Need advice about TDM trophies

DeadgrounD_EU

Hello everyone! ?☺️

I got my eye on this game for over a week now and it looks quite interesting. But I'm still at 50%/50% to should I invest my time in 100% this title.

I checked the trophy list and only 3 trophies worry me, so I would like to do them first if possible. So that's my big question.

Would it be smart to focus on doing those 3 trophies with T1 fighters first before I move to other ones?

Trophies are: 
- Flirting Virtuoso 
:bronze:
- Impregnable Fortress :bronze:
- Circle Crusher :silver:

I have played this game for 11h, moved to F3 max (to unlock TDM) and I just played TDM to see how that goes. So I figured that Circle Crusher will be super easy to do, but other 2 worry me, espactualy  Impregnable Fortress as it seems that I have no control over that trophy, and in my 11h play time I only got raided 4 times by super high lvl players to free my "prisoners" where I had no chance of defense. 

So... In 133 raids I manage to get 13 captures. Is that good or bad?
Should I continue to work on Flirting Virtuoso with T1 fighter and IF I manage to get that trophy, should I then try to max out my freezer, fighters and get them the best weapons/gear from F1-F9, upgrade it, have a lot of resources to attract players to attack me and just wait for Impregnable Fortress to pop? 

For all these 3 trophies I will stay in bronze 1-3, because as soon as I reach silver 3 I'm paired with people who have way stronger fighters and gear where I stand no chance of winning.

Would that be wise? 

Btw I know very little about this game and things that I do know are from last 2-3 days of research.

Any advice would be very appreciated! 
Cheers! 
???

• 3 weeks later...

Hey!

I was in the same boat not that long ago and got some advice from someone who did the 100% that I think would ring true with you. Don't be afraid of the trophies, there's definitely more just time needed rather a skill cap or anything. 

I already have circle Crusher and I've only been able to get 16 or 17 captures, so you're doing really well already! I have missed out on several as well due to a full bathroom I forgot to clear, timer running out, and misclicking. 

I am about halfway to my defense wins as well. 

If you keep farming the tower for good blueprints (or get someone to drop a weapon to you in TDM ) you will eventually outpace enough opponents to be consistently winning and having chances for captures. Its just RNG as to if the enemy will get dazed/stunned or not. 

The best weapon to get is the Red Hot Iron so once you get the blueprint for that you should be good to go. 

• Like 1

Hey! ?
Thanks for replying! ?

No one answered on my post for quite some time so I forgot to check on it... ?

Thanks for advice, I really appreciate it! 
I want to try and get Impregnable Fortress out of the way first, so this is what I did in the meantime while waiting for someone to reply.

I got full Heavy Hitter Set and upgrade it as much as I can. It's T2+4 (Now It required M.I.L.K. red to upgrade further). 
Same for weapons, I put Jungle Machete E +4 on attackers and Metal Bat A +4 on defenders.

I put 3 defenders and 4 strikers on defense. As for decals.

I put 1 Diamond, 1 Golem and 1 Super Volcano on defenders, then 1 Barbell and 3 Samurai on strikers.
+ I have 107K kc and around 30k splitium. To make my base more "attractive".

My tactic is to make my defender buy enough time so that my second fighter (striker) can join, so they can hopefully kill the invader 2v1.

Now all I need to do is to wait.. If I manage to get Impregnable Fortress trophy, then I will go for other 2 TDM trophies and then for 100%. ??

Sorry for late reply, will try to answer your questions.

- Should you invest your time in 100% this title?

Absolutely no, it does NOT worth your time especially if you mean by 100% the additional dlc trophy as well.

Unfortunately and sadly the game is not what it initially looks like, i.e. simple crazy ideas (decals, mushrooms, bank, iron, ...etc) and is not challenging at all. It also adds nothing new to gaming universe.

I really don't know what to say about it and what to leave. There are just so many flaws in this game and most of it caused by server admins interferences. Don't ask me how do I know, you try it and see by yourself .. everything is so evident. If you have experience with Travian browser game and know how the admins act towards players who pay and players who don't, then you should know this is 1000 times worse than that. The thing is that everything is micromanaged by admins: daily hernia stuff, weekly tdm rewards, 3 & 4 star premium decals gotten by kill coins, drop rates of mid-bosses although it's annoynced that it have bben improved to 90%, how areas filled by materials, valuable targets during "fights", sent fighters to you, easy or hard haters floors beyond F40, weither the come in groups or one by one, ...etc so many things. But you don't see any of this until you beat the game and decide to stay for longer.

