How to speed this game up?

Silocia

So, as per the guide I'm trying to get a faction down to its last town/castle so that I can save, and get the "put the pretender on the throne" trophy and then re-load and start my own faction and hopefully mop everyone up. 

But my lord is this game progressing so slow, I'm a vassel with Swadia because apparently they get into more wars with other factions, however, they're utterly useless. During an entire war cycle they MIGHT take one castle, if im lucky maybe a town but for the most part they are all just running around aimlessly. I've tried gathering them together by asking them to follow me but frankly trying to find them all to gather them is so time consuming. There were 3 Rhodok castles (Maras, Etrosq & Culmarr) all ripe for the picking, I conquered one, but that was it, they all just buggered off. On the back of that, I take castle single handily most of the time just for the enemy to come in and sweep them up because the AI doesn't join up to defend it or again are just running around like headless chickens.

Am I doing something wrong? Should it really be taking this long? I've seen people have platinumed it in a week and I've been playing the main game solidly for 3 days and it feels like nothing is happening.

You didnt mention that you put any troops into your newly conquered castles/towns so basically only the peasants will defend your castle and they will obviously lose against armed man.

You dont need to put your best troops in there, just take any unit you can get after a battle and put them in there or units you dont have any use for. They will at least buy you enough time to get to back to your castle and help defending it.

Go for one faction at a time, if you conquered all their land and capture their king they will disband and they wont cause anymore trouble.

If youre the leader of your own kingdom pay attention to your relationship status with your vassals, if they dont like you enough they will leave your kingdom and will take their castles with them, so you will effectively lose them.

Dont give out fiefs to people who already dont like you and let them leave, you dont need a lot of vassals, just give yourself the towns and maybe 1-2 castles but give the rest to your vassals, so they can manage their own defense on given castles.

And for the love of god make enough saves if youre about to get the last castles/towns because there is a known bug where the king of a faction still roams around even after taking his last town, you have to search him and then take him prisoner. 

In my case they only solution to make them disband was to put the king into a prison tower and wait a few days.

In the worst case the king will never respawn because he basically has no land anymore which will lock you out of the plat, so make sure to save a couple of times at the end.

Losing castles from time to time is part of the game and especially at the beginning its impossible to not lose a few. I suggest playing on easy and use all your save slots, always keep an older save in case anything goes completely wrong.

I basically reloaded a lot when shit hit the fan, this way you can brute force your way to victory.

• Like 1

On 19/10/2022 at 10:05 AM, KingTom95 said:

You didnt mention that you put any troops into your newly conquered castles/towns so basically only the peasants will defend your castle and they will obviously lose against armed man.

You dont need to put your best troops in there, just take any unit you can get after a battle and put them in there or units you dont have any use for. They will at least buy you enough time to get to back to your castle and help defending it.

Go for one faction at a time, if you conquered all their land and capture their king they will disband and they wont cause anymore trouble.

If youre the leader of your own kingdom pay attention to your relationship status with your vassals, if they dont like you enough they will leave your kingdom and will take their castles with them, so you will effectively lose them.

Dont give out fiefs to people who already dont like you and let them leave, you dont need a lot of vassals, just give yourself the towns and maybe 1-2 castles but give the rest to your vassals, so they can manage their own defense on given castles.

And for the love of god make enough saves if youre about to get the last castles/towns because there is a known bug where the king of a faction still roams around even after taking his last town, you have to search him and then take him prisoner. 

In my case they only solution to make them disband was to put the king into a prison tower and wait a few days.

In the worst case the king will never respawn because he basically has no land anymore which will lock you out of the plat, so make sure to save a couple of times at the end.

Losing castles from time to time is part of the game and especially at the beginning its impossible to not lose a few. I suggest playing on easy and use all your save slots, always keep an older save in case anything goes completely wrong.

I basically reloaded a lot when shit hit the fan, this way you can brute force your way to victory.

Thanks for the help, sorry I havent thanked sooner, I've been pretty unwell.

The game sort of fixed it self but then went over the top and every faction just went to war with each other it was a rough time hahaha - All I need to do now is start my own faction and conquer the world but its proving to be more tedious than difficult. I've tried stocking the castle with 2-300 basic units like people have said but it hasnt stop people raiding me, Swadia attack my single castle with 900 units!