There is a way to hard carry people in Journey to The Savage Planet, but I'm yet to find out the specifics of it

TheYuriG

Science experiment time.

I've rigged my main game save on the Japanese version (I'm aware that this is the forum for the WW stack) and attempted to carry EliasR991 through the longest and grindiest trophies to no avail. Not even the "play coop once" trophy would pop... but then it started working when we did the trophy for the OG- coop, yet he didn't get the trophies for all fauna/flora/explorer logs/alien movie/all upgrades/all DLC and I did.

He ended up doing basically the entire game by himself (on Old Game Minus Solo) and then he joined me again for the bad ending (which you can't get in OG-, since that requires a full story completion). Surprisingly, the trophy for all upgrades now popped, we went ahead and tried the DLC again and that popped just fine too. I didn't try giving him the other trophies because either he already did them or he was almost done on his save file and it wouldn't be worth doing it with the lag of my hosting.

So here is my request: I would love to have another guinea pig to carry through the Japanese version of the game and push the boundaries to see what is necessary in order to hard carry someone through this game. I have a save with the grindiest trophies prepared to pop, just need to do 1 thing of each. You can check my list, it's everything earned on December 22nd, 2022 (click here and scroll to the bottom). You are still going to need to do AT LEAST one full solo playthrough on Old Game Minus, so it would be best to have someone who already did the WW version or played this game on another platform.

This game is available for very cheap in a 1 month subscription of PS++ Extra in the Japanese PS Store, it's 1250 yen for that or 1500 yen for the PS+++ Deluxe/Premium version. According to this post, you don't need the DLC to earn the DLC trophies, so I can save you the 890 yen you would spend on that as well.

Feel free to add/DM me on Discord (TheYuriG#6658), as I don't check the forums very often nor I do pay attention to PS Messages most of the time. I'll update this thread with all the discovered information and credit you for the assistance. Offer/Experiment available only until early January 2023, since that's when my Japanese PS+++ subscription expires.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 10/03/2023 at 8:39 PM, ROFL-WAFFLES said:

If Player A has a save in OG- before Teratomo, invites Player B, and they beat the Boss and the game, will player B get the OG- Co-Op trophy?

That's already how it works for that specific DLC anyway.

What I wanted to test was if you could carry someone from start to finish by using an endgame savefile, so it would be possible to skip the grinds like 100 upgrades, 32orbs, slapping every enemy, and finding every plant.

• 3 weeks later...
On 04/04/2023 at 8:17 AM, yamsluffy said:

It works if you leave one goo left, one thing to scan, and the alien artifact and logs. Inviting someone and they can get those grindy ones done pretty quick

Addressed already:

On 22/12/2022 at 2:04 PM, TheYuriG said:

I've rigged my main game save on the Japanese version (I'm aware that this is the forum for the WW stack) and attempted to carry EliasR991 through the longest and grindiest trophies to no avail. Not even the "play coop once" trophy would pop... but then it started working when we did the trophy for the OG- coop, yet he didn't get the trophies for all fauna/flora/explorer logs/alien movie/all upgrades/all DLC and I did.

There is something that allows trophies to unlock and the entire purpose of this thread is to pinpoint what is that requirement. On our first attempt, nothing popped, but on the second things popped just fine and he was able to get the DLC trophies I had rigged for him.