If you only want to 100% the base game then expect 2 or 3 unfair deaths from bosses and haters and sometimes haters that you can only flee from them.

- Flirting Virtuoso:

If you plan on getting the dlc trophy as well then you will get this one without trying for it but it is a good idea that you try to get like 30 captures so you know the game and how to dodge various weapons, get some premium decals too. The dlc trophy cannot be gotten in 1 hour btw, it requires much more time than the base game itself. I did not get it myself but you can expect an additional 500 hours at least just to get that last trophy (farming items is unbelievable in this game and it's always bad RNG). Of course it's not about time or difficulty that you'll be able to get it or not.. it's all about PATIENCE. I have deleted the trashy game 7 times so far but I keep coming back to it cause I did a alot of work. You need to buy the express pass too if you plan to explore floors beyond 40 otherwise the game is almost unplayable.

I'll give you just 1 example so you know how bad this game can be and the type of "patience" required. Go check the in-game lineup of decals that can be gotten by kill coins, you will find 18 rows but in fact you only get decals from last 4 rows only. Rest do not exist in the game unless 30% attack for a crapy weapon. Even worse some of the best decals of these last 4 rows you never get.

- Impregnable Fortress:

Easiest way is to boost it. Create another 5 accounts and attack yourself and you will get it in like a month or so. You can add your team to favourites and attack yourself every 2 days I think just stay at same tdm rank.

Doing it legit will take you forever even if you have an active express pass (so you don't lose any kill coins) you won't get attacked too often (sick game system) and usually higher rank players will attack you and you don't stand a chance against them. It's too hard to defend with grade 1 fighters. Upgrading bank and tank to high levels (what the guide suggests) is also a bad idea. I think 5 blows from a tier 2 iron can destroy a level 23 bank/tank (maybe 3 rages can destroy level 50), but keep upgrading them of course. At level 30 they get double the health.

I'd like to write few tips for end game and dlc trophy but i'm tired now maybe later.

On 5/22/2022 at 5:16 PM, DeadgrounD_EU said:

Hey! 1f44b.png
Thanks for replying! 1f607.png

No one answered on my post for quite some time so I forgot to check on it... 1f61e.png

Thanks for advice, I really appreciate it! 
I want to try and get Impregnable Fortress out of the way first, so this is what I did in the meantime while waiting for someone to reply.

I got full Heavy Hitter Set and upgrade it as much as I can. It's T2+4 (Now It required M.I.L.K. red to upgrade further). 
Same for weapons, I put Jungle Machete E +4 on attackers and Metal Bat A +4 on defenders.

I put 3 defenders and 4 strikers on defense. As for decals.

I put 1 Diamond, 1 Golem and 1 Super Volcano on defenders, then 1 Barbell and 3 Samurai on strikers.
+ I have 107K kc and around 30k splitium. To make my base more "attractive".

My tactic is to make my defender buy enough time so that my second fighter (striker) can join, so they can hopefully kill the invader 2v1.

Now all I need to do is to wait.. If I manage to get Impregnable Fortress trophy, then I will go for other 2 TDM trophies and then for 100%. 1f604.png1f605.png

That all sounds solid...I've been focusing on the TDM trophies first as well. I am around 70 defenses now, up from like 30 just a few weeks ago. If you keep plugging away with your attack efforts, you should eventually start to get sor better 2 or even 3 star blue prints which will help a lot for attacking, examples including butterfly knife, pulse stun gun, etc. 

I am at 20 captures now and it's definitely more efficient to focus on this when your clan is in a war with another as it will give you more appropriately ranked fighters, which are easier to stun and not as difficult to defeat. Even with only my grade 2 fighters I can beat players into the 30s at times. Captures will definitely take a long time still. I might push more in the tower, we'll see what happens. 

Keep hunting, man! I personally really like the game. Love the soundtrack and combat feel. 

On 5/27/2022 at 1:16 AM, e36eni_7obah said:

Sorry for late reply, will try to answer your questions.

