Should I wait to get all Einjhars before doing S rank quests?

Alantor32

8 minutes ago, Alantor32 said:

I recently got this game and enjoying it, but should I wait till I get all Eninjars (Sorry, can't spell correctly sometimes) to attempt to S rank all quests?

You don’t necessarily have to wait until you have all four, but hitting S ranks is harder before you have at least two. That’s how many you can have out under most circumstances (sometimes the auto-summon skills or a particularly long attack animation may result in more on the field for a brief period, but that doesn’t make a big impact on your score.) With two summoned at all  times, it becomes fairly trivial to rank up the Combo portion of the scoreboard, leaving you free to concentrate on spamming Divine Arts to burn down enemies quickly (time is the thing that contributes the most to the scoreboard) and avoid taking damage yourself, since the enemies are focused on the Einherjar (taking damage is the biggest hit to your score.)

Thankfully, you’ll get two of them fairly quickly; if you wait til you have a full set, you’ll almost be at the end of the game already.

A few general tips: Unlock the skill that’s set to L2-Triangle (I forget the name offhand; Soul Smash, maybe?); when you use it, it forces the enemy to cough up souls, more of them depending on how close to death the enemy you hit with it is. It’s great for closing the distance and keeps your soul gauge full, which means more ability to summon. Always have both your pals on the field in combat, and resummon them as soon as they time out. As noted, they boost the combo gauge, keep enemies off of you and do damage, plus you get a small score boost based on the number of times you summoned them. Don’t let a full Arts gauge go to waste; use them. Just keep enough in reserve to cast Heal, but otherwise, go wild; you get a score boost for using Arts, and they kill things faster which results in a better time. Don’t use items. Rely on the Heal Divine Art and souls dropped by enemies to keep your health topped up, and Soul Smash to keep your soul gauge full. The Heal Art (as well as several of the attack Arts, like Firestorm) have i-frames; abuse that. If a big attack is coming, slap Firestorm (even if the enemy is strong against fire) to do a little damage, avoid taking damage yourself, and get a little score boost. If something kills you, quit and reload; don’t select “Continue.” You’ll start at the same position with the same resources as you would by going to the main menu and reloading, but you’ll take a pretty severe hit to your score.

Good luck!

• Like 2