Save Scumming - How to?

desfringo

You'll need to download the save again in order for save scumming to work. Make sure your settings aren't on automatic uploading/updating savefiles (this could overwrite your save). These are the steps you need to take in order to savescum:

1. Plug in a USB to your PS4 or use your cloud (I believe ps+ is required and you need to turn the auto-save/update feature off) 

2. Hit ps4 button go to Settings --> Application Saved Data Management --> Saved Data in System Storage & select Copy to USB Storage Device or Upload to Online Storage

3. Select the game save files to copy them over to your USB or cloud

4. Go in-game & complete (or fail) what you need to do.

5. Close the game & go back to Application Saved Data Management as mentioned in step 2

6. Select Saved Data on USB Storage Device or Saved Data in Online Storage, then Copy to System Storage

7. Open up your game and load the save (or press continue)

This only works if there is a auto-save point before you enter the last room before the boss. If there is only a save point at the beginning of the crypt you will be set back to there if you die, even with save scumming

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cauvuh_Lakrwa said:

If there is only a save point at the beginning of the crypt you will be set back to there if you die, even with save scumming

What do you mean by that? I read on other topics that people use save scum, but in my case I was always set back to beginning of the crypt.
Is there any way to save in spot that i need to? Like before boss room etc. Maybe "Save & Quit" in menu?

I know that i need to upload and manipulate with saves, but how to save in spot that I want (not rely on auto-save)

2 minutes ago, desfringo said:

What do you mean by that? I read on other topics that people use save scum, but in my case I was always set back to beginning of the crypt.
Is there any way to save in spot that i need to? Like before boss room etc. Maybe "Save & Quit" in menu?

I know that i need to upload and manipulate with saves, but how to save in spot that I want (not rely on auto-save)

you can only save at the beginning of a room, so save scumming would be saving at the beginning of a boss, (while the save option is still available, before taking the first few steps from the door) and uploading that save to the cloud, to download if you fail

• Like 1

Some game have the feature that if you save and quit, you will be set back to the beginning of a level. Save scumming is easy to understand but you'll need some knowledge about how saves work in different games.

Where you can save in order to succesfully save scum is the question DrBloodmoney answered for you

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cauvuh_Lakrwa said:

Some game have the feature that if you save and quit, you will be set back to the beginning of a level. Save scumming is easy to understand but you'll need some knowledge about how saves work in different games.

Where you can save in order to succesfully save scum is the question DrBloodmoney answered for you

I know how save scum works and how to do it in general, but I wanna know how to save in that specific game to make it work ;)

14 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

you can only save at the beginning of a room, so save scumming would be saving at the beginning of a boss, (while the save option is still available, before taking the first few steps from the door) and uploading that save to the cloud, to download if you fail

So I need to "Save & Quit" when I enter the Boss Room? That will save my progress at the beginning of a boss? 

1 minute ago, desfringo said:

So I need to "Save & Quit" when I enter the Boss Room? That will save my progress at the beginning of a boss? 

Yup - that'll do it. 

Keep in mind though, it's not super worth doing until you are at the end of the platinum run, as you need a LOT of elite enemies to fill out the bestiary, so repeating full runs is probably the better course - if you save-scum your way through the bosses too early, you'll end up with a shit-ton of elite farming to do at the end

• Like 2