Absolutely no, it does NOT worth your time especially if you mean by 100% the additional dlc trophy as well.

Unfortunately and sadly the game is not what it initially looks like, i.e. simple crazy ideas (decals, mushrooms, bank, iron, ...etc) and is not challenging at all. It also adds nothing new to gaming universe.

I really don't know what to say about it and what to leave. There are just so many flaws in this game and most of it caused by server admins interferences. Don't ask me how do I know, you try it and see by yourself .. everything is so evident. If you have experience with Travian browser game and know how the admins act towards players who pay and players who don't, then you should know this is 1000 times worse than that. The thing is that everything is micromanaged by admins: daily hernia stuff, weekly tdm rewards, 3 & 4 star premium decals gotten by kill coins, drop rates of mid-bosses although it's annoynced that it have bben improved to 90%, how areas filled by materials, valuable targets during "fights", sent fighters to you, easy or hard haters floors beyond F40, weither the come in groups or one by one, ...etc so many things. But you don't see any of this until you beat the game and decide to stay for longer.

If you only want to 100% the base game then expect 2 or 3 unfair deaths from bosses and haters and sometimes haters that you can only flee from them.

- Flirting Virtuoso:

If you plan on getting the dlc trophy as well then you will get this one without trying for it but it is a good idea that you try to get like 30 captures so you know the game and how to dodge various weapons, get some premium decals too. The dlc trophy cannot be gotten in 1 hour btw, it requires much more time than the base game itself. I did not get it myself but you can expect an additional 500 hours at least just to get that last trophy (farming items is unbelievable in this game and it's always bad RNG). Of course it's not about time or difficulty that you'll be able to get it or not.. it's all about PATIENCE. I have deleted the trashy game 7 times so far but I keep coming back to it cause I did a alot of work. You need to buy the express pass too if you plan to explore floors beyond 40 otherwise the game is almost unplayable.

I'll give you just 1 example so you know how bad this game can be and the type of "patience" required. Go check the in-game lineup of decals that can be gotten by kill coins, you will find 18 rows but in fact you only get decals from last 4 rows only. Rest do not exist in the game unless 30% attack for a crapy weapon. Even worse some of the best decals of these last 4 rows you never get.

- Impregnable Fortress:

Easiest way is to boost it. Create another 5 accounts and attack yourself and you will get it in like a month or so. You can add your team to favourites and attack yourself every 2 days I think just stay at same tdm rank.

Doing it legit will take you forever even if you have an active express pass (so you don't lose any kill coins) you won't get attacked too often (sick game system) and usually higher rank players will attack you and you don't stand a chance against them. It's too hard to defend with grade 1 fighters. Upgrading bank and tank to high levels (what the guide suggests) is also a bad idea. I think 5 blows from a tier 2 iron can destroy a level 23 bank/tank (maybe 3 rages can destroy level 50), but keep upgrading them of course. At level 30 they get double the health.

I'd like to write few tips for end game and dlc trophy but i'm tired now maybe later.

Hey man, thanks for taking your time to write such a detailed response. I'm fully aware that game is pay to win being a free to play game and all. And I did play Travian long time ago and I know exactly how p2w that game is. However LID is not pvp oriented like Travian is. Thankfully, it's more about tower climbing then pvp, and even pvp is not real pvp bc when you attack in TDM you are fighting bots rather then players. But yeah, people who do spend real money will climb tower much faster and get trophies way easier. ?

I'm still on the fence about the game bc I don't plan to spend any money on it. I did make a good defense with T1 fighters and I have 120k kc and 50k sp to attract players to attack me and see if I manage to get Impregnable Fortress as my first trophy. And if I get that trophy I'll probably go for other trophies as well. 

As for dlc trophy The Nightmare is Over. I have checked other players that got The Nightmare is Over and compare it with last trophy they got from base game and I see that it took them a year, even years to get it. So I'm aware that it will be a huge time sink. But that will be wayy later after I 100% base game So at that point I will prob make LID my side game where I will just grind here and there and will be more focused on other game/s to platinum. 

Worst case scenario I just do base game and move on. But I still didn't fully convince myself if I should go for it or not. ?

