Those damn challenges

dominuss26

So it has been one of the worst gaming experiences that made me hate this otherwise lovely game. I put it aside for two years because of challenges like big air in china which sucked so hard. Now I am left with the last two and I don't recall theres a move to jump higher than normal jump but in the battle against time videos I'm seeing coopercurse jumps straight away to the under carriage, while I find myself chasing Dr m until time runs out. Same thing with the gauntlet - my jump is quite short compared to the videos and I find myself losing alot. 

Any tips would be appreciated. Need to be done and over with this title once and for all. 

The challenges sucked my enjoyment of this game. Sly 2 already forced you to watch unskippable cutscenes, and Sucker Punch made the series worse with each incarnation. 

Apparently Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, developed by a different company, didn’t get very good sales or reception which definitely explains why this Sony franchise is practically dead.

Sorry, but it’s been years since I done the challenges so I would be of little help.

So these are my personal tips for anyone who's coming in here later on since the memory of those sucky challenges is fresh in my memory and I find the guide lacking in this section:

Big Air in China - Getting to the first marker is the hardest, since there's an opening in the building's south side that lets you jump to the roof and it's accessible best from the platform near the building. Bad description but you'll know what I mean if you'll see it. The last marker annoyed me so much since I couldn't manage to get Murray to jump that high. What you do is jump/bounce as high as you can near the last marker and then when you're seemingly at the top press L (or L1 or whatever the equivalent of the Vita's L button) to get out of ball form. Murray will grab the ledge and then damn challenge will be over.

Tsao Showdown - Remember this combo - Triangle Triangle Triangle Circle. This will push attack Tsao. Get very close to him as much as you can and spam those attacks. If you get behind him quickly do Triangle and Square to silent obliterate one shot him.

Last Ship Sailing - You need 5, but the challenge won't end when you get 5. Just defeat 5 and get taken down.

Road Rage - That damn challenge. Wonderful tip Thanks to a text walkthrough I found - Jump down from the ramp at the middle of the course and stay just shy left of where the cars land. Don't move. When a car lands it won't have time to attack you and all you have to do is spam R (or the equivalent R1 w/e)

Battle Against Time - This isn't foolproof, and Took me a long time to figure out, Because Dr. M was always flying higher than I could grab. As the challenge starts RUN to him with R and jump to jump higher than usual, then press circle and hope it grabs the spider. Otherwise you'll have to chase him and hope time doesn't run out. Remember the push attacks from previous tips? (Triangle Triangle Tiangle Circle)? These are your best friends here. Once you get him down to the center and hid behind the vehicle he blows up with the laser, spam those push attacks. If he throws electricity at you (second phase) run and spiral jump on the lasers so that the electricity falls away and go back to spamming push attacks on him.

I've only one challenge left, and it's that damn Gauntlet. One move You'll probably want to use in that one is the high jump (Triangle Triangle Triangle X).

Wish me luck.

*Edit*

Oh my god I finally did it. The Ultimate Gauntlet was actually not as bad as some might think. It was long, it demanded a few dozen retries and advancing your skills little by little, but eventually I got it. And the platinum.

The gauntlet's time countdown apparently is for people to compete over speedruns for this level. While it took me 9:25 to finish, and the times wasn't even at 25%, the world record for the Gauntlet is 1:49 or something.

One tip I can give you (aside from don't rush and always break boxes with hope of finding health), is use the long jump for the starting jumps - equip the feral pounce, stand at the beginning platform, press L to pounce, and in the middle of the pounce press jump. This is the long jump. Aim for the furthest floating box. Then at the end of the sequence before you reach the next button there are two more floating boxes going in a circle. Jump to the close one with double jump, and then - long jump to the platform, forget about the second box.

That's it for the tips from me. Finally Sly trilogy be done.

Edited by dominuss26
Had more tips to share.
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...