Overwatch 2 can't be platted

Elliot240894

I don't think the platt can be obtained for new people, in Overwatch 2 they removed the capture point maps from quickplay & competitive play, but the trophies still read the same. Trophies - lockdown & double cap, they all require you to do x on those maps, but if they are removed from rotation we can't get the platt 

7 minutes ago, SlimSanta94 said:

They're likely just not in the map rotation right now. I highly doubt that they've been removed outright.

The 2CP gamemode was apparently widely hated by the community, so they have been deliberately removed. They are still available in custom games, but you can't earn trophies in those. It is definitely possible that they'll return at some point, but the most I can find from Blizzard on the subject is: "We’ll also look for future opportunities to bring them back into Quick and Competitive map rotations, as well as special events and arcade game modes.” Not too promising.

So unless the trophies can be earned in Push, which is the replacement gamemode, the plat might be unobtainable indefinitely.

Edited by Darling Baphomet
  • Like 3