How to get Lower Level Gear when Maxed

The Bush

Apparently with the new update, Investing in the Future is fixed, so now if you level up a piece of gear to 140, it should pop. 

I have a maxed out Iron Man and played a few missions but everything that dropped was 140. I just need something in the 130 range. Is there something easy I could do to to get slightly lower piece gear for me to upgrade? I haven’t played in so long I almost forget. 

I do have a 126 Thor but don’t feel like grinding him up to near 140 if I don’t have to. 

41 minutes ago, The Bush said:

Apparently with the new update, Investing in the Future is fixed, so now if you level up a piece of gear to 140, it should pop. 

I have a maxed out Iron Man and played a few missions but everything that dropped was 140. I just need something in the 130 range. Is there something easy I could do to to get slightly lower piece gear for me to upgrade? I haven’t played in so long I almost forget. 

I do have a 126 Thor but don’t feel like grinding him up to near 140 if I don’t have to. 

I haven't played this game in a while but if your Thor is 126 can't you just play with him and then get 130 gear that way? IIRC the vendors only sell the bare minimum to scrape you past the next power up.

Edited by Vault-TecPhantom

53 minutes ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

I haven't played this game in a while but if your Thor is 126 can't you just play with him and then get 130 gear that way? IIRC the vendors only sell the bare minimum to scrape you past the next power up.

Not necessarily, I’d have to save my 130 gear I get with Thor, then play as him until I unlock a piece of 140, then use the 140 to upgrade the 130 to 140 to get the trophy. 

With my Iron Man, all my gear is 140. If I get anything slightly lower, I could equip it, then use the 140 gear I already have to boost the lower gear up to 140. 

Basically, doing it with Iron Man would save me time if I can just find a lower piece, but everything I’m finding is 140. Worse come to worse, I can just play with Thor until I find a 140 gear, but will take me more time level him up to get to that point than if I just found one with Iron Man.