Anyone working on a Platinum guide?

Crossfiyah8771

1 hour ago, serafh_sf said:

-you need to have 70 friendship level to have their partner digimon to evolve to mega and pop the trophy

I wish I had known this sooner. I'll probably only be able to reach that level for a single character on my first playthrough because I hadn't focused on raising that value for most of the characters.

15 hours ago, serafh_sf said:

I think it might take awhile before a trophy guide exist.

I’m currently on my 2nd playthrough, and so far, what I can tell from what’s I’ve played:

-Need at least 4 playthrough to platinum, one for each route. It might be possible to do it in 3.5 I guess, but I cannot confirm yet because one of the trophy, Monster Researcher require us to encounter/register all monsters.

-all change to karma/friendship level is shown when you pick an option, so always save before selecting an option.

-you need to have 70 friendship level to have their partner digimon to evolve to mega and pop the trophy

-It’s very difficult to get everyone partner digimon to mega on the first playthrough, so just focus on a few, then on NG+ focus on others.

-different amount of people die depending on which route you select, and therefore you cannot get their mega form trophy for that particular route.

-always use your phone to scan the map. For item, shadow battle, and in certain chapter, some free digimon will join the party.

-farm as many Digivolving Slabs because sometimes it’s just easier to digivolve into ultimate/mega than trying to recruit them in battle, because their odds of joining can be quite atrocious.

As for missable, the Monster Researcher is the biggest one but you can always prepare more during your subsequent NG+ on which digimon you need to look for. I’d say try to prioritize finding Renamon, Gabumon, Patamon, most of the rookies one because they can be digivolved to higher form, but higher form cannot be devolved back into lower form. So if you got the chance, try finding several of the same rookies.

There might be more, but that’s all I can think for now. 

For the Monster Researcher trophy, do you have to only encounter all the digimon or do you have to at one point have all the digimon?

15 hours ago, Marvy_G23 said:

For the Monster Researcher trophy, do you have to only encounter all the digimon or do you have to at one point have all the digimon?

I have not unlocked the trophy, but I do ask around and they said you just need to have the counter at the library to be at 113/113 or 117/117 depending whether you have Guilmon or not. Which means, you need to have them in your party at any point in the game.

Do note that for the special mega digimon unlocked in Truthful route, you need to go to battle and digivolve into them before their entry is unlocked in the library. For the final Truthful mega, you need to do it in NG+

2 hours ago, MyNameIs_Rainman said:

Anyone know if the perceived memories are necessary for platinum? My 2nd playthrough has been on the Truthful route, and I've yet to come across any perceives memories...and I'm on part 11

No it is not needed for platinum. Apparently the last 2 entry for each Memory are route specific, so if you want to complete them, you need to go through all 3 routes.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, serafh_sf said:

No it is not needed for platinum. Apparently the last 2 entry for each Memory are route specific, so if you want to complete them, you need to go through all 3 routes.

Oh ok I was driving myself crazy looking for it, I found one in my 1st playthrough, Wrathful, but then in my 2nd playthrough which was Harmony but then I unlocked the truthful playthrough, I haven't seen any at all so I got a bit worried.

BTW, are there reliable locations for Renamon, Palmon and Gabumon?

don't really need one.

can hover over a choice to see it slightly change color....

left dialogue = moral route (red)

up dialogue = wrathful (yellow)

right dialogue = green (harmonious)

Chapter 8 the game will say to make a save at a certain point. If you had enough points in each route you should have 3 choices. Make 3 saves....

finish 1. start NG+ and then have some affinity with characters for true route. you'll get the true route trophy pop early in NG+. i think part 4.

As for seeing all digimon, not hard really either.

Only one i can't find is a fuckin Togemon to evolve into Lilymon.

other than that high affinity = partners digivolving into mega forms for those trophies.

Pretty straight forward tbh

43 minutes ago, MyNameIs_Rainman said:

BTW, are there reliable locations for Renamon, Palmon and Gabumon?

Gabu is moral route first time, havent found him in NG+. Palmon can jump off. i need to find one for Lilymon for the Digi guide.

Renamon is part 11 and 12 iirc.

• Like 1

I only found 1 Palmon in am event in Part 10 where Agumon senses 3 Digimon in an area, it's Palmon, Tentomon and Gomamon. But aside from that I've never seen Palmon or Tentomon in actual battle. 

