Game Freezing

Lorabella

Hi all, just wondering if anyone else is having issues with their game freezing?

I had zero issues with the game until this week, and my game is fully updated to the latest version. I'm playing on PS5.

I can't seem to finish Silk Cradle because my game keeps freezing in the dungeon. I usually get about half way or towards the end of the dungeon, but I can't seem to make it all the way to the Bishop without it freezing. At first it was happening on the tiles with a follower to save, but now its happening on any random tile. But only in Silk Cradle, I can play through the other dungeons without it freezing.

I know I also have the Tarot card bug, as I can't get the trophy to pop for that either (but I'm not worried about that one, I'll just do another playthrough sometime in the future when its patched to get that trophy).

I'm just frustrated because I can't even finish the story to see the ending.

Has anyone else had this issue? Did you find a way to fix it? Would uninstalling the game and reinstalling it help at all? Should I just delete my save file and start again? Or just put the game aside and wait until the next patch?

12 minutes ago, BusyFace13 said:

I also had the game soft-lock in Silk Cradle literally every time I was fighting to rescue a follower. It seemed like an enemy was stuck off screen that I couldn't defeat. In the end I just avoided those tiles completely.

Yes! That soft-lock with an enemy off screen was definitely happening to me on the tiles with a follower. But at least it wasn't frozen, so even though I couldn't continue, I could press L2 and leave the dungeon with my loot.

But now I'm avoiding the follower tiles, and my game has started freezing instead. A full on freeze where the whole game just stops, it can be frozen mid battle, and the only thing still going is the background music - visually everything is just frozen. Pressing L2 doesn't work, and the only thing I can do is to go back to the PS5 home screen and force close the game, losing all my progress since my last save (I usually save before I go into a dungeon, so I haven't lost too much).

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one having these issues, but also sad to know that its happening to others too. I hope it gets patched soon, because I love this game and really want to finish it.

On 12/10/2022 at 0:11 PM, LazHimself said:

Just had it freeze twice when building a new bed. One before latest patch, one after. Then it froze while loading. Not sure what's going on. Gonna wait a bit to continue I think.

Yeah, I decided to take a break. I'll come back to it in a month and try again.

• 9 months later...

It has been a year since the game came out so I went to give it a go. Did 3 runs and it freezes whenever I talk to my followers after performing a sermon. Looks like people are saying it gets worse over time so that's a bummer. I'm assuming others still have problems with this?

I wonder if the ps4 version is more stable...

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
5 minutes ago, Yakooza said:

Is this game fixed for ps5 ? are still buggy ? performance/stability issues ? I want to go for plat, but without bugs :)

I did this a while ago, and I had a little mini freeze every time the time switched from day to night in the base, but never an actual freeze. Like, it would freeze for like 1-2 seconds and then go to normal. 

It never happened during the roguelikes fighting section so it was fine imo. 

• Like 1