Can connect with my US account (alt), can't connect with my AUS account (main)

And for the life of me I can't figure out why. I've tried both accounts on my Slim PS3 and my Super Slim PS3, wired and wifi connections, NAT 2 and Open NAT connections, and the result is the same each time:

My alt account connects to the EA servers on the second attempt;

My main account fails to connect.

I've accepted the EA terms and conditions via an old game already, and the game isn't freezing (I can play the campaign offline just fine with my main), but it just continually fails to connect to the EA servers. Is the cause as simple as my main account being registered as Australian? Has anyone who has had this issue managed to find a way around it?

Edited by Jozxyqk_27

For anyone who winds up in a similar situation to me, I can confirm that after well over 100 attempts and a LOT of hours of experimentation, I finally managed to connect to the EA servers with my Australian account on three random occasions.

I believe there were two significant factors that helped me, though keep in mind these factors could be coincidental and circumstantial:

• Deleting my install/patch data, resetting the console, and reinstalling it just before a series of connection attempts seemed to coincide with success;
  • Deleting all but 1 of my save files (i.e. the most recent one).

I had an Open NAT the whole time too which may have helped, though my US alt account on a console without an Open NAT connected easily every time, so take that for what it's worth.

• Like 1