Rare Cicada

46 minutes ago, Shadowlord87 said:

Does anyone know if this (as well as the other Rare Animals/ Insects) has a specific spawn point, or is it just totally random?

Found everything else for Soul Rider, but this thing refuses to spawn.

They have set points but some have multiple points where they can spawn(there will usually be more than 1 of the same creature type on the map)

AWAY: The Survival Series - ALL RARE ANIMALS/INSECTS - YouTube

AWAY: The Survival Series - LOCATIONS I FOUND ALL RARE ANIMALS/INSECTS - YouTube

When I did the platinum I had to reset the exploration mode a few times because they stopped spawning all small critters entirely. So I would have to exit out and then restart it.

Edited by Sendai-Horatio

7 minutes ago, Sendai-Horatio said:

They have set points but some have multiple points where they can spawn(there will usually be more than 1 of the same creature type on the map)

AWAY: The Survival Series - ALL RARE ANIMALS/INSECTS - YouTube

AWAY: The Survival Series - LOCATIONS I FOUND ALL RARE ANIMALS/INSECTS - YouTube

Tried those locations initially, didn't have much joy with any of them really.

In typical fashion, I've just found the damn thing as well, on the green area, just to the northwest of where it says Shallow Marsh on the map (Tried clsoing the game and reloading, and it respawne din the exact same.

Try checking here if anyone else is struglging to find this one.

• 10 months later...

I am having a lot of trouble finding these rare spawns.  The videos don't help; none of the animals are where they claim to be.  I have three left: green lizard, purple mantis, and the golden beetle.  I was lucky enough to find the first seven naturally.

This is extrememly frustrating.  Any help is appreciated; just some tips or steer me in the right direction.  I've been doing the re-load trick; doesn't seem to help so far.

Thank you in advance!

23 minutes ago, Timmah200 said:

I am having a lot of trouble finding these rare spawns.  The videos don't help; none of the animals are where they claim to be.  I have three left: green lizard, purple mantis, and the golden beetle.  I was lucky enough to find the first seven naturally.

This is extrememly frustrating.  Any help is appreciated; just some tips or steer me in the right direction.  I've been doing the re-load trick; doesn't seem to help so far.

Thank you in advance!

I have a half finished trophy guide for this, which I've never gotten around to finishing due to losing most of it in a crash.

Rare Lizard spawns around the "S" of Sancuary Beach (as you look at it on the map)

Rare Mantis is North of West Creek Park. You'll see 2 collectibles next to each other on your map (assuming you've finsished the game), can be found to the right of these (its near a barbed wire fence)

Rare Beetle is found just north of Megalith Valley, near, or under the Whale Skeleton.

(I'd post screenshots, but I can never get them to work on here)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shadowlord87 said:

I have a half finished trophy guide for this, which I've never gotten around to finishing due to losing most of it in a crash.

Rare Lizard spawns around the "S" of Sancuary Beach (as you look at it on the map)

Rare Mantis is North of West Creek Park. You'll see 2 collectibles next to each other on your map (assuming you've finsished the game), can be found to the right of these (its near a barbed wire fence)

Rare Beetle is found just north of Megalith Valley, near, or under the Whale Skeleton.

(I'd post screenshots, but I can never get them to work on here)

No worries, thank you!

I'm going to dive back in soon and check these places.  Much appreciated!

EDIT: found two of the three.  I think I wasn't clear enough on golden beetle....the one I need has the two pincers on the front (maybe it's not a beetle?).  The beetles under the whale bones I already have.  Will keep looking.

Edited by Timmah200

19 hours ago, Timmah200 said:

No worries, thank you!

I'm going to dive back in soon and check these places.  Much appreciated!

EDIT: found two of the three.  I think I wasn't clear enough on golden beetle....the one I need has the two pincers on the front (maybe it's not a beetle?).  The beetles under the whale bones I already have.  Will keep looking.

King Stag Beetle?

South West of  Geo's Safe Dome, there's a sort of triangular shaped lake. There's what looks like a waterfall coming off this, its near the middle of this.(See below link, assuming it works)

Rare-King-Stag-Beetle-Location.jpg

Edited by Shadowlord87
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Shadowlord87 said:

King Stag Beetle?

South West of  Geo's Safe Dome, there's a sort of triangular shaped lake. There's what looks like a waterfall coming off this, its near the middle of this.(See below link, assuming it works)

Rare-King-Stag-Beetle-Location.jpg

Thank you so much!  I'll check it out and edit this post later today.

EDIT: Found it, right where you said it'd be!  Collection complete.  Thank you so much!  You've been a huge help.

I did write two guides for playstationtrophies.org, Torchlight 2 and Chasm.  So I understand the process and how tough it can be sometimes.  I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to help me out.

Edited by Timmah200