Extreme with Risk Rate 1.

On the third stage I also added the treasure drops, which are between parentheses.

I haven't noticed any difference in illustration fragment drops neither by difficulty or risk rate, so as the game says, it might only affect treasure. But I've noticed a difference between the first stage and the rest, so maybe higher stages have lower drop rate.

Here's the table:

1. Illustration Fragment Drops:

Spoiler

1-5-5
Difficulty: 5
Risk Ratte: 5
Stage 1 Image Fragments Drop: 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3 <Switch to 1-2-5>, 0 <Switch to 2-2-5>

1-2-5
Difficulty: 2
Stage 1 Image Fragments Drop: 3, 3, 2, 3, 1, 0, 0, 0* <Switch to 1-5-5>

*Got that 1 and subsequent 0 since that was the last fragment.

2-2-5
Stage 2 Image Fragments Drop: 3, 1, 3, 0, <Switch to 3-2-1> 0, 2, 1, 0, 3, 1 <Switch to 6-5-5>

2-5-5
Stage 2 Image Fragments Drop: 1, 2, 0, 1, 1, 2, 3 <Switch to 2-2-5>

3-2-1
Risk Ratte: 1
Stage 3 Image Fragments Drop: 1 (4), 3 (5), 2 (2) <Switch to 3-2-5>

3-2-5
Stage 3 Image Fragments Drop: 3 (5), 0 (3), 2 (4), 2 (5) <Switch to 5-5-1>, 2, 3, 2 <Switch to 2-5-5>

5-5-1
Risk Ratte: 1
Stage 5 Image Fragments Drop: 2, <Switch to 5-2-5>

5-2-5
Stage 5 Image Fragments Drop: 3, 1, 0, 2, 1 <Switch to 6-2-5>

6-2-5
Stage 6 Image Fragments Drop: 1, 3, 1 <Switch to 3-2-5>

6-5-5
Stage 6 Image Fragments Drop: 3, 0, 2, 2

And here are my own tips which I've collected from playing for a day, so I'm not an expert on the game but I've played a lot and learned a few things so they might be helpful:

2. Characters and Mechanics:

Kicks

Use the kicks, get used to them from the start. Fully charged for certain boss stages and high HP enemies (pumpkins, cars...) or just pressing the button to move to the closest enemy when you need to avoid some bullets if you got in a bad situation.

Elma has the strongest ones, they also deal so much damage to bosses while avoiding the bullets. For instance, for the first boss third phase, you can deal so much damage to her while avoiding all the barrages by using them. I also like to abuse Elma's kicks on the second stage slime boss second phase to finish it quickly, really useful on difficulty 5, on lower ones it's easy to avoid them normally but still faster with her kicks.

Kanna

If you need a heal, use the breath with Kanna, she won't do much damage but will heal all characters for quite a bit. You must assess if that extra heal will translate to more damage with the other characters instead of using their breath.

Also I love how each of the 3 characters compliment each other so well. Kanna has great homing bullets, but these are a bit weak at lower 'Dragon Jewel' level, so when there's many enemies, or stronger ones appear, they might take time to die or leave without dying, wasting a potential drop and ending your chain. She also has a has a shield that not only protect us from some bullet, but they also become our own and fly back at enemies. The feathers that she releases while shooting do this when they touch enemy bullets. Be aware Kanna has the lowest HP while Tohru the higher one.

Tohru

Tohru has the most concentrated fire, plus little homing bullets, but you'll have a hard time trying to kill all enemies on screen with it when there's so many of them unless you memorize where every enemy appears, and even so it's always better to use the most fit character for the situation. She also has the highest HP.

Elma

Elma's bullets spread across all the screen and have a decent damage, yet since they're so spread, especially at lower 'Dragon Jewel' level even weak enemies might flee sometimes, but she also has two blue sigils -more with higher Dragon Jewel level' that damage enemies when they're touching them, and you can switch their position every time you press the shooting button. She shines the brightest when you use her kicks. So you'll be switching a lot between all of them during the stage to keep the chain going and using the best suited to deal with each enemy and situation, it adds so much fun to the game.

