Ps4 to Ps5 Trophy Decision

Hey guys. I'm about to fire up Final Fantasy XIV for my podcast, and I'm wondering if I should finish up the ps4 platinum before firing the game up on my ps5? I've got a bit of grinding to do in order to snag the plat, and I'm worried that starting it on the ps5 will mess with my progress. I want to use my ps5 for it, since it's a vastly superior machine, but I don't want to screw my progress up on ps4. Thanks in advance for any help!!

10 minutes ago, schweiss1 said:

Hey guys. I'm about to fire up Final Fantasy XIV for my podcast, and I'm wondering if I should finish up the ps4 platinum before firing the game up on my ps5? I've got a bit of grinding to do in order to snag the plat, and I'm worried that starting it on the ps5 will mess with my progress. I want to use my ps5 for it, since it's a vastly superior machine, but I don't want to screw my progress up on ps4. Thanks in advance for any help!!

Hey there. The PS4 and PS5 versions have completely different trophy lists, but the game checks trophy requirements on both the same. So if you're missing some levequests, then get over 1,000 on the PS5 version...there is no trophy for 1,000 levequests. However, if you go back to the PS4 version and log into your character then do one more levequest, the game will check and see you have over 1,000 and pop the PS4 trophy. 

Keep in mind however, that anything raid based has to be done on the specific system. Like the bahamut coil trophy has to be done on PS4 and the savage fights have to be done on PS5. They dont pop with other raid completions so any of those you'd have to redo. Good luck!

• Like 2