"Ultra Save Scumming" - The Ultimate Rerolling Method for Kaycee's Mod

Umdytr

I found this information at the bottom of a page after going through an entire rabbit hole of Google docs providing info on the game, and since it's a huge boon for anyone looking to optimize a challenge run (Skull Storm especially) I figured I'd bring it to the forefront so that more people will be aware of it.

https://sites.google.com/view/kaycees-mod-general-info/cheats/save-scum

Ultra save scumming

1. Start the battle and view your starting hand

2. Exit to the KCM main menu by using the “Start Screen” card in the pause menu

3. Exit to the base game by using the “Exit Mod” option in the KCM main menu

4. Use the chapter select (the SD card button) to start a new base game save

5. Exit to the main menu by using the “Start Screen” card in the pause menu

6. Use the red skull button to return to the KCM main menu

7. Continue your run

Now, the above text introduces this method as a way of rerolling your top deck for a battle, which on its own is already huge (and it also alters the enemy's cards and totem) - but the applications of this are so much more than that. You get to reroll everything from the upcoming nodes on your map.

Say your next node is the Woodcarver but the totem heads/bases she's giving you are garbage. Exit the game, follow the above instructions, continue your run, and boom, brand new selection of totem pieces - rinse and repeat until you get the desired result.

Getting a bad card selection from a Trader node and want to be offered different ones? Same thing. Got a Health Campfire but would rather have the Attack variety? Same thing. The list goes on.

As you can tell from the instructions, this only takes a few seconds per reroll (you can quit the New Game as soon as Leshy starts talking) and it could really change how your playthrough's gonna go. So the next time you're doing an ultra tight challenge run and you want to optimize the outcome of any of its steps, do keep it in mind.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
On 9/9/2022 at 2:19 PM, Umdytr said:

I found this information at the bottom of a page after going through an entire rabbit hole of Google docs providing info on the game, and since it's a huge boon for anyone looking to optimize a challenge run (Skull Storm especially) I figured I'd bring it to the forefront so that more people will be aware of it.

https://sites.google.com/view/kaycees-mod-general-info/cheats/save-scum

Now, the above text introduces this method as a way of rerolling your top deck for a battle, which on its own is already huge (and it also alters the enemy's cards and totem) - but the applications of this are so much more than that. You get to reroll everything from the upcoming nodes on your map.

Say your next node is the Woodcarver but the totem heads/bases she's giving you are garbage. Exit the game, follow the above instructions, continue your run, and boom, brand new selection of totem pieces - rinse and repeat until you get the desired result.

Getting a bad card selection from a Trader node and want to be offered different ones? Same thing. Got a Health Campfire but would rather have the Attack variety? Same thing. The list goes on.

As you can tell from the instructions, this only takes a few seconds per reroll (you can quit the New Game as soon as Leshy starts talking) and it could really change how your playthrough's gonna go. So the next time you're doing an ultra tight challenge run and you want to optimize the outcome of any of its steps, do keep it in mind.

Is it important to use Chapter Select?
I tried this Method by hitting the Continue Button (as a new Game is unavailable, as we know), but it doesn´t worked for me.
Maybe I was doing it wrong, and its necessary to start the Game by Chapter Select, to reroll?
Thought it could be fixed, but with the Chapter Info, i have hope, that it was my mistake.

I will try.

On 10/10/2023 at 9:42 AM, MrHealthy said:

@DragonSlayer2007 Yes you need to use chapter select. You press triangle on the title screen to access chapter select, not the new game button. Then you select the tutorial (first on the left) option.

So i tried the Reroll Method again, but my problem now is, that i cant use Chapter Select anymore.

Maybe it´s because I accidentally started the Game without Chapter Selection?!
I cant use the "New Game" Button, only "continue" and the Game starts right from the Start, like i would play the Game for the first Time.
So there is no saved Game at all, but somehow my mistake locked the Chapter Selection.

So it seems to be very important to NOT use the New Game or Continue Button, as this locks the Chapter Selecion and you cant use the Reroll Method anymore.

Edited by DragonSlayer2007