And I didn't do my Karma like that because I was under the impression your karma influences your success percentage for capturing the specified type. Initially I was gonna try to capture as many digimon of that specific type by boosting said corresponding karma value as high as possible...but either way i felt like the success rates were shit so i sort of abandoned that on this current play through. My 1st run was almost 100% Wrath choices, and this run is like 60 harmony, 40 moral. I'll at least keep that in mind for the next run, and I'll make a save at the chapter 8 cut off. 

I've found Lilymon in truthful route part 11, don't recall the exact spot I saw it at though sorry

I'm taking note of everything i do to try and make a guide but honestly the master researcher trophy has messed the whole thing up since i thought it meant just encounter not own. I've made a perfect run for all affinity trophies and truth route so far so i might keep trying to finish it but master researcher has hurt my drive since I'll have to start over and make note of where every last digimon can be encountered.

For Master Researcher, I believe we need to at least finish NG+ Truthful route due to Fanglonmon needing to be used in battle for it to be counted in the Library.

The rest of the digimon (minus the Truth route specific) can be obtained on the first playthrough, but we do need to go Harmony Karma earlier so that Agumon evolve into Tyrannomon. Haven’t seen any Tyrannomon in the game, and Free Agumon does not evolve into it. 

So I’d say it will take 3.5 playthrough to platinum.

1. Take Moral first, recruit every possible digimon and a few allies digimon reach Mega. 
2. Then Truthful in NG+, recruit any digimon missed, make sure the remaining ally especially Ryo and Shuuji digimon reach Mega. 
3. Start off with Harmony so that Tyrannomon unlock, by this point Monster Researcher should already unlock. Make sure Wrathful/Harmony has at least 20 points. Then at the branch in chapter 8, save. Take Wrathful route, get Wrath boss and ending trophy. Then reload again at chapter 8 branch, take Harmony route, get Harmony boss and ending trophy. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

same. after 30mins the bitch finally joined.

i have 2 left.... Celes Cresmon (need a mega floramon ffs...) and Fanglongmon.

So if I finish this run, can i carry over AGAIN? 

That should be right, I don't see why not. I'm about to do my 3rd playthrough since I did truthful as my 2nd.

Gonna get moral and harmony equal and then choose harmony at the chapter 8 point, reload afterwards and do moral. I only have kiwimon, cyclonemon, and gabumon left besides Omegamon. So about 1 full run and a run from chapter 8 and on and I should be good.

Just now, MyNameIs_Rainman said:

That should be right, I don't see why not. I'm about to do my 3rd playthrough since I did truthful as my 2nd.

Gonna get moral and harmony equal and then choose harmony at the chapter 8 point, reload afterwards and do moral. I only have kiwimon, cyclonemon, and gabumon left besides Omegamon. So about 1 full run and a run from chapter 8 and on and I should be good.

Yeah i guess Megas are actually locked to certain routes. Not affinity like it thought. 

So I'll just focus on Aoi. 

15 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

Yeah i guess Megas are actually locked to certain routes. Not affinity like it thought. 

So I'll just focus on Aoi. 

Some Megas are, Aoi has 3 of them and 1 is tied to affinity, 1 is tied to truth ending and 1 is tied to Wrathful ending. Fanglongmon is tied to Truth ending and Omegamon is tied to Moral. The rest of the team has megas tied to affinity +70 or truthful route.

I gotta do Harmony to get Kaito alternate mega fight for the trophy.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MyNameIs_Rainman said:

Some Megas are, Aoi has 3 of them and 1 is tied to affinity, 1 is tied to truth ending and 1 is tied to Wrathful ending. Fanglongmon is tied to Truth ending and Omegamon is tied to Moral. The rest of the team has megas tied to affinity +70 or truthful route.

just realised Kunemon mega is truth route and i haven't got it yet. Basically i think headed to final fight. i MIGHT have a previous save from chapter 10 or something for true route idk.

21 minutes ago, MyNameIs_Rainman said:

I have 2 digi mission. Cresmon Human form, fanglongmon(final boss).

So you can evolve them, doesnt matter youll get trophy for all digimon but not for X digimon reached Mega. 

which imo is dumb. lol. Guess ill need a 2nd true route for Kunemon evolve, Dracmon, and probably Cresmon lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

I have 2 digi mission. Cresmon Human form, fanglongmon(final boss).

So you can evolve them, doesnt matter youll get trophy for all digimon but not for X digimon reached Mega. 

which imo is dumb. lol. Guess ill need a 2nd true route for Kunemon evolve, Dracmon, and probably Cresmon lol

Looks like you will be set if you do a Truth run, you'll get Fanglongmon and just keep your affinities high enough and you'll get kunemon mega and dracmon mega.

