OFFLINE Trophies

Moostache7

TL;DR — Any COMPLETELY Offline trophies?

I've read the incredibly short closed thread about the supposed Online Trophies in this list, but I am not confident in the only answer that was provided. I believe the answer provided only addresses MULTIPLAYER trophies, but not the trophies that require server access.

With how 2k Sports structures their titles, it's unclear from menu navigation what exactly is tied to the server and what isn't. As such, I'm curious: does anyone know which trophies are NOT tied to the servers? As in, which trophies will we be able to still complete after the title loses all of its online services? I am willing to test some things with my system on Airplane Mode but if anyone knows already it'd save me some time.

My hope is that I can leave one or two offline trophies (ex. The putting practice one) for after the server shutdown*, so I can pop the Platinum at a later date. I'm pretty particular about the order I 100% games in and would rather save this for a few months, if possible. I've already started the game back in January but every month has had another immediate shutdown so I keep getting pulled away from this.

* I know we don't have a date yet but NBA 2k usually shuts down by first week of January three calendar years after release, with the supposed discontinuation date being New Year's; 2K Sports also normally have it announced by now so anything can happen and I'd rather be prepared so I don't have another unobtainable.

• Like 1

The trophy guide lists a bunch more trophies that require the servers to be active. The career mode is apparently tied to online access, so all of the related trophies will become unobtainable once the servers shut down. I've personally been scrambling to finish these trophies ASAP just in case and am down to my last rival. In addition, Team Spirit needs an Internet connection to access ghost data.

Overall, more than half of the trophies are in line to become unobtainable (16 if my count is correct). I'm not sure if any others not mentioned in the trophy guide require server access. I still need I Have the Power and True Legend, so it would be great to know if those can be earned offline.

• Like 3

I don’t believe career mode is tied to online services. Why? Because the previous games made by the same developer, The Golf Club, has career-related trophies that can be earned today. BUT (!) those games do have unobtainable trophies with the Society Event online services discontinued.

The two possible trophies in this game that could, and I stress could, be unobtainable, is the Playing With Others and Invite Only trophies. But again, those two services have not been shut off in the previous Golf Club games that are more than three years old, so it’s probable the matchmaking service will continue. 

On 11/29/2022 at 10:33 AM, PerryToxteth said:

I don’t believe career mode is tied to online services. Why? Because...

I disabled the internet and I can't access the campaign so I'm going to chalk up any campaign related trophies as requiring server access.

I'm looking for tried and true confirmed offline trophies, so I can save those until the end.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Moostache7 said:

I disabled the internet and I can't access the campaign so I'm going to chalk up any campaign related trophies as requiring server access.

I'm looking for tried and true confirmed offline trophies, so I can save those until the end.

It's an educated guess but I'd say the 5 putts in a row trophy is perhaps your best bet, since that's done in the Training / Practice area.

I'm unable to test it out unfortunately as I've already unlocked this trophy.

• Like 1