Can't access the DLC on PS4!

ZinHunterAK

I also own this game on the Switch, and if you click the DLC button at the main screen it thanks you for having downloaded the DLC and tell you how to access it. The way you do this is by going to the world map and selecting the DLC Zoo, exactly like you would do with your second Zoo.

The problem is that on my PS4, it only tells me that the DLC is available for purchase! And if I go into my save, select the World Map no DLC zoo appears in there!

I already restored my licenses, reinstalled the game and even rebuilt the database, and still no access to this DLC. I bought the bundle which included the DLC, and if I go into my library and view installed add-ons the Dinosaur Island does appear. Any ideas?

EDIT: Well, it seems like nobody can access the DLC! Checking on Twitter with the devs rn!

Edited by zin-hunter27
Clarifications.

OP and I have already discussed this but just an update… 

Seems like it’s only PS4 digital owners. 

I’ve reached out to the dev team and at first they told me they looked into it and it’s all ok on their end, but once speaking to PS support they say that the licenses are one our accounts, so it is in fact a dev issue. 

I’ve been ignored twice when bringing the issue up on discord. 

Fingers crossed we can get this sorted!

EDIT: I’ve finally heard back! They are aware of the issue and it’s considered top priority. (: 

Edited by raine4thewin
New info
  • Like 2

So, basically the publisher has told us they have no idea what’s going on and to “process a refund through Sony” even though we won’t be able to because the product has been downloaded. 

Personally, I would advise people to RUN as far as you can from this game. It’s broken and doesn’t run very well, and there’s no promise you’ll even get the DLC. 

The dev and publisher are not very supportive and will either ignore you or blame user error. Don’t buy this game. Seriously. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, raine4thewin said:

So, basically the publisher has told us they have no idea what’s going on and to “process a refund through Sony” even though we won’t be able to because the product has been downloaded. 

Personally, I would advise people to RUN as far as you can from this game. It’s broken and doesn’t run very well, and there’s no promise you’ll even get the DLC. 

The dev and publisher are not very supportive and will either ignore you or blame user error. Don’t buy this game. Seriously. 

Damn what a horrible outcome, I’m really sorry. I’ve been waiting on picking this up & I actually saw some of your posts on the game’s discord. Tbh I’ve been quite shocked at how dismissive & borderline rude they have been to you about the issues! No help, just blamed PlayStation & basically told you to go away. The “is there a reason you want to play the PS4 version on your PS5” comment raised my eyebrows too, like you just want the game you bought to work, but it’s like they just don’t want to know at all.

Edited by smudgedhorizon
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, smudgedhorizon said:

The “is there a reason you want to play the PS4 version on your PS5” comment raised my eyebrows too, like you just want the game you bought to work, but it’s like they just don’t want to know at all.

Exactly, we paid for the game, I believe we can feel entitled to want it to work! But oh well, if this is not fixed yeah, do not buy this game.

On 7.10.2022 at 6:25 PM, raine4thewin said:

Seems like it’s only PS4 digital owners. 

Does that mean you can play the DLC with a physical version? People have been unlocking the PS4 DLC trophies on PSN, for example the "dinosaur rebirth" trophy has a 9,9% unlock rate on PSN.

Don't get me wrong, what I have read from your post, the publisher/devs answer is shocking, but at least there seems to be some way to unlock them.

I really hope they do not add any more DLC trophies/achievements to the game.

On 10/11/2022 at 5:43 AM, blackf1re- said:

Does that mean you can play the DLC with a physical version? People have been unlocking the PS4 DLC trophies on PSN, for example the "dinosaur rebirth" trophy has a 9,9% unlock rate on PSN.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking, maybe it's the physical version the one that works. However, they say they have downloaded the game themselves and can play it with no problems whatsoever, so at this point I don't know what's happening. I initially suspected that the version of the store had something to do, but this is affecting people from multiple countries (at least by what I can see here on PSNP) and both from America and Europe. So that might not be it.

As an small update, the devs (Springloaded) have no idea what's happening. The publisher (No More Robots) insists it's on Sony's side. They supposedly spoke to them and they told them they were pushing an update that fixes the issue after restoring licenses, because it apparently was affecting other games. Didn't work on PS5, and there's no update yet on PS4.

A side note on other game's DLCs not working. I recently had this happen with Assassin's Creed Syndicate, and after restoring licenses it worked like a charm. I'm almost 100% sure this is not on Sony's side. I don't trust NMR, they are the ones that told us to get a refund for a digital purchase, and they have been trying to push the problem to Sony's side since the first time we contacted them.

Anyway, it seems they are not fixing this. So if you plan to play the PS4 version of the game just buy the physical release. Digital DLC DOES NOT work. Or try your luck and let us know if you got it to work.

Edited by zin-hunter27

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/9/2022 at 5:39 PM, smudgedhorizon said:

Damn, I’m so sorry, what a nightmare. Appreciate you confirming though, thank you.

It's worse than I thought haha

I got a physical version, currently testing and still can't access the dlc, even with the physical copy. It seems there's a problem with the dlc key or something. Will update whenever I finish my test

UPDATE: Still not working. I don't know if it is because it's using my keys for the digital DLC or if it is anything else. The only test I can now think of is using a console that has never played the game and install the physical version. Will do that in the next couple days since I'll have to use a friend's console.

UPDATE 2: Got it to work! Sorta haha

So the game is definitely broken. The only way I was able to access the DLC (with this account, my main one) was using the physical version, but not installing the update. I unticked the connect to the internet option from the settings.

Created a new save file (because the old one doesn't work because it needs the update) and played through the first day. As soon as it loaded the second day I went to the World Map and there it was. The DLC Island! Went there and was able to start playing and get my first trophy from the DLC.

After that I updated the game. Opened my save and it put me on the regular zoo. And when I try to go back to the Dinosaur Island, it's not there. So something they did on the update is not letting the game access it.

Anyway, there's a workaround. Will report this to the devs on discord and see if they finally realize there's something wrong with their game.

Edited by zin-hunter27
Update
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, zin-hunter27 said:

It's worse than I thought haha

You absolute legend, I’m amazed you managed to figure that out! Still an absolute pain but at least you can finally unlock them now & get your 100% Disgraceful you’ve had to mess about so much because they kept just blaming Sony, I hope now they actually look into it & will finally do a proper fix of the issue?? 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

The games been out for almost 3 months now, and unfortunately this issue still has not been resolved, as well as the crashing issues not being resolved. 

I’m still preaching for people to run as far as you can from this game. 

EDIT: Well, as of December 20th the DLC finally works for digital owners. I’m still unsure of the performance. 

Edited by raine4thewin
More info
  • Like 2