Help with aria

I start with aria a long time ago but I can't pass it, I die a lot in the first zone until I get tired and stop playing, I don't understand why sometimes when I'm playing, the game "thinks" that I press the keyboard twice, that is , I can walk normally but suddenly the potion is removed, without me touching anything else, it is somewhat difficult to explain, the keyboard is new and I have checked it and it does not have dust or something that obstructs it, this happens to someone else or the keyboard is wrong?

Sounds like it could be a calibration issue? If you're consistently off beat by just a little bit, you will eventually miss a beat (I think double pressing means you're too early? not sure tbh). Probably worth making sure your calibration is good and look up some specific Necrodancer videos on how to best set this up. You generally want to turn off the beating heart HUD at the bottom of the screen so you can see when the bars are disappearing, with perfect calibration they should disappear right when they touch.

If it's not that, it might be some issue with either your keyboard or your keyboard adapter, in which case I'm of no help as I've only played the game on controller lol.

• Like 1

On 8/8/2022 at 5:02 AM, Dzware said:

Sounds like it could be a calibration issue? If you're consistently off beat by just a little bit, you will eventually miss a beat (I think double pressing means you're too early? not sure tbh). Probably worth making sure your calibration is good and look up some specific Necrodancer videos on how to best set this up. You generally want to turn off the beating heart HUD at the bottom of the screen so you can see when the bars are disappearing, with perfect calibration they should disappear right when they touch.

If it's not that, it might be some issue with either your keyboard or your keyboard adapter, in which case I'm of no help as I've only played the game on controller lol.

if it's kind of weird, it's like the character moves and in the middle of the movement some key is pressed and I lose the potion or life, I'll try that

You should check this video out... I know it's more so for DBPM characters, but it sounds like you are having issues with calibration!! I have my audio set to like 48 and honestly I feel like that made all the difference, even for the regular speed characters like Aria. 

Hope this helps bud and good luck!! I've only made it to Zone 3 once with her outta like 50 tries so far... She's TOUGH!

• 3 months later...
On 8/12/2022 at 8:35 AM, Joe Dubz said:

You should check this video out... I know it's more so for DBPM characters, but it sounds like you are having issues with calibration!! I have my audio set to like 48 and honestly I feel like that made all the difference, even for the regular speed characters like Aria. 

Hope this helps bud and good luck!! I've only made it to Zone 3 once with her outta like 50 tries so far... She's TOUGH!

Thanks for the helpful video I just updated my latency to "1" and finished an Aria All zones run.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Nozomi Tojo said:

Thanks for the helpful video I just updated my latency to "1" and finished an Aria All zones run.

Yay, glad to help! And congrats, she is without a doubt a challenge... I swear it's just nerves that wreck it for me most of the time, despite having cleared like 4 times with her at this point! 

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

The only tip I can give you is to play around with the latency calibration till it feels just right, you should use the Danny Baranowsky soundtrack for normal tempo characters since it syncs well with the normal speed. It's best to save the Aria clear and low% trophy for later since it's going to be terrifying going through a run knowing that if your inputs are sloppy it can end the entire run. You will also have to get use to the one tile dagger since that's going to be Aria's only weapon, and you will have to try your best to not take any hits whatsoever two smacks and the run is over. On the bright side Aria does the hardest zone first and gets rid of the fastest songs in the game straight away, the invading could also be useful in zone three replacing some of the riders with a zone four monster, thanks to her unique boss you can skip the last of phase of any boss fight

Edited by Kimura Takahashi