How do you unlock "Mother To Us All"

InfamousRanger12

I'm confused about this trophy.... It says "As Daurama Daura of Kano, 867, reform a pagan faith & convert all local Counties. Ironman Mode ON."

What exactly is a local county? On PC the achievement is
  "Starting as Daurama Daura, have your line reform an African faith, and convert all of Africa to it"

Do you still need to unite Africa under one faith on PlayStation? Or maybe they just want the Hausa counties now?

Also the trophy now says "As Daurama Daura" rather than "Have your line reform"... Does this mean Daurama has to be active ruler, and not her heirs?

• 2 weeks later...

The description is a bit bad but you need to conquer "all of africa" including the canary islands etc ... AND  every county in africa needs to be your faith. 

Basically: your dynasty needs to reform Bori faith, become feudal, conquer africa and convert everyone (they can be old bori also, it doesn't matter)

Make sure when you reform your faith u go with these tenets/doctrines:

- female only (roleplaying) or male only, not equal or your real will split up giving you headaches

- medicant preachers (makes converting high development counties a breeze - few months instead of 20+ years) 

- pursuit of power OR warmonger (because you will always be at war) 

- last one i took islamic syncretism so the muslims wouldn't go all jihad on me, but this is a wildcard

I had to restart several times because of picking wrong faith stuff. Even had 1 playthrough where i conquered all of africa, managed to convert everyone except 1 county that had negative conversion ratings which made it impossible for me to actually convert it. Of course this was near the end and it's really devastating.

My advice on gameplan:

make alliance with your husband cos you need him to back u up when you go for kingdom of kanem. One of his concubines is your rivals who will try murder you btw

You actually need all of the remaining de jure land of your starting kingdom, so if your husband decides to grab even 1 county from it: restart the campaign

After that rush east until you reach the coptic regions, stop there. Try and form the empire of kanem-bornu. Move capital to the little lake near the Holy site (good land, fertile and higher development)

You should have 3 holy sites so reform faith preferably while Daruma is still alive

If Daruma dies before you form the empire i would suggest restarting. Grabbing the empire is actually the hardest bit ... once you have this u can steamroll everyone else. The faith conversion is not needed with her, but it will make your life much easier.

Now go north and try and capture as much as you can of the north african coast BEFORE the byzantines grab it. If you see a county at war with a byzantian vassal, swoop in, try and grab the land before the Byzantian dude grabs it. After you capture it u will have a new war against the Byzantian vassal, which is a lot better than having to fight the emperor for it.

Head towards egypt and conquer that either duchy per duchy or kingdom. Set capital in cairo (u get 3 special buildings close to each other, 2 premade , 1 u need to build yourself). i swapped culture to egyptian also because they have more tech unlocked

After that take all of north africa/coptic regions

Last part should be West africa which is still a tribal mess of border gore

During your entire playthrough try to constantly converting every new county you capture (either by your shaman/priest or sway/bribing) Don't bother converting 'old bori' counties as they also count as your faith. 

Sidenote:

- your vassals will sometimes take land in europe or jerusalem. If u get a holy war declared for those regions, just surrender. U loose land u don't need, plus u don't want to endlessly become the target of crusades. And when u surrender in a holy war, ur fervor goes up so u actually will be able to convert counties faster. win-win situation

- becoming feudal is important for the future. If u stay tribal after a while the muslim/catholic rulers will have access to better armies/seige weapons etc ... u will get steamrolled.

- save up cash before you turn feudal, because u need 500gold per castle you want to reform ... also your troop-count will diminish drastically so plan it accordingly (not straight before u die, or just after taking the reigns as the heir).

above all pray to RNGesus because he will try and screw you over late game when u least expect it :)

Edit: i might be slightly off with naming stuff, tenets etc .. i typed this all from memory as i'm not able to launch my PS5 atm. I will return and rectify stuff tonight when i'm home. 

Edited by m00zesss
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

T

On 11/12/2022 at 7:54 AM, m00zesss said:

The description is a bit bad but you need to conquer "all of africa" including the canary islands etc ... AND  every county in africa needs to be your faith. 

