Question about the time trophies

ZitMeatloaf

The description for the first time trophy says "Make it past 1am." The clock in my game is at 1:05, but the trophy hasn't popped. Do I need to make it completely out of the 1:00 hour before the trophy pops? (If that's the case then the devs put in incorrect trophy descriptions). Did I do something wrong? Is this a glitch no one else has encountered?

I haven't seen anyone mention this on either stack of the game. I don't want the time trophies to be out of order. Any advice before I continue the game?

Edited by ZitMeatloaf

Have you had the scene that the trophy image and name (“Hey”) refers to yet?

There is a scene that will happen with the protagonist woman in the flat that will take control away for a few minutes - that’s when the trophy pops.

If you’ve seen that, and the trophy hasn’t popped, I think it’ll have glitched or something.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Have you had the scene that the trophy image and name (“Hey”) refers to yet?

There is a scene that will happen with the protagonist woman in the flat that will take control away for a few minutes - that’s when the trophy pops.

If you’ve seen that, and the trophy hasn’t popped, I think it’ll have glitched or something.

No, I haven't had that scene yet. I wonder if you need to watch a certain number of videos before the scene will play, even if it's past 1am?

If the trophy is tied to a cutscene I haven't had yet then I'm probably fine. Although I maintain that the devs put in a misleading trophy description!

Thanks for the info.

Edited by ZitMeatloaf
Typo
  • Like 1

Just now, ZitMeatloaf said:

No, I haven't had that scene yet. I wonder if you need to watch a certain number of videos before the scene will play, even if it's past 1am?

If the trophy is tied to a cutscene I haven't had yet than I'm probably fine. Although I maintain that the devs put in a misleading trophy description!

Thanks for the info.

Yes - I think you’re fine.

Bear in mind also - the time in the game isn’t actually tied to real time - it progresses based on how many NEW clips you’ve watched.

The 4am - 5am time could actually end up taking longer than the entire 12 - 4am time, as it gets harder and harder to find new ones!

Well now I've got a new issue that I hope won't mess up my playthrough.

First, the good news: the cutscene finally played and I got the first time trophy. Hooray!

Now the weird and potentially problematic news: I've already watched 71 videos.

I watched a bunch of videos after getting the cutscene information from @DrBloodmoney, figuring the game might require a minimum number of videos watched before the scene would play. I was getting into the story and just kept watching and watching... a few hours later I looked at the clock in the game and it was still stuck at 1:05 (with no cutscene and no corresponding trophy). I figure I'd watched an extra 30ish videos at this point on top of what I'd already watched before posting my original question. I looked at the stats screen and saw I'd watched 70 videos! Now I'm worried I won't have enough videos left in the game to make it to 5:30, which I think is when the "ending" happens.

I have both a PS4 and PS5 in my house. I briefly started the game on my PS4, then uploaded and transferred the save over to the PS5. The vast majority of video watching happened on my PS5. I wondered if maybe I'd found an issue where this particular PS4 game didn't play quite exactly as intended on a PS5 (like the fine print of every PS4 game says in the store). So I uploaded my save to the cloud again and transferred it back to the PS4, watched one more video (bringing my total to 71), and poof, the cutscene played and I got the first time trophy. The clock also advanced to 1:09 or something like that.

So consider this a potential warning against playing this game on a PS5. If the average remaining video length is around 3 minutes or so, I should have enough video time left to make it to 5:30, but of course I have no way of knowing that for sure. I guess I'll find out... my plan is to play the rest of the game on my PS4 to hopefully avoid any more problems. If anything else weird comes up or I run out of videos and can't finish the game, I'll post an update.

Wish me luck!

Edited by ZitMeatloaf
Typo

34 minutes ago, ZitMeatloaf said:

Well now I've got a new issue that I hope won't mess up my playthrough.

First, the good news: the cutscene finally played and I got the first time trophy. Hooray!

I watched a bunch of videos after getting the cutscene information from @DrBloodmoney, figuring the game might require a minimum number of videos watched before the scene would play. I was getting into the story and just kept watching and watching... a few hours later I looked at the clock in the game and it was still stuck at 1:05 (with no cutscene and no corresponding trophy). I figure I'd watched an extra 30ish videos at this point on top of what I'd already watched before posting my original question. I looked at the stats screen and saw I'd watched 70 videos! Now I'm worried I won't have enough videos left in the game to make it to 5:30, which I think is when the "ending" happens.

I have both a PS4 and PS5 in my house. I briefly started the game on my PS4, then uploaded and transferred the save over to the PS5. The vast majority of video watching happened on my PS5. I wonder if maybe I'd found an issue where this particular PS4 game didn't play quite exactly as intended on a PS5 (like the fine print of every PS4 game says in the store). So I uploaded my save to the cloud again and transferred it back to the PS4, watched one more video (bringing my total to 71), and poof, the cutscene played and I got the first time trophy. The clock also advanced to 1:09 or something like that.

So consider this a potential warning against playing this game on a PS5. If the average remaining video length is around 3 minutes or so, I should have enough video time left to make it to 5:30, but of course I have no way of knowing that for sure. I guess I'll find out... my plan is play the rest of the game on my PS4 to hopefully avoid any more problems. If anything else weird comes up or I run out of videos and can't finish the game, I'll post an update.

Wish me luck!

I played this on PS5.

There is nothing wrong with it running on PS5 - everything unlocked as it should.

The timer has nothing to do with actual time, or the lengths of the clips.

There is over 10hours of clips, and they can ALL be watched in full, before the timer hits 5:30, and you leave - and since you start at midnight, that clearly shows that the timer is a narrative device, not an actual deadline.

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I played this on PS5.

There is nothing wrong with it running on PS5 - everything unlocked as it should.

Maybe transferring the save file from PS4 to PS5 caused a problem then? I have no idea. Do you remember if you had to watch anywhere near that number of videos before the scene played, or if your clock got stuck on your playthrough?

Just now, ZitMeatloaf said:

Maybe transferring the save file from PS4 to PS5 caused a problem then? I have no idea. Do you remember if you had to watch anywhere near that number of videos before the scene played, or if your clock got stuck on your playthrough?

You are putting way too much thought into the in-game clock. It is purely a narrative device - you do not need to think about it at all.

It will not force you to finish at any point, nor will it fail to reach the end - it is simply a way for the game to mark your progress, and split up the meta-narrative appropriately.

3 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

You are putting way too much thought into the in-game clock. It is purely a narrative device - you do not need to think about it at all.

It will not force you to finish at any point, nor will it fail to reach the end - it is simply a way for the game to mark your progress, and split up the meta-narrative appropriately.

I hope you're right. The sheer number of videos I watched still seems weird to me. Also, now that I've watched a few more on PS4 the clock advances with each video, which wasn't happening for a long time.

But I guess I won't worry about it unless it becomes another problem. I appreciate all the feedback.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 8/28/2022 at 8:43 AM, ZitMeatloaf said:

a few hours later I looked at the clock in the game and it was still stuck at 1:05

I wonder how the game translates videos watched into passing time? This is baffling to me because I made it past 5am and got the option to upload after only watching 76 videos. I was honestly surprised it even let me reach that point considering there are about 100 more videos available.

Obviously it has nothing to do with the length of the videos themselves. But I did find some pretty major plot points that probably would have negated the information from previous videos. I wonder if clips with more plot revelations are coded to pass more time. A simpler alternative is that the later videos are just worth more time due to the nature of the game.