Tearing my hair out over some of these challenges

davestovies

So I've done 17/20 of the challenges and I'm absolutely tearing my hair out at the ones I've got left. Can't seem to find any decent in depth video guides anywhere, so figured I'd vent/ask here. I'm stuck on challenges 8, 11 and 15 specifically. 

For challenge 8 (The Spins) I can get a decent recovery after the spin out but I just can't catch up in time to win. I've tried turning off driving aids mid race to help with speed during straight sections, but it doesn't seem to help and I never get passed 3rd place. I saw a comment recommending to cut across the grass but that doesn't seem to help whenever I've tried it, unless I'm just misunderstanding something.

For challenge 11 (I Can't Believe It) it seems luck based whether the two front cars actually wreck or not, and when they do the racers behind just overtake me anyway. The track itself is just a pain to race on as well so I struggle to even race properly once I do end up getting a lead. Again, I've tried fiddling with driving aids mid race to give myself an advantage at certain points, but I still can't get it. 

And challenge 15 (Wear & Tear) is just a ballache, I try to take corners like I see it done in videos but I always end up spinning out at turn one and just ruining the attempt. I've tried different driving aid setups to try and make it easier but I just can't even get a decent attempt at it before spinning out. 

I've read and watched basically every "guide" than I can find and most of them don't show car setups or driving aids used for any of the challenges, making them pretty pointless, so my last resort is to just vent on here. If anyone has any tips or comments to add then I appreciate it. Really just want to get these done so I can just crack on with career mode. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 21/12/2022 at 1:27 PM, davestovies said:

So I've done 17/20 of the challenges and I'm absolutely tearing my hair out at the ones I've got left. Can't seem to find any decent in depth video guides anywhere, so figured I'd vent/ask here. I'm stuck on challenges 8, 11 and 15 specifically. 

For challenge 8 (The Spins) I can get a decent recovery after the spin out but I just can't catch up in time to win. I've tried turning off driving aids mid race to help with speed during straight sections, but it doesn't seem to help and I never get passed 3rd place. I saw a comment recommending to cut across the grass but that doesn't seem to help whenever I've tried it, unless I'm just misunderstanding something.

For challenge 11 (I Can't Believe It) it seems luck based whether the two front cars actually wreck or not, and when they do the racers behind just overtake me anyway. The track itself is just a pain to race on as well so I struggle to even race properly once I do end up getting a lead. Again, I've tried fiddling with driving aids mid race to give myself an advantage at certain points, but I still can't get it. 

And challenge 15 (Wear & Tear) is just a ballache, I try to take corners like I see it done in videos but I always end up spinning out at turn one and just ruining the attempt. I've tried different driving aid setups to try and make it easier but I just can't even get a decent attempt at it before spinning out. 

I've read and watched basically every "guide" than I can find and most of them don't show car setups or driving aids used for any of the challenges, making them pretty pointless, so my last resort is to just vent on here. If anyone has any tips or comments to add then I appreciate it. Really just want to get these done so I can just crack on with career mode. 

With challenge 8 my car spun into the wall back first and I just got going again in 5th place, made a mistake in turn 4 and lost a few spots that I had gained and then just passed the rest of the cars and won it on my first try. All assists were off.

Challenge 11 is a pain because that track seems to have just awful physics and the AI don't acknowledge you being there so they just ram their way through. I did all assists off except stability help was turned on to 15 and then I was finally able to win it. And the leaders aren't supposed to wreck on this challenge, you're supposed to just pass them.

Challenge 15 I did with all assists off and on my first try, had no problems at all.