On 5/27/2022 at 3:47 AM, GunfighterHefty said:

That all sounds solid...I've been focusing on the TDM trophies first as well. I am around 70 defenses now, up from like 30 just a few weeks ago. If you keep plugging away with your attack efforts, you should eventually start to get sor better 2 or even 3 star blue prints which will help a lot for attacking, examples including butterfly knife, pulse stun gun, etc. 

I am at 20 captures now and it's definitely more efficient to focus on this when your clan is in a war with another as it will give you more appropriately ranked fighters, which are easier to stun and not as difficult to defeat. Even with only my grade 2 fighters I can beat players into the 30s at times. Captures will definitely take a long time still. I might push more in the tower, we'll see what happens. 

Keep hunting, man! I personally really like the game. Love the soundtrack and combat feel. 

Hey man! ?
You manage to get 40 defenses within a week? That's big. How do you make another players attack you so often? Do you just have bunch of resources to attract them or? In my case since I have T1 fighters with 120kc and 50sp ready I only got attacked 3 times in a week. Dunno if its because I'm in bronze 1/2 or bc I use T1 fighters. But all my 3 defenses were flawless with them doing 0% damage. 

When it comes to captures during a war, I dunno if this was a bug or they just had a strong team. But last war the lowest player I could attack was rank 32 which is funny since I'm rank 7. Did I miss something? But I will focus on captures after and if I manage to get Impregnable Fortress first.

I don't mind doing captures bc I can attack others all the time and kind of "control" that trophy progress unlike Impregnable Fortress where I need to depend on others to get that trophy for me.

(If you know what I mean). ?

Yeah, I totally agree with you. Gameplay is addicting and soundtrack is a banger, especially for a F2P game. But.. and this is a really big but. Since the games is F2P and I don't know that much about it later in the game (past F30 or F40) how unfair or "evil" it is to players who don't plan to spend money in it. That's why I'm on a fence if I should even start it or not.. you know? ?

Anyway, big thanks for spending time to reply on my message, I really appreciate it. ?

19 hours ago, DeadgrounD_EU said:

Hey man! 1f44b.png
You manage to get 40 defenses within a week? That's big. How do you make another players attack you so often? Do you just have bunch of resources to attract them or? In my case since I have T1 fighters with 120kc and 50sp ready I only got attacked 3 times in a week. Dunno if its because I'm in bronze 1/2 or bc I use T1 fighters. But all my 3 defenses were flawless with them doing 0% damage. 

When it comes to captures during a war, I dunno if this was a bug or they just had a strong team. But last war the lowest player I could attack was rank 32 which is funny since I'm rank 7. Did I miss something? But I will focus on captures after and if I manage to get Impregnable Fortress first.

I don't mind doing captures bc I can attack others all the time and kind of "control" that trophy progress unlike Impregnable Fortress where I need to depend on others to get that trophy for me.

(If you know what I mean). 1f914.png

Yeah, I totally agree with you. Gameplay is addicting and soundtrack is a banger, especially for a F2P game. But.. and this is a really big but. Since the games is F2P and I don't know that much about it later in the game (past F30 or F40) how unfair or "evil" it is to players who don't plan to spend money in it. That's why I'm on a fence if I should even start it or not.. you know? 1f616.png

Anyway, big thanks for spending time to reply on my message, I really appreciate it. 1f607.png

There are people on Reddit and discord who you could coordinate with for extra attacks to your base if you're really having issues - I haven't done that but just letting you know that. 

A few points I'll share that may help...make sure you fully log out of the game each time by hitting 'return to title screen's from the waiting room. It seems to have issues with incorrect shut downs. 

The more active you are in TDM I believe the more likely you are to appear as a target to attack. 

Also you are more likely to get defenses in wars if you have people your level attacking you and you have some higher level weapons. For example, once I was able to get the butterfly knife, red hot iron +, metal bat A, etc during those wars I could get 5 or more defense wins in that time period. 

The War level scaling I'm not sure on. Some of the wars I have appropriate levels to attack, other times I have only levels 3-5 which usually have the naked default Defenders that can't be stunned. 

I'm just trying to struggle through the captures. I can take down players in the 50s or even 70s on occasion even with my grade 1 fighters but just haven't gotten as many stuns the last week. 

• 3 weeks later...