Also you can check the Memoria Pieces as it will tell you in which stage each illustration drops.

Point System:

I'll add this in a bit.

3. Trophies

I didn't intend to make a guide, at first I was just going to add the drop information, but I'm having so much fun playing and testing stuff for the game and I kept adding more stuff here that people might find useful. Not gonna add all the trophies since most of them are straightforward, but just the ones that I have tips or notes that might be useful.

Wholehearted Thought Trophy:

You can use the restart for this and it will count.

I beat the game using Elma alone, but by the wording of the trophy "Clear the game without switching members" instead of "Clear the game using only one character" it might mean you can use the others when one dies as long as you don't switch them yourself by pressing square. If you're having trouble you might want to try this first, I'll test it in another account to confirm if this is how it works.

4. In-game Tips

I've compiled the tips the game gives, most of them super obvious, but since sometimes they're gone before you can read them, here's all of them:

Spoiler

• Characters on standby will recover some HP.
  • Complete each stage's conditions to collect treasure, which you can read about after collecting them.
  • Defeat enemies to fill the Dragon Jewel. Reach 100% to level up and get a power increase.
  • Fill the bottom right D Gauge to launch a powerful Choro-gon☆Breath attack.
  • Increasing the Risk Rate increases score and treasure drops, but you'll take more damage from hits.
  • Hitting the Striking Blow button will cause you to approach the nearest enemy for an automatic attack.
  • Pieces will drop while playing. Collect them to complete illustrations which you can view from the menu.
  • The attack will become even stronger by holding the button.
  • Tohru, Kanna, and Elma each have unique shots.
  • You can switch between characters at any time. However, you cannot switch to a character whose HP has reached 0.

I hope this helps in unlocking all the cute, sexy and busty art by Coolkyousinnjya-sensei, which you might have seen most of it if you follow the manga and magazine, but they're still so fun to collect~

Most of this information was just me writing it down in a word  as it came from my head, the whole kicks and characters was a single paragraph, and I've separated it by characters and category after I made this post, so sorry if it's messy.

Edited by YonahFuriae
  • Like 2

Thanks for the tips! I've got the physical copy on its way to me and I'll be sure to revisit this thread when I start playing it. I'm not very experienced with shumps, so I'm sure it'll be helpful. ? I finally got around to watching the anime and I love it. Looking forward to playing this even despite not really being into the genre.

P.S. I love that Lila figure. ? Shame about the delay, but it'll be well worth the wait!

• Like 1

Thanks! Yeah it will be, and I better start saving because starting July up to the end of the year I have Nagatoro, Jahy, Lila, and two breathtaking Ryza figures po's that I don't know how I'll pay unless I stop getting games, haha. Another one I couldn't get on release is Fatal Frame or Kimetsu no Yaiba, but I'll take this chance to play pending games I already have while saving for the figures~ This was the last they opened for pre-order which I was waiting since the garage-kit, yet since I have the rest pre-ordered already there is no way I can get it releasing on July, and it's one of the sexiest  most well sculpted figures I've seen. They need to stop releasing Ryza figures because I can't resist any of them, they do know how to recreate her thicc body and beautiful feet to perfection.

About the game I've always loved shmups, I think for similar reasons that Japanese 2D fighting games are among my favourite genres. The art and backgrounds are so colourful and pretty, and the music is usually great too, plus being arcade games you're playing and having fun from the start. For hardcore players of the genre they also have very deep mechanics, especially with the score system in the case of the shmups or the combos, frames and mechanics in fighting games.

This one is very easy for a shmup, Cave ones achievement lists on 360 were the tougher where you had to do the 1CC (1 Clear Continue) and they're the real bullet hell. With this one you can even relax while you play, haha. I still need to find out how to get the remaining endings, haven't checked the trophies yet, I will once I unlock all the gallery and don't know what to do from there. If I discover how I'll post the ending conditions in the main post. I've tried choosing a different stage order but didn't change a thing.

• Like 1