[Video Guide] Hardcore Mode in 10m

OFFICER_OILDAB

First, I would like to say I had the misfortune of spending around 7 hours on my successful hardcore run; This including all the cloud saving and spending 40m trying to get a good item for trade from the Old Man. But no longer will people have to struggle through the RNG that is this game!

I accidentally discovered this method while note/death farming. 

Its real easy, heres what you do:

•Walk down the staircase until you are stopped by an enemy (game says you cant progress with monster in the way)

•Walk back up the staircase (click on the previous floor)

•Proceed to quickly click on the floor thats underneath the monster, and voila! 

•If the monster attacks and hits you, right after you click to go back upstairs, WAIT until your character is inside the staircase and then quickly click on the floor underneath. (If you dont wait, it wont work, your character simply goes up the stairs)

Here is a video of me testing/demonstrating this method (this was my first run after the discovery):

^^^ This strategy will take the fun out of the game, so I do recommend playing the game for yourself first (atleast on easy). I hope this method is of help to past and future players. The hardcore difficulty is amongst the 3 rarest trophies for the game, mainly because of its RNG unpredictability, so this platinum should now be far more achievable. 

*** Please, if you've read up to here, and have ALL NOTES, share some insight for the community. Many players get stuck at 51/52 notes, and then the last one never spawns. A post on here says you need to "Reprint the 'Printed Note'", I have the 'Printed Note' in my journal, and when I get to the computer it only blue screens when I click on something (the in game monitor, not the game itself). So I don't think that solution will work for me. On steam forums, someone said there is a quest you get from the phone, that spawns a hanging man, that will force drop a note. This seemed to work for those on steam, but there is no other info about which quest it is. 

I receive text quests from:

Daughter

Darling

Witness 

If you know which phone contact gives the quest that spawns the hanging man, please share! I share everything I discover that helps making trophy hunting easier for others, I hope someone can do the same.

Edited by OFFICER_OILDAB
Title change
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...