For context, I'm the original trophy guide writer and I still play the game to this day, with over 6000 hours clocked in. So I know how it has evolved.

First off, the guide is unreliable for TDM now, i'm just not motivated to rewrite it. I would say to just rush to end game as soon as you can since th e DLC trophy is a pain and needs lots of grinding. If For wins, honestly I would just ask to trade on reddit, or better yet the #tdm_ps4 channel on the let it die discord. If you wanna stay clear of win trading. I'd say go up to tier 4/5 and play around there fore a while. Have high KC/Splitheum so you are a nice target. Flirting virtuso is random (blunt dmg doesnt mattter unlike what the guide suggests) and the level thing is official (FAQ on their website) but I have major doubts of it being incorrect. 10% of your raids getting a capture is the average so you're right on that spot.

On 19-5-2022 at 5:15 AM, GunfighterHefty said:

The best weapon to get is the Red Hot Iron so once you get the blueprint for that you should be good to go. 

This is a good tip for base game and low rank, but as for higher TDM its better to get other weapons that pack more dmg and/or inflict poison (as its a good stun)

On 27-5-2022 at 1:16 AM, e36eni_7obah said:

If you are someone who plays games mostly for trophies, then yes, this game is an awful choice for the trophy/time ratio. If not, then go have fun! :D

By admins do you mean devs? If so, yeah they are greedy but the game is really fair. Just grindy. However they don't "Interfere" in any way. Unless you count the releaseo f new decals, but that's just content. Also the boss drop rate has been improved to 80%, not 90%. No offense meant but from your agitation I'm getting the feeling you're playing the game wrong, not investing (enough) in the (right) gear, then dying a lot wondering why the game is so hard. Its sort of a trap this game has for new players. Especially peopele who brand this as souls-like for some reason. Which its totally not. LiD is far more about stats and not about dodge rolling trough everything.

You need to buy the express pass too if you plan to explore floors beyond 40 otherwise the game is almost unplayable.

While it helps with farming (as you get +10 bag slots), its not unplayable withouth. Theres also free dustin events like this month where you can send as many items as you want back to the waiting room and just keep climbing. (for new player context, there are no elevators past 50 and you have to start over from 50 every time so ur bag fills up fast. Dustin is a little robot that lts u send back 5 items for 1 DM, not really worth it but for free dustin events its amazing)

On 30-5-2022 at 9:01 PM, DeadgrounD_EU said:

Hey man, thanks for taking your time to write such a detailed response. I'm fully aware that game is pay to win being a free to play game and al

Its not pay to win, its pay for convenience. Every veteran will tell you that ultimately, you wont get anywhere with just money. The only thing money will help with is maybe get some decals a little easier and upgrading storage faster. But the game is definitely not pay to wi

On 30-5-2022 at 9:31 PM, DeadgrounD_EU said:

When it comes to captures during a war, I dunno if this was a bug or they just had a strong team. But last war the lowest player I could attack was rank 32 which is funny since I'm rank 7. Did I miss something?

Its not based on Fighter rank what you are refering to, simply only TDM rank (bronze, silver, etc)

On 30-5-2022 at 9:01 PM, DeadgrounD_EU said:

As for dlc trophy The Nightmare is Over. I have checked other players that got The Nightmare is Over and compare it with last trophy they got from base game and I see that it took them a year, even years to get it. So I'm aware that it will be a huge time sink.

They added this DLC trophy like 3 years  after launch, despite the content being in the game within 6 months. So don't be scared by the trophy time stamps. It is still a huge grind to include this trophy however.

On 31-5-2022 at 5:40 PM, GunfighterHefty said:

The more active you are in TDM I believe the more likely you are to appear as a target to attack. 

This is false, activity is 100% irrelevant. The game only looks for people within the same TDM rank. (Bronze, silver, etc.). Just clearing that up.

On 31-5-2022 at 5:40 PM, GunfighterHefty said:

The War level scaling I'm not sure on. Some of the wars I have appropriate levels to attack, other times I have only levels 3-5 which usually have the naked default Defenders that can't be stunned. 

Every fighter can be stunned.

@DeadgrounD_EU Feel free to join the Let It die Discord (https://discord.gg/z27prRMZzW) and hit me up (Look for Gr4de) if you have questions. Im much more available there.

• Like 1