Sever forever trophy question

tommyrotts

So this trophy requires you to tear off 100 limbs, and a guide says to shoot their arms/legs.  Does anyone know if it's with the rifle, and if you need a perk?  I noticed every now and then I get them in a finisher state, and I'm hoping this counts, but it's a lot less common than me just shooting them to death.  100 seems a lot if I have to get them into the finisher animation.

Any info would be greatly appreciated 

16 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

Also wondering this, trying to aim at the legs with the rifle but the bullets keep going into their torso? Not sure if doing it correctly

same, the auto target keeps pulling me up.  Or I shoot back and forth between the left/right leg.  But if I get every shot into just one leg, they go into the glory kill pose.  Hopefully that's not needed for it to count, super inconsistent to get

• 1 year later...

With the crossbow is easier aim for the hands it’s better! When you reach the farm the last enemy spawns 4 minions run up and down and focus on them let the big guy unharmed and keep farming!

Edit: you can meet him before as well in the oil distillery he is the last enemy as well at one point!

Edited by totakos1
Add