Expert Historian Glitched?

marco2001zecc

I never received Expert Historian after I did all the side stories on all islands. At first I wasn’t too worried because I thought that I would get it after I beat the game and saw the post-credit, or that maybe a secret event would unlock after beating the game. Unfortunately, after just beating the game on hard difficulty and checking all four of the islands again for new events, I still didn’t receive it. I tried checking the guides on PlayStation Trophies and on Powerpyx, but both guides claim that there are no bugged trophies. Could this trophy possibly be bugged or am I missing something? Do I need to start a new playthrough? My friend says he got the trophy after using fast travel to one of the portals and seeing the short cutscene where Sonic jumps out of it.

In case it’s relevant, I only opened the gate in front of 4-7 (last island) after beating the game (I originally used fast travel to reach it and unlock the level), hoping that it also counted as a side story, but that did nothing.

Any help would be much appreciated 

I just checked all the islands again but this time there was a Sage event on Chaos Island (the one right before you fight the titan). I’m certain I already saw this one because I thought it was funny the first time I saw it. I have no idea why it didn’t register this event when I originally saw, nor why it didn’t show up on the map when I checked yesterday. Regardless, I earned the plat now.

I probably wouldn’t have checked it again so thanks.