LAN EXPLOIT RDR Online How To

EnzoFerrari08

I just got the game and want to grind out the lvl 50 as fast as possible, I read about the LAN exploit, I tired it for the first time and at the spot I was at said I should be getting 1,000 exp minimum but I was only getting 400. I was just wondering is the exploit gone? Am I doing it wrong I don't update the game I go into story then LAN, or is it I am doing the hideout way to slow for good exp.

If anyone can help or give some tips on how to do it properly.

Or do I just play online to get every other trophy and hopefully level up over that time?

Please let me know

• 2 months later...
On 9/15/2022 at 8:41 PM, EnzoFerrari08 said:

I just got the game and want to grind out the lvl 50 as fast as possible, I read about the LAN exploit, I tired it for the first time and at the spot I was at said I should be getting 1,000 exp minimum but I was only getting 400. I was just wondering is the exploit gone? Am I doing it wrong I don't update the game I go into story then LAN, or is it I am doing the hideout way to slow for good exp.

If anyone can help or give some tips on how to do it properly.

Or do I just play online to get every other trophy and hopefully level up over that time?

Please let me know

So this can work with either the unpatched base game or the GOTY edition, though you get different XP multipliers in each. Here's how you set it up:

1. Disconnect your PS3 from the wifi and sign out of PSN, then hook it up to a computer with an Ethernet cable to create a private network (if you're playing the base game, you'll need to delete your multiplayer data file as well - don't bother with this if you're over level 40, not worth it at that point).
  2. Start up the game, enter singleplayer mode, then enter a LAN mode private multiplayer free roam from the Multiplayer submenu of the main menu there.
  3. From here on out, you should be getting 2x/3x XP from all cleared hideouts - I recommend Pike's Basin for grinding.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/12/2022 at 4:38 PM, Xillynoc said:

So this can work with either the unpatched base game or the GOTY edition, though you get different XP multipliers in each. Here's how you set it up:

1. Disconnect your PS3 from the wifi and sign out of PSN, then hook it up to a computer with an Ethernet cable to create a private network (if you're playing the base game, you'll need to delete your multiplayer data file as well - don't bother with this if you're over level 40, not worth it at that point).
  2. Start up the game, enter singleplayer mode, then enter a LAN mode private multiplayer free roam from the Multiplayer submenu of the main menu there.
  3. From here on out, you should be getting 2x/3x XP from all cleared hideouts - I recommend Pike's Basin for grinding.

Is this i  accordance with SONY's an Rockstars's Terms Of Service? Can you get banned for doing this? 

Also, can you patch the game afterwards and carry over unlockables and rank? 

2 hours ago, Seamndel said:

Is this i  accordance with SONY's an Rockstars's Terms Of Service? Can you get banned for doing this? 

Also, can you patch the game afterwards and carry over unlockables and rank? 

Well, I did it all the way to level 50 without being banned or receiving notice of a ban, which means it was either never against the rules to begin with or they just do not care about enforcing rules on a 13 year old PS3 game. So go nuts!

And I believe if you're playing with a base physical copy of the game, reinstalling the patch will preserve your acquired collectables and rank, yes - though you should copy your saved data somewhere first.

• Like 1