[Video] You Shall Not Pass Trophy + How To Retry A Bit Quicker

BushidoCypher

24 minutes ago, A210221100 said:

currently im only missing this one for the platinum he is only hard because you dont have any of your tools at this point but by far i think the hardest boss was Urd after doing Urd i went to the last boss and it was lauphable compered to her

Ya Urd is fast as fuck haha, her rapier is wild I struggled the most with her I'd say 
Just keep at it here and there and try and learn when to use deflect on Varg and you'll smash it bro!

For anyone that is sh*tty in the parring stuff (like me), I followed another approach with dodging (it still took me like 20-30 tries).

- Always be far away and when he starts his combo, dodge to the back diagonally.

- Wait for his combo to end and if you are close, follow-up with a 3 hit light attack.

- Ideally, I attacked after his jumping move that was easy to dodge and left a good window.

- Keep dodging and wait for an opening to use the claws.

- In the meantime, and when his energy bar starts flickering, use a feather to stop the regeneration.

- Dont be greedy, it will take like 5-6 minutes this way but seems to me safer that relying on pure parry reflexes.

- Once you learn the combos and when to move in, it is doable!

Edited by Tidal_Rider
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Tidal_Rider said:

For anyone that is sh*tty in the parring stuff (like me), I followed another approach with dodging (it still took me like 20-30 tries).

- Always be far away and when he starts his combo, dodge to the back diagonally.

- Wait for his combo to end and if you are close, follow-up with a 3 hit light attack.

- Ideally, I attacked after his jumping move that was easy to dodge and left a good window.

- Keep dodging and wait for an opening to use the claws.

- In the meantime, and when his energy bar starts flickering, use a feather to stop the regeneration.

- Dont be greedy, it will take like 5-6 minutes this way but seems to me safer that relying on pure parry reflexes.

- Once you learn the combos and when to move in, it is doable!

Good shout, I think the dodge method is good too because sometimes parrying can be a bit brutal with timing etc

A few things, not just for the tutorial boss, but for most bosses.

- Unlike souls games, the game pauses when you open the options menu. If you open the options menu before you die, quit, and continue, you start back before the boss with all of your health and potions.

- If with the tutorial boss going for the trophy, if you die before pausing and quiting (which can happen in 2 hits), immediately go back to the ps home menu and close the game, and restart it. So long as you do it before the next area loads then you will start in front of the boss with 0 health. Run back to the 'bonfire' to reset. This is much faster than restarting the whole level.

- With the tutorial boss, and many others, you need to learn the parry timings. Parrying makes the game significantly easier for humanoid bosses. They usually only have three or four melee movesets, and once you get the timing sorted, they become quite easy. It is a much better approach than dodging. I usually struggle with parrying in games, so if I can do it, anyone can. I will admit it took me a couple of hours to get the timing correct though.

Edited by littlelostkiwi
  • Like 2