Does changing difficulty settings disable anything like loot pickups or trophies?

PotrikBerger

Can’t find a lot of info out there for ps5 version. What guides I can find details difficulty settings as ‘not applicable’, as though there is no option to change it. But there is a difficulty option setting within the pause menu.

im wondering if anybody knows whether altering this changes anything in terms of speeding up platinum run? Like does increasing difficulty make rarer loot drops more frequent or better? Does lowering difficulty affect any trophies or mean weaker loot drops? 

Cant seem to find any answers out there so far?

7 hours ago, alexwise said:

I changed difficulty mid-playthrough multiple times and don’t think it changed the rarity of drops and whatnot

No,I don’t think it matters that much. I put it up a notch to start with as I thought there might be a chance of getting drops quicker and thought at least by putting it up I wasnt really risking losing trophies as normally you wouldn’t be penalised for that. But the first time I had to defend an area for a limited time period with multiple enemies spawning I quickly dropped it back down again and left it alone until the last fight and then dropped it down to easy....but I had got pretty much every other trophy done by that point. 

So although not conclusive by any means, at least for me it didn’t seem to matter.