Basically: your dynasty needs to reform Bori faith, become feudal, conquer africa and convert everyone (they can be old bori also, it doesn't matter)

- female only (roleplaying) or male only, not equal or your real will split up giving you headaches

- medicant preachers (makes converting high development counties a breeze - few months instead of 20+ years) 

- last one i took islamic syncretism so the muslims wouldn't go all jihad on me, but this is a wildcard

I had to restart several times because of picking wrong faith stuff. Even had 1 playthrough where i conquered all of africa, managed to convert everyone except 1 county that had negative conversion ratings which made it impossible for me to actually convert it. Of course this was near the end and it's really devastating.

My advice on gameplan:

make alliance with your husband cos you need him to back u up when you go for kingdom of kanem. One of his concubines is your rivals who will try murder you btw

You actually need all of the remaining de jure land of your starting kingdom, so if your husband decides to grab even 1 county from it: restart the campaign

After that rush east until you reach the coptic regions, stop there. Try and form the empire of kanem-bornu. Move capital to the little lake near the Holy site (good land, fertile and higher development)

You should have 3 holy sites so reform faith preferably while Daruma is still alive

If Daruma dies before you form the empire i would suggest restarting. Grabbing the empire is actually the hardest bit ... once you have this u can steamroll everyone else. The faith conversion is not needed with her, but it will make your life much easier.

Now go north and try and capture as much as you can of the north african coast BEFORE the byzantines grab it. If you see a county at war with a byzantian vassal, swoop in, try and grab the land before the Byzantian dude grabs it. After you capture it u will have a new war against the Byzantian vassal, which is a lot better than having to fight the emperor for it.

Head towards egypt and conquer that either duchy per duchy or kingdom. Set capital in cairo (u get 3 special buildings close to each other, 2 premade , 1 u need to build yourself). i swapped culture to egyptian also because they have more tech unlocked

During your entire playthrough try to constantly converting every new county you capture (either by your shaman/priest or sway/bribing) Don't bother converting 'old bori' counties as they also count as your faith. 

Sidenote:

- your vassals will sometimes take land in europe or jerusalem. If u get a holy war declared for those regions, just surrender. U loose land u don't need, plus u don't want to endlessly become the target of crusades. And when u surrender in a holy war, ur fervor goes up so u actually will be able to convert counties faster. win-win situation

- becoming feudal is important for the future. If u stay tribal after a while the muslim/catholic rulers will have access to better armies/seige weapons etc ... u will get steamrolled.

- save up cash before you turn feudal, because u need 500gold per castle you want to reform ... also your troop-count will diminish drastically so plan it accordingly (not straight before u die, or just after taking the reigns as the heir).

above all pray to RNGesus because he will try and screw you over late game when u least expect it :)

Edit: i might be slightly off with naming stuff, tenets etc .. i typed this all from memory as i'm not able to launch my PS5 atm. I will return and rectify stuff tonight when i'm home. 

Totally forgot to reply to this. Thanks so much for the explanation and advice mate. Very indepth knowledge, you must've played CKIII a massive amount. Definitely gonna use these tips when I go for the trophy

• Like 1

all good m8, just trying to help out. As you suspect i do have an (unhealthy) amount of hours played on this game. ?

I could give even more tips but i think this trophy itself is not that hard. Few pointers tho

- Just make sure after you start (and when reforming your faith) to pick either female or male only. If you don't do this you will have all your kids inherit. Given the size of your realm later in the game you will have multiple empire titles (or they will be created depending on succession rights) that will be handed out to all your offspring

- Don't bother doing the decision to do stuff with the gods (typing from memory here so don't know the exact name but i think it's commune with the gods) ... it basically gives you a boost when your learning AND your chaplain are very high learning ... if learning isn't 16 or above you might get bad debuffs (infirm/impotent etc): my advice is to ignore it ... it's also one of the tenets that you swap out when reforming faith

- Go feudal or you will get steamrolled later on (this also is why i swapped to egyptian culture ... since they have a lot more tech unlocked and you need to have all tribal tech unlocked before you can go feudal)

- Don't forget the canary islands!! The little island near the horn of africa is not needed (it's part of Yemen - Arabic empire, not african)

- Your husband concubine is your rival, sway her, kill her, seduce her .... whatever it takes to make sure she doesn't kill the starting toon

- the higher the development of a county, the harder it becomes to convert the religion: i had 2 restarts because an islamic heresy popped up in Morocco, in a county with very high development ... mendicant preachers helps with this, but convert the islamic regions after you capture them. 

