Death Wave Fixes/Solutions

Andrew1990M

I stopped playing this game because my city developed a serious death wave problem.

For those that don't know, this is because all residents have a set lifespan and all die at the same age. So if you build large residential areas (like I did), that entire block of people will all die at the same time, stress out your cemetery services and tank your taxes.

Has there been any fix or workaround for this since Sunset Harbour, when I stopped playing? Or would it just be better for me to start a new city for the three new DLCs and just be more careful with my zoning?

• 3 months later...
On 20.12.2022 at 10:43 AM, megacoolermensch said:

dont zone all residential at once is all i can think of

it happens to me as well but my cities recover very quickly idk

It's not about zoning only. Having "maxed" Healthcare also aids in death waves, if everyone lives to their max lifespan they all tend to die close to each other. If someone wants to zone residential to plan their cities in advance it's a valid thing to do, but can be postponed by simply not connecting the roads to the zones. One more thing about death waves, the more industry workers you have the more potential deaths will occur, office and high end jobs aren't lethal.

• Like 1