Bull Fighter Trophy explanation

I know not many people play this game anymore, but I had trouble getting this trophy so I wanted to share how to get it. 

The trophy reads "Inflicted critical counter-attack damage at least 10 times in Versus Mode or Online Mode."

This is a mistranslation and/or a lie. I spent hours just doing critical counter attacks in versus mode. I did it in 1 v 1, 3 v 3, all in one sitting, all with follow up combos over 10+ hits, etc. I could not get the trophy and thought it may be bugged. Then I looked up some random XBOX forum where a player said they got it by countering a critical counter, meaning hitting someone after they have triggered a critical counter on you. I tried this with two controllers in versus, and got it immediately after the match. The trophy description is therefore just wrong. I hope this helps someone with this game.

TL;DR: Ignore the trophy description. Hit someone after they critical counter you in versus and you will get the trophy. At least that's how I got it after not getting it following the description.

• 1 month later...

I actually happen to be playing this as I finally got it again almost a decade later, and it seems a lot of the descriptions are misleading or mistranslated. I can’t even pop the simple ones like KOing every character with X character, do you have any advice for those trophies?

14 minutes ago, PolloPawer said:

I actually happen to be playing this as I finally got it again almost a decade later, and it seems a lot of the descriptions are misleading or mistranslated. I can’t even pop the simple ones like KOing every character with X character, do you have any advice for those trophies?

For the character trophies, you have to beat arcade mode with a character without dying and without using another character. That one confused me for a while. Always have the character you want first, and if you die restart. Basically, you need a perfect arcade run with each fighter where they KO everyone. Time does not matter. 

For the all characters trophy, of course it is referring to something else entirely. For that trophy, you have to KO every character with every character. In other words, each character has to KO the entire roster in arcade mode. This is cumulative, so it can be done in multiple runs. I created a spreadsheet to keep track of who I KO'd, otherwise it can get confusing. 

Let me know if you need any other clarifications. The trophy descriptions caused me a lot of headaches, but once I figured out the real requirements I did not run into any bugged trophies.

• Like 1

On 6/10/2022 at 11:12 AM, PolloPawer said:

On 6/10/2022 at 11:34 AM, QuietCool187 said:

For the character trophies, you have to beat arcade mode with a character without dying and without using another character. That one confused me for a while. Always have the character you want first, and if you die restart. Basically, you need a perfect arcade run with each fighter where they KO everyone. Time does not matter. 

For the all characters trophy, of course it is referring to something else entirely. For that trophy, you have to KO every character with every character. In other words, each character has to KO the entire roster in arcade mode. This is cumulative, so it can be done in multiple runs. I created a spreadsheet to keep track of who I KO'd, otherwise it can get confusing. 

Let me know if you need any other clarifications. The trophy descriptions caused me a lot of headaches, but once I figured out the real requirements I did not run into any bugged trophies.

Off-topic, but do either of you error out when you try to do ranked? I'd pick this up if it were still boostable, as it's the only KOF I don't have, but everything here seems to point to no. The reason I ask is because, at least as of last December, online apparently works on Xbox at least.

8 minutes ago, TheAnticulture said:

Off-topic, but do either of you error out when you try to do ranked? I'd pick this up if it were still boostable, as it's the only KOF I don't have, but everything here seems to point to no. The reason I ask is because, at least as of last December, online apparently works on Xbox at least.

Nobody has earned any online trophy in the game since 2017: https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/152-the-king-of-fighters-xii/2-warrior.  However if the Xbox servers are somehow back up, I would like to see someone with the game confirm this beyond all doubt...

I tried playing online a few months ago, and the server seemed to be down. I would love it if online came back to this game on PSN, but I doubt it ever will on PS3. 

14 hours ago, WakeUpHP said:

Nobody has earned any online trophy in the game since 2017: https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/152-the-king-of-fighters-xii/2-warrior.  However if the Xbox servers are somehow back up, I would like to see someone with the game confirm this beyond all doubt...

Yeah I would have been very surprised to see these servers come back, but stranger things have happened.  The guy above says they came back for Xbox in December but I'd really need to see proof before I'd believe that.  I guess if you have the game you could double check one last time just to draw a line under this question.

Edited by WakeUpHP