Trophy Thoughts?

xl-Kyo-lx

16 minutes ago, II-BurnedSins-II said:

Ohh I see, looks i screwed up myself then because i ran into him constantly 1f606.png, Will try it again then today and see if i have a different outcome this time and will try my best to avoid him, Thanks.

I see, Yeah i got myself to interact with Ted about his comics etc and then he mentions stuff about lilk but i never went back to him on Day 3 i think it was so yeah but if its bugged then there's no reason to try it even.

I'm glad that at least chapter select will come in the next patch, who knows when the next patch drops that is, could be weeks/months for all we know.

Yeah, don't worry about Iilk Fan right now. Currently I've been unable to get him to continue that on day 3 (even when he's in his room drawing he has no automatic dialogue and nothing new can be said to him).

2 minutes ago, zadorvp said:

Yeah, don't worry about Iilk Fan right now. Currently I've been unable to get him to continue that on day 3 (even when he's in his room drawing he has no automatic dialogue and nothing new can be said to him).

I see, then i will go after Adventure & Balancing The Books (just to try it and see if it works, probably not but yeah lol) and then put the others aside for now.

12 hours ago, zadorvp said:

For Balancing the Books, the exact requirements are unclear. kittcoldfire and amistury2 did not recall if they did anything specific outside of kittcoldfire's video guide for it, but that did not personally work for me. Could be a case of a buggy trigger or indeed require extra steps. Personally Mr Pettigrew's 5 dollars dialogue would make the most sense due to the trophy description but it may be completely unrelated and unnecessary. To get the dialogue with Mr Pettigrew, you have to talk to him in his office on day 2 at around 2:30 PM. You do *not* get this option if you talk to him outside the office first, so you have to avoid running into him before he enters his office. I personally just screwed that part up yesterday when trying to test if he'd help me unlock the trophy when I was going for Magnetic and Florist's Apprentice at the same time xD

Sorry for quoting on this again but my brain can't comprehend this anymore, I'm only going after useless runs.

Got the 5 dollar dialogue with Pettigrew, he told me that i need to ask 5 dollars by Mrs B, but in all Day 2 and even Day 3 i saw no dialogue options by her, It was all the same.

Honestly idk what to do anymore, I'm just tired of wasting time and Its probably even worser for you and kittcoldfire and amistury2

4 minutes ago, II-BurnedSins-II said:

Sorry for quoting on this again but my brain can't comprehend this anymore, I'm only going after useless runs.

Got the 5 dollar dialogue with Pettigrew, he told me that i need to ask 5 dollars by Mrs B, but in all Day 2 and even Day 3 i saw no dialogue options by her, It was all the same.

Honestly idk what to do anymore, I'm just tired of wasting time and Its probably even worser for you and kittcoldfire and amistury2

I've never had an option to ask her for it either, but it's the only 5 dollars in the game they talk about. Did you still go on to get the book as a gift from Mr Avery and use "Wow" at the end dialogue with him? That is the end trigger for the trophy.

Just now, zadorvp said:

I've never had an option to ask her for it either, but it's the only 5 dollars in the game they talk about. Did you still go on to get the book as a gift from Mr Avery and use "Wow" at the end dialogue with him? That is the end trigger for the trophy.

Yeah i can do that again but the last 2 times when i did that it didn't trigger the trophy at all, I don't get it anymore, Is it obtainable or bugged?

2 hours ago, II-BurnedSins-II said:

Yeah i can do that again but the last 2 times when i did that it didn't trigger the trophy at all, I don't get it anymore, Is it obtainable or bugged?

It is obtainable, but it may be bugged as well since two people have it and they don't recall doing anything special outside of Mr Avery interactions... or it may require extra steps they don't remember doing (perhaps even specific dialogue options with Mr Avery before the end of day 3).

Yeah this game needs a lot (and i mean a lot) of fixing, I literally ended up breaking the game, Lily was about to go back to the Nurse's office with Casey and when she was about to enter it the whole game didn't function anymore, It still did its bit and pieces (like animation) and even the clock goes forward but for the rest nothing is doable, It was already 8pm by the time i just went back to the main menu and then went back to starting day 1 again.

Edited by II-BurnedSins-II

sorry I thought I had mentioned before, in speaking with the devs, they confirmed white lie, and illick or whatever it is are bugged and can't be obtained right now, I'm testing something with careful with your words, they say it SHOULD be achievable, but it has a very tight timing... so yeah, fun times lol

• Like 2

4 hours ago, kittcoldfire said:

sorry I thought I had mentioned before, in speaking with the devs, they confirmed white lie, and illick or whatever it is are bugged and can't be obtained right now, I'm testing something with careful with your words, they say it SHOULD be achievable, but it has a very tight timing... so yeah, fun times lol

Looks like then that we are gonna need to wait until a patch comes out for those both trophies, success with Careful With Your Words tho.

9 hours ago, kittcoldfire said:

You had mentioned it but I had misunderstood that they were bugged the same way the books, etc are (as in, achievable but the story path can bug and prevent completion). It's Iilk, which means "eel" so just replace the first two E with I and add a K to the end :)

Good luck with the Careful With Your Words. I'll be very interested to know if it's related the Joni letters or to Dr Bouchard or something else entirely xD

On 9/30/2022 at 2:59 AM, kittcoldfire said:

also just posted this guide on how to get Teenage Ghoul

1f3c6.png

Any idea on what other conversations you need to have/avoid? I peek in the TV room in the morning and have followed the steps for the first conversation, but when I go back at 3pm she asks me about the ship instead of talking to Falk. Do I need more info on Falk or more time with Esther?

