A word of warning to those doing this with controllers

I've wasted hours on this game to the point where I'm considering dropping it for a while.

There is some bug or glitch that ends up permanently screwing over the player until you actually quit out of a race and then start from the beginning. The real issue is if you are trying to gain more mods for all the characters doing either Race or Grand Prix events, and you happen to be using multiple controllers, the chances of the game screwing you over are greater. 

Just a while ago I was doing my 7th Grand Prix event towards the gold trophy for winning 1st place in every Grand Prix event on Expert. On the first race my main racer goes Super Star and then suddenly glitches through a wall/floor. The next thing I know, he is stuck in a loop where he is permanently glitched making it impossible to finish the race. I restarted the cup but he was still glitched. I was forced to quit to the main menu of the game and go back and do the Grand Prix, where I had to select all my characters over again.

Once I was close to finishing a Grand Prix but the fourth player (controller) was stuck in an infinite loop. Thought you could restart the race over? No. YOU HAVE TO RESTART THE ENTIRE FUCKING GRAND PRIX.

Out of the seven Grand Prix events I've done on Expert difficulty winning in 1st place, I've had to make over 14 attempts, and I'm not exaggerating.

Getting the PS Vita version of this game probably would of been a much better investment. The PS3 version is janky, and I'm playing on the latest version after I did the Yokozuna glitch.

• Like 4