Lats but not least: after you used your husband to attack Kanem, you don't need him anymore so you can divorce him ... best to do it since your in a patriary mariage, meaning your kids with him will be of his dynasty ... not yours. ALWAYS marry matrially so you don't get game over when u die 

Edited by m00zesss
  • Like 1

On 2022-12-05 at 9:47 AM, m00zesss said:

- Go feudal or you will get steamrolled later on (this also is why i swapped to egyptian culture ... since they have a lot more tech unlocked and you need to have all tribal tech unlocked before you can go feudal)

-Another great and easy to get culture is mashriqi (I belive your husband has it, or someone at your court). You can ask them to educate your heir and convert their culture its an easy way to get a better culture early on. 

-Also giving counties to people of that regions culture (and your religion) will sigificantly decrease the counties negative opinion of you as a ruler. This is however very annoying to do on the console verision of the game.

:) 

• 1 month later...
On 12/11/2022 at 10:54 PM, m00zesss said:

My advice on gameplan:

Sidenote:

I actually just got the trophy I controlled most of Africa but not all of it it seems all of Africa needs to be your faith although the part I didn't control was a small part that had broken away from me

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

In case anyone was wondering (like I was): You can also get the trophy after reforming your faith a second time. I.e. make a newly named offset Bori religion from your first one.

I had to try this because in my game after the africa decision I was unluckily still stuck with a lot (>18) of muslim duchies to convert and euch of them would have taken more than 25 years. (It was around year 1205 so either getting very close to the time limit or overshooting.) This was mostly due to "bad" faith choices during my initial reformation. (Pluralism and the suggested islamic syncretism by m00zesss, probably being really bad for this occurence in my game.)

The second reformation allowed me to get the time for each duchy down to about 4 years and I could also get rid of warmonger tenet so I could focus on managing the vassals.

It also doesn't matter if some parts of africa remain with Bori v1. I still had 10 or more duchies in the real of Bori v1 when the achievement popped.

Make sure you are preparred for the second reformation though. Even when all your direct vassals convert there will be quite a few uprisings from the populace. Best to do it with a stable realm and succession not happening too soon in the future.

Edited by to_obii
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 16-4-2023 at 0:34 AM, to_obii said:

In case anyone was wondering (like I was): You can also get the trophy after reforming your faith a second time. I.e. make a newly named offset Bori religion from your first one.

I had to try this because in my game after the africa decision I was unluckily still stuck with a lot (>18) of muslim duchies to convert and euch of them would have taken more than 25 years. (It was around year 1205 so either getting very close to the time limit or overshooting.) This was mostly due to "bad" faith choices during my initial reformation. (Pluralism and the suggested islamic syncretism by m00zesss, probably being really bad for this occurence in my game.)

The second reformation allowed me to get the time for each duchy down to about 4 years and I could also get rid of warmonger tenet so I could focus on managing the vassals.

It also doesn't matter if some parts of africa remain with Bori v1. I still had 10 or more duchies in the real of Bori v1 when the achievement popped.

Make sure you are preparred for the second reformation though. Even when all your direct vassals convert there will be quite a few uprisings from the populace. Best to do it with a stable realm and succession not happening too soon in the future.

From what i recall: i had the same issue with the very long conversion times (even some counties had infinite time) because they were a islamic heresy in morocco, in counties that had insane high development. Makes sense: you need high learning to convert faster, but if a county is very high development it's basically impossible to convert them. Mendicant preachers overrules this a bit. 

Also as i stated: i typed everything from memory, and i'm a semi-old man ? so i might have made a tiny mistake here and there. My hints and tips are pointers towards an easier campaign: it's not a 100% foolproof method.

The trophy needs you to reform the unreformed Bori. It doesn't matter if you reform your new Bori afterwards afterwards ... it's still a reformed Bori faith. i thought it would be obvious.