So to understand, the route you choose is only available based off of how many Karma points you placed? So I can do 50% points in moral and 50% in harmony, and then both of those routes will be available to choose from at the chapter 8 cutoff? I initially thought whatever karma was the highest was the route you were stuck in, but I guess that really just gives you agumon evolutions.

I'm going back and forth raising harmony and moral and they were both equal and then agumon evolved into tyrannomon which is gonna give me crappy dinorexmon, so hopefully I can select Harmony route, then beef up points in moral cause I rather have wargreymon unlocked

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MyNameIs_Rainman said:

Looks like you will be set if you do a Truth run, you'll get Fanglongmon and just keep your affinities high enough and you'll get kunemon mega and dracmon mega.

Yeah i think all i have are free battles and Fanglongmon available. Turns out i need Saki to digivolve for final evolution for that data entry. 

Kunemon on true route and maybe Dracmon? what i started doing mid chapter 10, which was probably too late. Save at every conversation, if affinity goes up, continue. If not, reload. So i may have to do another True route run to get Drac and Kune evolve. Then may as well do another for the Saki digivolving one.

The others SHOULD come by then or just on my backup saves of my first run. They did say multiple playthroughs but with having all digi but 1 behind an evolution i can focus on story and skip. With level 90+, should be a cake walk.

So to understand, the route you choose is only available based off of how many Karma points you placed? So I can do 50% points in moral and 50% in harmony, and then both of those routes will be available to choose from at the chapter 8 cutoff? I initially thought whatever karma was the highest was the route you were stuck in, but I guess that really just gives you agumon evolutions.

Basically yes, i wasnt paying attention first run to what i picked and had all 3 options at Part 8 so i made a save. 

I'm going back and forth raising harmony and moral and they were both equal and then agumon evolved into tyrannomon which is gonna give me crappy dinorexmon, so hopefully I can select Harmony route, then beef up points in moral cause I rather have wargreymon unlocked

Dont worry on Agu. Mine became Tyranno. but then more Moral at that 2nd stage gave me Metal and War. Good news is metal greymons can be found later and lots of digimon evolve into Wargreymon.

my biggest issue of recruiting them is over. Lillymon took 40 min last night with a 17% rating, constantly restarted battles etc. 

So now ill watch movies and skip dialogue and get these bastards to evolve how i want haha.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

Yeah i think all i have are free battles and Fanglongmon available. Turns out i need Saki to digivolve for final evolution for that data entry. 

Kunemon on true route and maybe Dracmon? what i started doing mid chapter 10, which was probably too late. Save at every conversation, if affinity goes up, continue. If not, reload. So i may have to do another True route run to get Drac and Kune evolve. Then may as well do another for the Saki digivolving one.

The others SHOULD come by then or just on my backup saves of my first run. They did say multiple playthroughs but with having all digi but 1 behind an evolution i can focus on story and skip. With level 90+, should be a cake walk.

Basically yes, i wasnt paying attention first run to what i picked and had all 3 options at Part 8 so i made a save. 

Dont worry on Agu. Mine became Tyranno. but then more Moral at that 2nd stage gave me Metal and War. Good news is metal greymons can be found later and lots of digimon evolve into Wargreymon.

my biggest issue of recruiting them is over. Lillymon took 40 min last night with a 17% rating, constantly restarted battles etc. 

So now ill watch movies and skip dialogue and get these bastards to evolve how i want haha.

Yeah the recruiting is tied to your Karma, so higher Wrath has better chance of recruiting virus types, etc. That's why depending on your playthrough Karma it just absolutely isn't worth it to reset if a Mega has like 6% chance lol I drove myself nearly fucking insane getting some crappy digimons with low percentages but these playthroughs I'm gonna ignore affinity with other characters and just breeze through to complete it, get the digimon I need and I should be set

2 hours ago, MyNameIs_Rainman said:

Yes, your highest 2 Karma will appear as the option in chapter 8. And the 3rd is just the bad ending. So if Wrath/Harmony is the highest, then both will appear ahead of Moral, and you can just create a save there to be reloaded later.

2 hours ago, serafh_sf said:

Yes, your highest 2 Karma will appear as the option in chapter 8. And the 3rd is just the bad ending. So if Wrath/Harmony is the highest, then both will appear ahead of Moral, and you can just create a save there to be reloaded later.

Oh ok so I can safely continue to invest my points in Moral so I can get the greymon evolution line and then when prompted at chapter 8 just select the harmony route?