Item Dupes for Remastered

Asmund

You can dupe souls, materials, items, etc. This will help you skip a lot of grinding if you don't have a friend available to drop you things. Keep in mind you'll still have to do another run through of the game for the Ornstein / Smough souls as they are mutually exclusive to each playthrough.

Edit: Additional help after getting a few private messages about it not working for people (Use this if the videos instructions aren't working for you)
First make sure whatever item you want to dupe is in the first slot for both items or materials like shards.
Once you're set up talk to the blacksmith, go to the caustus and hit buy, instead of buying or canceling press start TWO times to back out of both menus, then go to the brightness setting and do the glitch.

Once you get the two menus there's two different ways you can do this.
1. X, Down, Right, X, Down, Left, X, to dupe items or boss souls.
2. Right, X, Down, Right, X, Down, Left, X, to dupe materials like chunks. 
You start it over again by talking to the blacksmith and repeating that same process.

Edited by Asmund
Clarity

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, Mr_Toki96 said:

Nah doesn't effect trophies as far as disabling or glitching them out goes that I know of, but if you use them in tandem together you'll get more weapon trophies sooner and eliminate an entire 3rd playthrough.

Online it is going to effect a few things, I played mostly offline unless it was for something specific to rank up a coven, as far as I saw I never had issues related to trophies, BUT, it will match you with other people around your soul level AND weapon level. This could drastically limit the number of games you find because typically people at extremely high soul lvls aren't going to have really low weapon lvls unless they too have glitched. (The weapon lvl matching is specific to DS Remastered, not original DS). You can get around this if you have a specific friend you want to play with by putting a password on the game so they can find you directly as password matching ignores ALL lvl restrictions.

Edited by Asmund
  • Like 1