Big Boss Snake, Endless Mode

poetic_justice_

Endless mode randomly spawns one of three bosses at the end of its first level. You must beat this boss to obtain the 200 points trophy. If the game spawns Big Boss Snake (BBS) from level 3 and you haven't beaten Big Boss Snake before, dodge his attacks until he spits out a spear. Dive toward the water and hold 'X' to pick up the spear. ONCE YOU HAVE THE SPEAR IN YOUR BEAK, CONTINUE TO HOLD X, or you will drop the spear and need to dodge a new cycle of attacks. While you are in the process of obtaining the spear, one or two large bugs may fly at you. Avoid their attacks by dodging, but otherwise ignore them. BBS will continue to his attack cycle of dives, splashes, and lateral cross-screen attacks. Avoid these as best you can. Wait for BBS to swim directly at you, then (and this is counter-intuitive) fly directly into his mouth (Do not attempt to fly into BBS's mouth without the spear, or BBS will swallow you). The spear will become lodged across the snake's jaw, locking his mouth open. When the screen prompts you, press L1 and R1 to perform a barrel roll. Your bird will twirl the spear inside BBS's mouth, flipping the snake in circles once and finishing the level. Unlike the main game, Endless Mode only requires players to do one point of damage to bosses, as opposed to four points or more in the main game. You only need one spear to defeat BBS and get your 200 points trophy.

Once you begin the next level you will only require a few collectibles to reach 200 points. The 50/100/150/200 points trophies will unlock after you die, not during gameplay. Once you reach 200, you can kill your character by crashing into things, and all points trophies will unlock in sequence.

Edited by poetic_justice_
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 25/5/2022 at 1:32 AM, poetic_justice_ said:

Endless mode randomly spawns one of three bosses at the end of its first level. You must beat this boss to obtain the 200 points trophy. If the game spawns Big Boss Snake (BBS) from level 3 and you haven't beaten Big Boss Snake before, dodge his attacks until he spits out a spear. Dive toward the water and hold 'X' to pick up the spear. ONCE YOU HAVE THE SPEAR IN YOUR BEAK, CONTINUE TO HOLD X, or you will drop the spear and need to dodge a new cycle of attacks. While you are in the process of obtaining the spear, one or two large bugs may fly at you. Avoid their attacks by dodging, but otherwise ignore them. BBS will continue to his attack cycle of dives, splashes, and lateral cross-screen attacks. Avoid these as best you can. Wait for BBS to swim directly at you, then (and this is counter-intuitive) fly directly into his mouth (Do not attempt to fly into BBS's mouth without the spear, or BBS will swallow you). The spear will become lodged across the snake's jaw, locking his mouth open. When the screen prompts you, press L1 and R1 to perform a barrel roll. Your bird will twirl the spear inside BBS's mouth, flipping the snake in circles once and finishing the level. Unlike the main game, Endless Mode only requires players to do one point of damage to bosses, as opposed to four points or more in the main game. You only need one spear to defeat BBS and get your 200 points trophy.

Once you begin the next level you will only require a few collectibles to reach 200 points. The 50/100/150/200 points trophies will unlock after you die, not during gameplay. Once you reach 200, you can kill your character by crashing into things, and all points trophies will unlock in sequence.

i eventually got those trophies by defeating snake, tired of restarting everytime in order to find bug bros. I can say i only got the spear and got swallowed, nothing more, dont remember had to press L1/R1

10 hours ago, XpanderFX said:

i eventually got those trophies by defeating snake, tired of restarting everytime in order to find bug bros. I can say i only got the spear and got swallowed, nothing more, dont remember had to press L1/R1

Perhaps it has been changed, but on my screen the prompts for L1 or R1 were flashing. Once I pressed R1, the character did a barrel roll, spinning the spear and the snake via the spear.