Starting Y3 - Looking for clarity

HevyD6586

Hi everyone,

I'm starting Yakuza 3 and I'm just looking for a little clarity since there's a lot of information out there about the remastered version and the PS3 version.

• Does Y3 require 3 playthroughs? (Hard > Ex-Hard > Legend)
  • I see people saying they're having trouble doing X minigame on Ex-Hard, is that the minigame difficulty?
  • When should I 100%? Hard Premium Adventure or do I need to do 100% on Ex-Hard? I don't see any trophies for this.

Thanks in advance.

I also just started this game, but I've read up about it and played a bit already.

Legend is just what Ex-hard is called on the PS4 version, so you only need to do Hard and then Legend.

Each minigame has its own difficulties (some don't have any difficulty settings), the "main" difficulty is for fights only.

I don't think you need 100% completion in this game for the platinum. You do need to get 100% in some categories, like minigames, but it looks like you can skip other things like performing all heat actions. For those things you need to do, you can do it on the first playthrough (premium adventure or before finishing the story, not sure if anything requires finishing the story first).

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HevyD6586 said:

Hi everyone,

I'm starting Yakuza 3 and I'm just looking for a little clarity since there's a lot of information out there about the remastered version and the PS3 version.

• Does Y3 require 3 playthroughs? (Hard > Ex-Hard > Legend)
  • I see people saying they're having trouble doing X minigame on Ex-Hard, is that the minigame difficulty?
  • When should I 100%? Hard Premium Adventure or do I need to do 100% on Ex-Hard? I don't see any trophies for this.

Thanks in advance.

Ex-hard is legend in Yakuza 3. My suggestion, and what I did is play on normal and do all the minigames and substories to get all the abilities you want. If my memory is collect, but 100% minigames you get the golden pistol. Then do a hard playthrough with that pistol, making all enemy encounters a breeze, rinse and repeat for ex-hard/legend. Because of the enemy AI in yakuza 3, starting with hard is a major slog because of the constant blocking. 

Minigame difficulty is not tied to in game difficulty, and is mainly hard due to janky physics associate with the port over to 60fps. The main hard ones to prepare yourself for would be batting, darts, boxcelios, and the dreaded pool. I legit broke out a yard stick to beat the last guy lol. 

Finally, I don't think you have to 100% yakuza 3, just the minigame section and probably the substories to fight Amon. Hopefully this helps. Good luck and feel free to ask additional questions if needed. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...