Do collectables stay saved?

Manilu-08

• 9 months later...
6 hours ago, remainpositive said:

I'm not very sure what you mean by "stay saved", from my understanding, every playthrough is seperate, so if you start hard mode, you are starting a brand new game with nothing, no collectibles, pages, etc.. just on hard mode instead.

Given the importance of remembering everything in Hardmode I would like to do two consecutive playthroughs and since the Master Archivist trophy shares collectibles between games I wanted to know if I could finish everything in The Dark Descent and then move on to the other two games. If you say they are lost by starting hardmode I have to collect them in the other games first. Thank you.

• 3 months later...
On 6/28/2023 at 4:07 AM, Manilu-08 said:

Given the importance of remembering everything in Hardmode I would like to do two consecutive playthroughs and since the Master Archivist trophy shares collectibles between games I wanted to know if I could finish everything in The Dark Descent and then move on to the other two games. If you say they are lost by starting hardmode I have to collect them in the other games first. Thank you.

Hi Manilu did you ever figure this out?I just finished Dark Descent and then immediately started Hard Mode afterwards to get that trophy out of the way. I’m about 5 mins in when it crossed my mind that I may have erased

all my progress towards Master Archivist.😕

Edit: Hmm ok to answer my own question, I just found this over at TrueAchievements:

spacer.png

Luckily I hadn’t saved yet in Hard Mode, so I quit out and selected ‘Continue’ to make sure my active save file was still the one in the Orb Chamber from my collectibles run. It was. I guess to play it safe I’ll just save the TDD Hard Mode run for last.

Edited by dieselmanchild
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

Ciao Manilu, ci sei mai riuscito? Ho appena finito Dark Descent e subito dopo ho avviato la modalità Difficile per togliermi di mezzo quel trofeo. Erano trascorsi circa 5 minuti quando mi è passato per la mente che avrei potuto cancellare

tutti i miei progressi verso Master Archivist. 😕

Modifica: Hmm ok per rispondere alla mia domanda, ho appena trovato questo su TrueAchievements:

spacer.png

Fortunatamente non avevo ancora salvato in modalità Difficile, quindi sono uscito e ho selezionato "Continua" per assicurarmi che il mio file di salvataggio attivo fosse ancora quello nella Camera dell'Orb dalla mia corsa di oggetti da collezione. Era. Immagino che per andare sul sicuro salverò la modalità TDD Hard per ultima.

Thanks for sharing. This summer I collected collectibles in Justine and Pigs. I plan to do Dark Descent next year. I hope it will pop.