Glitched titles - didn't get it despite fulfilling requirement

SH06UN5126

I was just boosting this with a friend, and for some reason when we were doing the shot exchanges I didn't get title "Wimpier than he thinks - Lose a shot exchange in a battle".

I definitely know that I should have gotten this because my friend won one off me to get his "Super Power" title. We even tried for it again and I didn't get it.

Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience. Thanks.

6 minutes ago, SH06UN5126 said:

I was just boosting this with a friend, and for some reason when we were doing the shot exchanges I didn't get title "Wimpier than he thinks - Lose a shot exchange in a battle".

I definitely know that I should have gotten this because my friend won one off me to get his "Super Power" title. We even tried for it again and I didn't get it.

Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience. Thanks.

That's weird. It should pop easily. Try switching places relative to whoever created the game session.

9 minutes ago, Desavenencia said:

That's weird. It should pop easily. Try switching places relative to whoever created the game session.

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah, it's a bit strange. I speculated that it might have been because I didn't touch the stick while they got their win, but we disproved that the next time we tried.
Could also have had something to do with our connection, but I'm not sure about that. Also, I got the "Lose a blow exchange" title just fine, so it might have just glitched out for me.

Didn't get a chance to switch places tonight, they had to go. Will try next time we get together.

7 minutes ago, SH06UN5126 said:

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah, it's a bit strange. I speculated that it might have been because I didn't touch the stick while they got their win, but we disproved that the next time we tried.
Could also have had something to do with our connection, but I'm not sure about that. Also, I got the "Lose a blow exchange" title just fine, so it might have just glitched out for me.

Didn't get a chance to switch places tonight, they had to go. Will try next time we get together.

Let me know if it worked for you when you try again.

On 06/09/2022 at 10:35 PM, Desavenencia said:

Let me know if it worked for you when you try again.

So I was able to boost this with another player not long ago.

I had another thought that it might have been because I needed to start up my ultimate first and then lose. The first player I boosted with always started their ultimate first.

Was able to test that out by getting the other player to always start up their ultimate first and I would follow. It resulted in the same thing. I got the win and the 3 pulled off in a match, but no loss. But what was also strange was that my partner didn't get the win. They only had the loss and the 3 pulled off in a match. So we switched to me starting off and them following, but nothing.

What worked in the end was what you suggested. Getting them to host instead so we'd switch places. I should note that this player and I have a really good connection, since we're in the same country. I had a bad connection with the first player but got the same thing initially regardless, so seems like it's something weird in the game's logic relying on player 1/player 2 for specific things.

EDIT: I should also note that before this last boost I actually deleted my save, so I was starting again fresh. It wasn't a massive loss, as I'd only just started and had something like only 12 titles (all online). I actually had the online titles done in July but my hard drive died not long ago and I lost my progress, so I needed to get some back so I could get the 100 titles trophy eventually. But when this happened the first time, I thought that maybe my save was somehow bugged and other titles could potentially get glitched as well, so I started again just in case.

Edited by SH06UN5126
Extra info
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/8/2022 at 4:48 PM, SH06UN5126 said:

So I was able to boost this with another player not long ago.

I had another thought that it might have been because I needed to start up my ultimate first and then lose. The first player I boosted with always started their ultimate first.

Was able to test that out by getting the other player to always start up their ultimate first and I would follow. It resulted in the same thing. I got the win and the 3 pulled off in a match, but no loss. But what was also strange was that my partner didn't get the win. They only had the loss and the 3 pulled off in a match. So we switched to me starting off and them following, but nothing.

What worked in the end was what you suggested. Getting them to host instead so we'd switch places. I should note that this player and I have a really good connection, since we're in the same country. I had a bad connection with the first player but got the same thing initially regardless, so seems like it's something weird in the game's logic relying on player 1/player 2 for specific things.

EDIT: I should also note that before this last boost I actually deleted my save, so I was starting again fresh. It wasn't a massive loss, as I'd only just started and had something like only 12 titles (all online). I actually had the online titles done in July but my hard drive died not long ago and I lost my progress, so I needed to get some back so I could get the 100 titles trophy eventually. But when this happened the first time, I thought that maybe my save was somehow bugged and other titles could potentially get glitched as well, so I started again just in case.

I'm glad to hear that my suggestion worked.

It also seems a fact to take into consideration that you have deleted the data of your saved game, since that probably had something to do with your problem.

I have never experienced any bugs in this game though, but that possibility should not be ruled out either.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Desavenencia said:

I'm glad to hear that my suggestion worked.

It also seems a fact to take into consideration that you have deleted the data of your saved game, since that probably had something to do with your problem.

I have never experienced any bugs in this game though, but that possibility should not be ruled out either.

Yeah, thanks very much for that suggestion. I'm done with the required online titles now and my save is safely in the cloud.

I should also note that back when I did this the first time I didn't seem to have any problems with these titles. Although, it's entirely possible that it did happen and I didn't see it.

As well, although I did note deleting the save and it might have caused something, I can't see how it could possibly. I was working off a fresh install and a fresh save the first time this happened, and only off a fresh save the second time. My partner needed to get titles after falling victim to the whole "needing to back out to the menu for things to save" thing (so they weren't working off a fresh save, like I was), and the inverse of my problem occurred for them. That would lead to me to believe that it could happen to anyone.

... but I feel like I'm reading into things too hard now lol

I just hope this thread helps anyone else who might see the same issue. Thanks again for the suggestion. It would have bugged me slightly not getting that title.