Any tips for 300-hit combo (コンボマスター)?

Been trying to get the 300-hit combo trophy for a while now to no avail. For the most part, I'm generally too strong at any given moment to actually drag out a battle to get this many hits in (my full-battle combos usually top out at around 100-140 hits) and while I've found that the metal dogoo boss at F40 of Neptral Tower can tank hits long enough for me to theoretically get 300 hits, my combo usually ends up dropping either because the dogoo managed to get a hit in on one of my close-range attackers (Ram/Noire) or even for seemingly no reason at all while I'm currently hitting the boss (in which case the combo usually just magically resets to 1 hit at the end of the attack).

My setup so far for this is as such...

Ram: 16-hit orb attack (Rush)

Noire: 9-hit slash attack (Rush)

Rom: 6-hit tornado attack (Rush)

All equipped with the worst weapons possible to keep their ATK/INT low and all given discs with the Combo Loop property so they don't have to do a starter attack every three moves.

Not really sure what else I can do at this point unless there's an even better tanky boss up ahead that flinches easier. If anyone has managed this trophy, I'd appreciate some advice on it, particularly if you've managed it at Level 99 (I've been mostly rushing through Neptral Tower up to this point to specifically avoid the nightmare scenario of overpowering everything in the game that is even remotely possible to obtain this on and thus having to start the game over from New Game just for this).

Edited by Walt the Dog

Got the trophy just now and it turns out that Training mode works for this, completely eliminating the need to pace your levels since training mode dummies are effectively invulnerable (when they hit 0 HP, they just stay there until the current combo is broken).

Edited by Walt the Dog
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...

Thanks for the tip, really helped me for both the combo and chain trophies! I used Rom, Ram and Shanghai Alice against the first Deity of Sin Arfoire (the level 999999 one), spamming their Rush attacks with most hits and switching when low on AP. Actually keeping up the combo was harder than I expected but I managed in the end!