Tier 3 Race in Torgues Campaign of Carnage DLC

caasuaI_

I cannot do this can anyone please do this for me I wouldn't normally ask this but the race is really peeing me off. 

My PSN is zJoee_x add me with BL2 or reply to this if you can help!

I have now done this thank's to ringtonwhaledog :D

Edited by zJoee_x

For anyone else that's having trouble with this mission, here's a quick tutorial. This can be done either solo or with a friend:

Solo method:

Before going for the tier 3 race, I advise you to get the Afterburner relic. It's a reward from the Positive Self Image side quest (becomes available from Ellie after you unlock the Bandit vehicle for the story-mission A Damn Fine Rescue). This relic increases the duration and recharge rate of your turbo boost, while decreasing the recharge delay. Use the Light Runner vehicle, because it's faster but when you collide with an obstacle it's easier to lose control and it takes longer to recover from the crash (especially when using turbo). To quickly complete a lap, you have to use the ramps. Here's a video with the short cuts. Please note that checkpoint #2 is actually beneath the highway, but still counts.

Co-op method:

This method doesn't requires the Afterburner relic, but it's advised. When in co-op player 1 waits at the start while player 2 goes to checkpoint #4 (the one before the finish). Player 1 drives from the start all the way up to checkpoint #3 (the one before the second ramp in the above video). After that player 2 starts from checkpoint #4 and goes to the finish line (= checkpoint #5), starts lap 2 and continues to checkpoint #3. Meanwhile Player 1 has been waiting at checkpoint #4 and drives to the finish line, thus completing the mission. The reason I advise to wait at checkpoint #4 is because there's a big distance between #3 and #4 (bigger than between any other checkpoint).

• Like 1

For anyone else that's having trouble with this mission, here's a quick tutorial. This can be done either solo or with a friend:

Solo method:

Before going for the tier 3 race, I advise you to get the Afterburner relic. It's a reward from the Positive Self Image side quest (becomes available from Ellie after you unlock the Bandit vehicle for the story-mission A Damn Fine Rescue). This relic increases the duration and recharge rate of your turbo boost, while decreasing the recharge delay. Use the Light Runner vehicle, because it's faster but when you collide with an obstacle it's easier to lose control and it takes longer to recover from the crash (especially when using turbo). To quickly complete a lap, you have to use the ramps. Here's a video with the short cuts. Please note that checkpoint #2 is actually beneath the highway, but still counts.

Co-op method:

This method doesn't requires the Afterburner relic, but it's advised. When in co-op player 1 waits at the start while player 2 goes to checkpoint #4 (the one before the finish). Player 1 drives from the start all the way up to checkpoint #3 (the one before the second ramp in the above video). After that player 2 starts from checkpoint #4 and goes to the finish line (= checkpoint #5), starts lap 2 and continues to checkpoint #3. Meanwhile Player 1 has been waiting at checkpoint #4 and drives to the finish line, thus completing the mission. The reason I advise to wait at checkpoint #4 is because there's a big distance between #3 and #4 (bigger than between any other checkpoint).

Yeah I used the co-op method :D We had plenty of extra time, they made that a little bit too hard (tier 3) without using an exploit.

Yeah I used the co-op method :D We had plenty of extra time, they made that a little bit too hard (tier 3) without using an exploit.

I did this solo with 2 controllers. Just set your second guy up before the 4th gate pointed towards the finish (it's almost a straight shot). Do 1 1/2 laps with 1 controller 1 (main character) and as soon as u go through the 3rd gate pick up the second controller and boost through the 4th gate all the way to the finish. I've done this several times and u usually end up with 15-20 seconds left on the clock on their 3.

I did this solo with 2 controllers. Just set your second guy up before the 4th gate pointed towards the finish (it's almost a straight shot). Do 1 1/2 laps with 1 controller 1 (main character) and as soon as u go through the 3rd gate pick up the second controller and boost through the 4th gate all the way to the finish. I've done this several times and u usually end up with 15-20 seconds left on the clock on their 3.

I didn't really know the method but rington did :) Did you plat BL2 yet?

Yeah great game! I'm gonna buy BL1 at some point probably at same time as my friend so we can play through again. I really am hoping for BL3 on PS4!!

Playing BL1 through start to finish with someone is a great time. Gameplay is a little better in BL1 but the weapons and storyline are a little better in BL2. BL3 on PS4 is a MUST!!!!!!!! I hope!