Character Space Mission bug

The details are in the video description.

3:47 - 5:00 Right now the game is unplayable. While in space battles, (with red circles) I can shoot every enemy ship no problem. The issues starts with character missions where I have to protect some kind of ship. I can't lock on anything, it's like I'm not even in a fight. It started with gonk mission on Mustafar (I think) and now it happens with each and every one of them.

4:50 You can clearly see, I can't shoot anything.

PS5, tried rebuilding database, clearing cache, changing planets and ships. I've got the latest patch installed, and I think it started happening after I got it.

• Like 1

OK, it took me around 2h to figure that one out.
As the last resort I completed free play mission "The High Ground" and after it, while in space, changed my character to C3PO. I thought "Wait, shouldn't I start this character (Gonk Droid) mission with translator character?". As a matter of fact, yes, I should. For some reason I could start it with any character, but the space fights during the mission worked ONLY when I started the quest with threepio.

So that's that, if anyone's got the same problem, try my solution - just change your character to translator (yellow)

Devs, please patch your game.

• Like 1

No I expect it is more to do with if you are using an empire character you can't target Tie Fighters/empire characters etc and the other way round, if you were using a Rebel character it wouldn't target X-wings/rebel characters. Had this issue today with a mission and it was because I was trying to shoot tie fighters while I was Darth Vader as soon as I changed to a Jedi I could target them again.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Blurrkup said:

No I expect it is more to do with if you are using an empire character you can't target Tie Fighters/empire characters etc and the other way round, if you were using a Rebel character it wouldn't target X-wings/rebel characters. Had this issue today with a mission and it was because I was trying to shoot tie fighters while I was Darth Vader as soon as I changed to a Jedi I could target them again.

I was playing as Vader, then as Skywalker (jedi) and then changed to C3PO.

Probably you're right, nonetheless, switching to threepio is working as well.

Anyhoo, devs should fix that, or at least inform that this exists, and you can't target the same fraction ships

On 4/17/2022 at 10:35 AM, PlatinumLeznis said:

I was playing as Vader, then as Skywalker (jedi) and then changed to C3PO.

Probably you're right, nonetheless, switching to threepio is working as well.

Anyhoo, devs should fix that, or at least inform that this exists, and you can't target the same fraction ships

You could try to buy/turn on the cheat that makes every character a universal translator.  It might solve this issue too.

I had a similar issue in the space fights for a couple of them. I have the universal translator bro k so that didn’t make it better.

all I did was shoot the ships anyway, just with out the targets. You can actually do this, it’s just a pain trying to find them, but you can wait and watch for their laser shots and follow it back. I cleared the mission by doing this, shooting the enemy ships without any targeting. Painful but doable.