8 hours ago, Risso1980 said:

Any idea on what other conversations you need to have/avoid? I peek in the TV room in the morning and have followed the steps for the first conversation, but when I go back at 3pm she asks me about the ship instead of talking to Falk. Do I need more info on Falk or more time with Esther?

I think you just need to have exhausted all your dialogue choices with Esther before, just spend time with her and do all the talking prompts, ask about the ship, joni, falk etc. That way when 3pm comes around that should be the only thing she's talking about

• 1 month later...

UPDATE: Patch just went live yesterday for consoles (PS5 & Xbox Series X/S)

You should now able to get all the trophies for the game. 

For players on other consoles, I can confirm the 1.0.4 patch is also live on Xbox (and Switch, too). The PS4 patches are trailing a little, but I expect them to go live pretty soon, too.

44 minutes ago, kittcoldfire said:

hey! they posted a new patch for the game, fixes the 3 remaining trophies that were bugged, I'll make videos on how to get them tonight!

Congrats on being the first person to get the platinum for the game! 

Got my platinum last night. I wanna thank everyone that has helped searching and finding the correct things and dialogue throughout the whole game, I'm sure i wouldn't have found it all by myself because it looked complex and difficult and I'm not the smartest actually haha. Anyhow, anyone that still wanna go for the plat can now do it! @kittcoldfire Has made awesome videos to guide you to your ultimate victory and to get that platinum in hands!

I just wanna say in short that this game was actually pretty interesting, even though we ran into some bugs or glitches, the developers were on it immediately, although it took a while ofcourse to push the patches out I'm glad we waited until it was done, anyhow it was an amazing experience to go through and everyone goodluck on getting the platinum! 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hello. Thanks to all for your efforts in understanding how to get the trophies. I'm currently writing a guide to make it easier for people to get the platinum trophy. It took quite some time to put all the pieces together and find an optimized walkthrough. Though I'm missing Oblivious. I avoided all discussions I could and when I talked to mom I could only talk about the view and Lily but still didn't get it. Does someone have more information on it?

Edited by Wyz94

I figured it out. I suppose it was because I was in the abandoned crew quarters on my first try. I probably heard about it via the intercom. I got the trophy by staying near Tomi's room. The guide is awaiting review.

Edited by Wyz94

• 3 months later...

I’m not actually playing this game on playstation but I’ve been following the guide here. I’ve been struggling with “The Goat” and I don’t know if someone could help me? I’ve been sitting with Esther when she’s doing her crossword on Day 1 and she never mentions a goat at all? I don’t know if there’s something I’m missing with this one?

• 1 month later...
On 17.4.2023 at 0:05 AM, queen_malevolent said:

I’m not actually playing this game on playstation but I’ve been following the guide here. I’ve been struggling with “The Goat” and I don’t know if someone could help me? I’ve been sitting with Esther when she’s doing her crossword on Day 1 and she never mentions a goat at all? I don’t know if there’s something I’m missing with this one?

I've just spent a lot of time with Esther for the Teenage Ghoul trophy. For me, she did the crosswords around 9am not mentioning the goat. Then she walked off to talk to Mr. Pruess around maybe 10am. When she comes back, she continues the crosswords. And at 10.54am she mentioned the goat and then you say... That's it!.

The guide gives you the impression she'd mention the goat before 9.30-ish but it's much later.

To the trophy "Teenage Ghoul":

On 11.10.2022 at 7:02 AM, Risso1980 said:

Also I found the guide (and also the video shared in this thread) not really precise and detailed enough in explaining what you need to do. Non say the window of opportunity is when Mr Avery leaves to talk to Mr. Pruess and comes back. I was confused when I was there at 3.00pm and Mr. Avery walked in, me thinking I missed the window. Nor does the video play out the whole conversation and makes edits (seen when you look at the clock), making you think Esther should lead with talking about/to Mr Falk.

Here is how I got it, with a mix of guide, the YT video and what I figured out through the devs Discord:
Day 1 or 2 you can trigger a conversation with Esther about Mr. Falk's ghost and her gift (to talk to ghosts):

• Say...
  • Ask Esther about her strange behaviour
  • Like, God and stuff?
  • You can speak with ghosts?
  • Is it something to do with Mr. Falk?
  • Say...
  • What are you sick with?
  • Talk about school
  • Ask about the head line
  • Say thanks?
  • Okay

Day 2 (I didn't sit with Esther in the TV room as the guide suggests, so that's optional I believe as long as you talked with Esther about ghosts & Mr. Falk)

• Go to Esther's room when Joe brings her in her room (before around 2.30-2-40pm)
  • Peek into the room
  • Mr. Avery will show up around 2:55pm and waits for Joe to leave
  • Listen to Esther's and Mr. Avery's conversation about the German woman, and Esther will know you're peeking and calls you out, Casey will automatically walk in the room and you'll be asked about the "mystery madame" answer:
  • Who?
  • (you leave with Mr. Avery) choose STAY HERE
  • quickly Visit Esther (to enter the room again)
  • Is everything alright?
  • I'll just sit here with you
  • (now you have to be quick with your answers as she didn't start with Hugo (Mr. Falk) but rather asking Casey questions)
  • It's okay
  • The nurses seem pretty busy
  • (Esther will quickly start another conversation, still not about Hugo)
  • If it's not a hospital, what is it?
  • (Esther then finally talks about Hugo)
  • What did you hear?
  • Play along
  • Keep playing along
  • It was just me

The mistake I made, is I didn't finish any of the other two conversations in time, before Mr. Avery returned, to trigger her talking about Hugo Falk. The window for her to talk to Hugo Falk is so very tiny, which is kind of annoying. Anyway, with how I have written it above, I managed to be quick enough.

Here is also a video of how it plays out:

Edited by CatVonBee
YouTube Link added